Coral Vue Hydros

Lalani's 20H

Lalani

WOW! Beautiful tank Lalani!! Very impressive and its definately the cleanest tank ever!!!

Great job.

-texx

ps-I would love to see some xenia in there :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roc!: Thank you, its only 16 days old. :)

Thanks Tex! I'm not going to put xenia in this one because I don't want it to take over, but I may add some to my pico eventually. :)

But I see a spot right on top of the GSP rock! B)

But xenia can send babies off into the water column, and that would be no good.

Visually the tank looks like it has more balance with the new fish. Your tank is one of my favs.

Cheers

Thanks!

When do we get to see yours? ;)

starfish609
Thanks. :)

When do we get to see yours? ;)

I'll be moving into a house in about a year. I just got back from Aruba not too long ago so between the memories of snorkeling, and your tank, is how I'm going to have to live saltwater for now. ;) It will give me plenty of time to do it right.

Is more rock the next thing to add? I like Pom Pom Crabs (Lybia tesselata) if your taking suggestions, but they might get "lost" in your tank. Inverts are always interesting.

Cheers

Yes, I plan on adding more LR next, then a red mithrax crab, porcelain crab, and possibly a pom pom crab. I also want a skunk cleaner shrimp. :)

Thought I would pop in and say nice tank, you know now that I'm in your sig and all. Too bad I can't spell "duct" tape right......

Thought I would pop in and say nice tank, you know now that I'm in your sig and all. Too bad I can't spell "duct" tape right......

Did you notice the nice water in my tank? B)

Did you notice the nice water in my tank? B)

What an ass <_<

:happy:

Finally got around to making a mag frag rack, and its not too bad. :)

I think its just going to be in the display temporarily, until I decide on when and where to start a frag tank, but for now this will do. It actually helps fill in the empty space on the right.

As you can see, I've already filled it with the frags that were tucked into the front left corner before. Those red skirted zoas just grow like crazy.

Bob and the clownfish are still playing nice too.

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

NanoReeferNY
Finally got around to making a mag frag rack, and its not too bad. :)

I think its just going to be in the display temporarily, until I decide on when and where to start a frag tank, but for now this will do. It actually helps fill in the empty space on the right.

As you can see, I've already filled it with the frags that were tucked into the front left corner before. Those red skirted zoas just grow like crazy.

Bob and the clownfish are still playing nice too.

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

WoW what do you use in your tank its so clear!!!

WoW what do you use in your tank its so clear!!!

Ummmm....... alright.... I use a lot of chlorine.

j/k :haha:

Beautiful pictures, as usual. Do those blue and green zoas have a name? I'd like to find some.

Which zoas are you talking about? The ones that the YCG is hanging out on? Those are 'Green Bay Packers' and are green with yellow centers.

Amazing as always!!!! :happy:

I would definately suggest getting a skunk cleaner shrimp. I LOVE mine! When I put my hand in the tank he cleans it, and now I can even hand feed him. He knows when its feeding time and he will swim right up to the surface. Great addition to a tank IMO.

Very Nice Lalani, much better than my cheezy "hang-on-side" frag racks.

How did you make yours?

And guess what I just finished eating..........

IMG_8532.jpg

:happy:

Mmmmmmmm Good. I went to the fish market Friday to get some shrimp for jambalaya and saw they had fresh crawfish. I bet they were goooooood. Man I go nuts in that store. Grouper, red snapper, crabs, crawfish, shrimps, triggerfish, mullet, oysters. Hell, there was even some coonass ex-pat buying Andouille sausage. That place is worse than the reef store!

Oh, wait, you asked about my rack. It's a "hang-on-tank". I build it using acrylic, a blowtorch, and some eggcrate. Not nearly as elegant as your magnetic job.

fragrack.jpg

Oh yeah, that pile of pink in the tupperware is what happens when you drop a 3 yr. old Seriatopora hystrix on the floor while rearranging your tank. If I don't glue it to plugs today, the whole mass will solidify into one lump. Won't that be cute.

Those crawfish were soooooooo good. My dad seasoned them to perfection, but the potatoes and corn were a little bland. And these were graded crawfish... big suckers... not those little wimpy ones. I'm just thankful that someone else foot the bill! I love seafood, it ranks right up there with pasta! Especially salmon and shrimp. You should see the shrimp we have in our freezer. Every year, we take a trip down to the boats docked at Delcambre, LA. and we stock up on shrimp to last us the entire year! And andouille sausage is wonderful in a spicy crawfish pasta. *drool*

Your frag rack looks good, and really sturdy. Speaking of which.... I woke up this morning to a load of FAIL

IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8536.jpg

I used an off-brand super glue gel, and it seemed to cure really well.... But, I guess the saltwater changed that..... So, I will be removing it and re-gluing it with real super glue.....

And sorry about the birds nest, I bet it was a gorgeous piece. :(

Which zoas are you talking about? The ones that the YCG is hanging out on? Those are 'Green Bay Packers' and are green with yellow centers.

Oops, I thought they were blue. Thanks for the name!

Hey Lalani, what camera do you use to take your pics?

I'm gonna be getting one soon and am checking around and your pics always look so nice.

Archived