Top Shelf Aquatics

Lalani's 20H

Lalani

Sounds like your tank really has reached a nice balance. I can only hope that mine will be as low maintanence as my 10gal. was. I'll probably push the bioload limits of this one a little bit when I add another small goby, but I'm pretty diligent when it comes to water changes.

I really enjoyed the Biorb too, but it was just such a pain to keep clean and it was difficult to see everything in the tank because of the distortion. I would love to get the 16gal. version and have it in the middle of a room so you could see it from all angles. Make a nice stand for it and use a tall hex tank as a sort of sump, or just set up a closed loop. But.... I'm saying NO to acrylic tanks from now on!

The blue background probably does help give the appearance of crystal clear water. :lol:

If you look at the tank from the side, you can clearly see some crud floating in the water, but its not a ton of stuff. And the back glass is already starting to see coralline growth. I'm going to let it grow a bit before I decide if I want to let it continue or if I want to keep it clean.

One thing that does concern me.... When I first set up the AC110 fuge, I put sand in the bottom of it and now I'm starting to worry about that. There is a lot of detritus build-up between the rock and sand. I was going to take the sand out during the transfer of the other two tanks, but I just didn't have the time.... I need to do it soon though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you guys my secret earlier..... I use a lot of chlorine! :lol:

Just kidding!!! (for the noobs)

Haha, I guess its just gonna be OUR secret then. ;)

JK again...:haha:

I got hooked on Bob from reading your thread and I'm thinking of adding YCG to my tank too. How is he getting along with the clowns now-a-days?

I got hooked on Bob from reading your thread and I'm thinking of adding YCG to my tank too. How is he getting along with the clowns now-a-days?

He's doing great with the little guys, actually. He's basically the fun boss of the tank. He'll swim with the clowns and even guide them over to the frogspawn to show them its ok to touch. :rolleyes:

The only time I see any type of dominance over them is during feeding time. He will sometimes move towards them quickly, not quite charging, and they move away from him. I think its because he was the first fish in the tank and had been by himself for several months.

Alright, the last 2 pages have been void of new pictures, so here are a *few*.

First up is Bob. When he's not taking the clowns under his figurative wing, he's just chilling out on the rocks:

IMG_8688.jpg

I'm trying to get a good shot of him for this months photo contest, but haven't been able to catch any shots that I'm particularly happy with...

The two clownfish are falling in luuuuv with the frogspawn! Its so funny to watch the difference in their personalities. One of them is just a hyper active little thing that likes to dive into the frogspawn, rub up on it, swim away, circle it, then dive back in, and repeat. The other one takes a more sensual stance... Slowly swimming up to the delicate tentacles and gently suckling them. :lol:

Sucker:

IMG_8669.jpg

Hyper-active: Different lens, crappy shot.

IMG_8674.jpg

Object of their affection:

IMG_8676.jpg

Snuggling:

IMG_8801.jpg

Sucking:

IMG_8797.jpg

Resulting swollen mouth:

IMG_8810.jpg

And the CUC had a little picnic today on a piece of raw shrimp:

IMG_8807.jpg

IMG_8820.jpg

IMG_8820.jpg

Those are really cool looking Nassarius snails.

What kind of sand did you use in your tank? Sorry if I'm asking again.

Those are really cool looking Nassarius snails.

What kind of sand did you use in your tank? Sorry if I'm asking again.

Its the Arag-Alive special grade bagged sand.

I love your photos and the captioning. You should think about putting together a little comic strip.

Hehe, thanks! :D

Can you keep clown gobies like that? I thought they became agressive towards each other, but could be wrong.

Your pics are awesome-- I still cant make my same camera give me the same results!

Can you keep clown gobies like that? I thought they became agressive towards each other, but could be wrong.

:lol: I photoshopped my YCG into Colins photo. :lol:

Archived