Coral Vue Hydros

My RSM...

smarsh

Beautiful stuff you got there!!! Love the montis ... I just got a nice piece of Reverse Sunset ... they are gorgeous!!! :D

Now get yourself some purple hornet zoos ;)

-David

I will wait on those purple hornets until the fad dies down. Zoas die sometimes for no reason, especially the wild collected ones. So spending so much money on single polyps is out of the question. I have the SPS bug now anyways. Though Im starting to really like chalices the more I see them.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-35600-1246068946_thumb.jpg

Im so glad this monti is coloring up after it browned during shipping. My flame angel has forgotten about it so the polyp extesion is getting much better. fingerscrossed

Very nice man! I enjoyed this thread.

Glad u have Kraylen.

Yeah, I havent been posting. My old tanks 90 and 50 gal are in my prop room at my partners house. Moved in with wife in her condo and my RSM keeps me happy, so I gave him my tanks. We have tons of stuff shrooms, rics, zoas and a good collection of SPS, mostly caps, digis and acros and everything that has out grown my DT or his is fragged and grown. We only sell locally now, dont reallly want to deal with shipping yet. My time has been consumed with this project. I will post a FTS tomorrow of my RSM. It's due!

• 3 weeks later...
Looks great!

Thanks! I have been just letting things grow and dosing as needed. At this point its hands off. I just finally changed the chemipure that was 6 months old. My media rack was glued in with calcium since it hasn't moved in so long. Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vodka Dosing...I highly recommend it! It has been one week and my skimmer is pulling out tar colored skimmate. SPS has never looked so happy and algae is just disappearing. :D

I am up to two drops a day

I started last week with 2 drops and redosed last night with another two. Its amazing the $$$ we spend on 2 part supplements and the one that has the largest effect is a .99 cent small bottle of smirnoff. This stuff is like steroids for SPS. The biggest problem is getting over the fact that you are putting vodka in your reef. The results are so worth it!

How many drops are you planning on going up to/day?

Maybe 3 at most. It has only been one week and the results are amazing. So I think I will max out at 3. I just dont want to push it, it seems too good to be true. fingerscrossed

What about you Stevie? You usually set the bar for RSM owners, How many per day will you go to?

After talking to a BC29 owner I am looking at going up to 6 drops per day. I did the math and it is right in line (proportion) with the dosing that larger tank owners have been doing.

Sounds like a plan! 6 drops a day.

Off topic but my GSP declined after the MH light upgrade. U had mentioned this in your thread. It turned white and even after recovery, It was never happy. So i gave it to my friend and it is taking over his 90 gal.

Mine isn't doing well. I can't tell if it is from the MH or the extra flow (vortech). It seemed fine until the move, then just went down hill. My guess is the MH

I don't want to move it since if it recovers it will take over the rocks. I really liked the large front lawn I had gong. :(

Well, some sort of plug or frag rock to start, but then they started to mat out just growing on sand. This makes it really easy to frag them. I think a multi colored zoa lawn would look awesome in your tank.

Good idea. I have a few on the sand attached to a tonga branch but they are really slow growers. There is a frag swap coming up next weekend. I will consider this when looking around at the goods.

I am also debating on a spotted jaw fish for the sand but don't really want to screen in the tank

• 10 months later...

post-35600-1279817408_thumb.jpg

Its been a year almost since I updated my thread. All that happened was I lost half of my zoas due to it being 40 degrees for a long period of time in Florida. I had both pumps burn out. I lost half my SPS from this. :angry: Other then that....the tank is doing fine. No water change in 8 months :o .....No filter pad either. Just StevieT's media rack filled with chemi pure and HEAVY skimming with salinity adjustments. Dosing Purple Tech daily for the past few months has kept my Alk at 12 and calcium at 420+. Used B-Ionic for years until I stumbled across this easy one bottle fix(works in my tank at least). Since im at work I only had phone pics....sorry for quality.

Archived