inTank Media Baskets

Lalani's 20H

Lalani

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I thought you were picking on me!

I did learn one neat photoshop tool while I was in college..... the magnetic lasso! ;)

lakshwadeep
Haha, I thought you were picking on me!

I did learn one neat photoshop tool while I was in college..... the magnetic lasso! ;)

I thought that's what you used (that is one of the few photoshop tools I still remember). All hail the lasso and its great powers! ;)

I thought that's what you used (that is one of the few photoshop tools I still remember). All hail the lasso and its great powers! ;)

Yeah, but I can't even use the regular lasso very well, the magnetic one is the shortcut. :happy:

Lalani,

How the h*ll did you get a 10-page thread in just a few weeks? That'll teach me to fall behind here!

Well, at least now I've found & read it (thanks largely to the unexpected new bump on your biorb thread)--how wonderful the consolidation turned out! And so many super pics! Too many to comment on but I loved this little vignette:

I'm so happy about the clowns, too. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly! But I think Bob helped them out a little.... I noticed he would guide them over to it and sit on top, then they would dive into the frogspawn like it was a fluffy pillow. :lol:

I'll take pics of them next time I see it happening. I'm just so tickled!

--and the picture story that illustrated it. Especially the pic of Bob perched head-down in the spawn!

And hooray for Bob; he's looking cuter than ever.

And I, too, was quite struck by the pic of the choreographed Nassarius. :D What a great catch!

Ok, now I'm caught-up and subscribed, so I'll try to only miss 3 or 4 pp at a time from now on. <_<

J/K!

--Diane

Lol! Thanks, Diane!

I'm not sure how I racked up so many pages in under a month..... I think I have a couple of stalkers lurking around here....... (You know who you are!)....... :ninja:

I also think I'm spending way too much time logged on. :unsure:

Bob is the real attention-getter!

This tank is stunning! Thats some of the best photography Ive seen as well...wish I could figure out how to use the bazillion options on mine lol.

+1 on Monks comment..It may be listed later in the thread but I have to know what camera you are using.

seriously the clearest photos ever. Please share.

Thanks so much. :)

The camera is a Canon Digital Rebel XT, and the lens I use most of the time is a Canon 28-135mm IS.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on a Canon 100mm macro lens....

A compromising shot of one nassarius snail.

IMG_8817.jpg

After he finished eating some of the shrimp, he left the group and kind of flopped over like this.... stayed that way for about a minute before he got up and went under the sand. :lol:

Nice shot, those snails are by far the strangest ones I have...

Do yours go up the glass to the top and then freefall to the bottom? I swear mine do it multiple times per day, and they do it on purpose because they are too lazy to go back down the way they came... It's pretty funny when I drop some food at the bottom if there are multiple nassarius on the glass above, they all let go and freefall pretty quick.

They are so much fun to watch. I only see them when they get a whiff of food, then they rise out of the sand like freakin' zombies! And yes, mine climb the walls and drop to the bottom when looking for the food..... Silly things. :lol:

lalani what camera do you use if you dont mind me asking, those are probably the clearest pictures i have ever seen.

Hey, you guys are dealing with a pro. :) Go to her profile and click on her homepage! (I, of course, esp. like the Nature gallery.)

Lalani, that shot of the nassie is great, but what bizarre behavior! (Even for a nassie!) Took me a while to figure out that it had its foot looped around over its shell...

--Diane

Hey Lalani,

I've spent the last few nights reading a little bit of you thread here and there. I finally got to the end and have to say your tank is beautiful and your photo skillz are superb!! I have all I can do to turn my camera on. Then once its on I can bush the button that takes the pictures but they are usually just a blurr. LOL.

Keep up the great work with both the tank and the photo's. I love the simplicity of your system and what you have accomplished.

Jason

Thanks Diane, I plan on updating macro-world.com with some of my reef pics, if I ever get around to it.

I've got to say, that was the first time the nassarius did this. He was really full and moving slowly.... maybe he had gas. :lol:

Thank you, Jason! I really appreciate it.

I'm not used to so many compliments, so thank you to everyone. :blush::flower:

Oh god... to think I actually miss this thread for 10 pages!

You got some mad photo skills here, girl!

Awesome tank! hey, I don't see any water in it? :P

And the blue background is burning my eyes!

I don't know what else to say except this...

:bowdown:

well dang.. now i sort of get the mad photo skills.

Thank you Diane for the tip to macroworld.com

Lalani.. really fantastic stuff.....Now i get it <wink>

Well, I don't think its going to have its same old squeaky clean look for much longer. Coralline is already starting to darken the look of the blue background..... I guess thats a good sign that my calcium is where it should be..... because I rarely test my water for anything.... I don't even own a calcium test... :mellow:

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

Bob watching over his domain:

IMG_8901.jpg

The camera is a Canon Digital Rebel XT, and the lens I use most of the time is a Canon 28-135mm IS.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on a Canon 100mm macro lens....

A Rebel omg...my gran has a rebel XT also... imagine being out done by you grandmother it kind of stings lol my gran has every thing... love the aqua scape Lalani love your yellow clown goby he (she) so cute :)

A Rebel omg...my gran has a rebel XT also... imagine being out done by you grandmother it kind of stings lol my gran has every thing... love the aqua scape Lalani love your yellow clown goby he (she) so cute :)

Haha, that is pretty sad. :lol:

Thanks Maco!

Super colors in that last Bob shot. He is SO photogenic! In the fts he looks like he's keeping an eye on the clowns. :D And boy, your substantial zoa colonies look nice.

--Diane

Bob loves the camera. :)

And the zoas were growing well in the 10gal tank, but have really taken off under the new T5s. I already have 5 frags of the red-skirt zoas!

:lol:

Those three pics don't count as a mini-fix? :unsure:

I'll try to get some more for you guys tomorrow, but I'm watching the tank right now (while watching Property Virgins on HGTV :huh: ) and the clownfish are hosting the frogspawn even more now that the lights are off. Bob is kinda sitting on the backside of the frogspawn like a regular third-wheel. :D

Archived