Pod Your Reef

Lalani's 20H

Lalani

Dunno she could be pulling one of those less than helpful strawberry crab things on us again! :D

AHHAHAA, I missed all that but sounds like it was fun.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry kmitch! That was an answer to nanoty. :D

I know I wasn't particularly helpful with the strawberry crab thread....... but I wasn't unhelpful. :huh:

As for camera settings. When I shoot my tanks, I usually keep it on P, program mode and ISO around 400. Shutter speed is usually 1/60 - 1/125, f4.0 - 5.6. Auto white balance. And I sometimes underexpose by 2 stops so I can get the fish in action. Then I put them into Photoshop and do any levels adjustments that need doing.

Sometimes I switch to M manual and use my external flash, but that rarely works out. :P

Ended up not moving, not married (she was a ##### haha).

I just went by Fintastic in Sulphur and picked up two koralia nano pumps and a 20lb bag of sand. Im setting up a 15g frameless tonight :D

I'll start a thread here and on LARC when I get water in the tank, I'll send you the link.

:rant:

What's that for?

Travis: Ah, that sucks about the fiance, but I guess its better that you two split before getting hitched.

Anyways, glad to hear you're starting another reef!

Blue. Thanks a bunch! :D

Hope your kid doesn't look anything like you..... I mean, they would really get picked on if they walked around all the time with duct tape around their head...... :happy:

W O W !!! awsome tanks!! all of them Lalani!

I think I'm gonna ask her to marry me...not for her looks or money..but for hrr tanks!!! lol..

so quest for ya.. I'm having a bit o prob....with my flow. I see u have 2 koralia as well .. do u run both? I have a HOB biowhl 350 running ideas? run all 3 use awavemaker?its a 20L

Pretty soon you're going to think i'm a stalker and following your every move, but I think I may have to get a pair of occ. clowns like those to go with my YCG!!!!! Hhehhe. They look like they are getting along great and the orange and yellow mixture of small fish looks fantastic!!

I think I'm gonna ask her to marry me...not for her looks or money..but for hrr tanks!!! lol..

That is definitely a first....

I'm not the best person to ask about flow.. I pretty much wing the whole operation.

Anyways, my 20H has a AC110 fuge on low flow and one koralia nano turned on right now. The second koralia.... well I thought I would need it and I don't... but I'm too lazy to take it out... and Bob likes it.

Pretty soon you're going to think i'm a stalker and following your every move, but I think I may have to get a pair of occ. clowns like those to go with my YCG!!!!! Hhehhe. They look like they are getting along great and the orange and yellow mixture of small fish looks fantastic!!

Nah, Colin, you're no stalker compared to that other guy.. :lol::huh:

Just like the YCG, clownfish are just so full of character and they really liven the place up. Bob is definitely the boss over the two clowns. I've actually watched him warn them once during feeding time..... Dats ma boy!

Oh yeah well who says you have to have water in your tank to hit 11 pages :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those people just feel sorry for you. ;)

stalker.... such a strong word doncha think?..perhaps attentive?.....lol

ok sounds like me just sorta wingin it on those koralias.. the flow seems good now and when the come on.. ... BAM! things go everywhere! lol..

stalker.... such a strong word doncha think?..perhaps attentive?.....lol

ok sounds like me just sorta wingin it on those koralias.. the flow seems good now and when the come on.. ... BAM! things go everywhere! lol..

Attentive.... uh huh.... :P

When I first turned on the Koralia nano, it seemed like a lot of flow and the corals seemed a little unhappy, but I left it on and everything seemed to adjust to it pretty well. In fact, the GSP started growing like crazy in the higher flow. Just go with the trial-and-error method. Change the location and positions if you need to, and if the inhabitants are still unhappy after a few days, then just go ahead and remove the PH. :)

Great looking tank!

BTW, when I made my mag floats, I glued the rack to the top of the magnet with crazy glue gel and then filled the egg crate holes over the magnet with hot glue. That seemed to work. The only trouble I have now is when bubble algae grows between the magnet and the glass. It eventually causes the magnets to fall off if you let the bubbles get too big ;) But it is cool to watch.

Thanks!

Hehe, hopefully I won't have to fight with bubble algae. :D

;)

I actually don't mind bubble algae. It is cool to watch grow and and never ssems to become problematic if you have plenty of coraline growth. I read somewhere that the spores can't attach to coraline very well. That is inline with my observations. It can cause havoc on those mag floats though ;) I had to remove mine every couple of months and remove the bubble algae from the back of them. Apparently the back of them is the only place not covered with coraline ;)

I don't mind the bubble algae either, and it doesn't seem to grow too well in my tanks. I do have a strange type of red valonia (I believe) growing on the frag of whammin watermelon zoas I got from you. Do you have anything like this in your tank?

IMG_8133.jpg

I don't mind the bubble algae either, and it doesn't seem to grow too well in my tanks. I do have a strange type of red valonia (I believe) growing on the frag of whammin watermelon zoas I got from you. Do you have anything like this in your tank?

IMG_8133.jpg

I am not sure if I have any in the tank that the watermelons came from - but I might - it is a big tank. I have seen stuff like that in my 46G. I usually pull stray macro algaes out of zoa colonies because they often seem to stunt their growth. I had some "money plant" - Halimeda growing in a zoa colony once. It looked really neat, but I had to pull it and move it to the fuge because it seemed to hurt the zoas.

I'm thinking about turning my sexy shrimp pico into a mainly macroalgae and xenia tank, as a little experiment, so the strange bubble algae will most likely be moved into that tank. The rock with the rics on it has a bunch of caulpera and halimeda growing on it and I have to rip the junk out every few weeks or they start growing over the corals. I'm trying to find something that will eat them... but no luck yet.

I'm thinking about turning my sexy shrimp pico into a mainly macroalgae and xenia tank, as a little experiment, so the strange bubble algae will most likely be moved into that tank. The rock with the rics on it has a bunch of caulpera and halimeda growing on it and I have to rip the junk out every few weeks or they start growing over the corals. I'm trying to find something that will eat them... but no luck yet.

When my 46B first started up, I had caulerpas and halimedas growing every now and then out of everything. It stopped after 6 months or so. Not sure why. That tanks runs itself now - also not sure why. I don't even clean the glass anymore even though 2 black ocelaris clowns, a yellow tang, a flame angel, a royal gramma and a green chromis seems like a lot for 46 gallon of water - esepcially since most of them are near their full size now. And I added an RBTA for the clowns, who finally moved in after two months - so that is even more bioload. It is at some sort of happy balance for now - but I am sure that will change...

A macro pico tank sounds cool. I loved the bio-orb you had. I am sure it will look great.

I just figured out Lalanis secret to that crystal clear looking water - it is her spotless blue background. There is never a spec of coraline or othe algae on that background! Nice work lalani.

Archived