ReefCleaners.org

Lalani's 20H

Lalani

Possibly a mandarin goby, lol. -_-

omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg A Mandarin???!!! Yay!!! I definitely want a Mandarin eventually too...I have been doing a lot of reading lately about training them to eat prepared/frozen and talking to Stevie about his...he eats Rod's Food-which is what I will probably try (besides frozen brine). I have a lot of visible pods already...but my tank is still too young. I am going to start dosing with DT's live pods and keeping them cultured as back up. It's hard to wait, but I know I have to if I want to successfully keep one fat and healthy. I am thinking of probably ordering from LA when the time comes because I can't get a 14 day guarantee from any LFS around here AND when I questioned customer service about what they feed their Mandarins...they explained that they don't ship until they are confirmed to be eating live brine shrimp, so that's a start...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think lalani should be like Glenn and overstock her 40b:

1 batfish

1 puffer

10 tang

(wait this is more like humatrigger :wacko: )

Your noob ass is trying to bash glenn.

GTFO

oh and ahahahahahhaha you got ignored

Alicia - Lol, well it was totally unplanned.. I've always wanted a mandarin, but didn't want the hassle of trying to get one to take frozen foods... now I've been sorta of thrust into it. Hopefully it'll work out. fingerscrossed

Great fish, so I hope you'll be successful with yours when you get one. :)

/oh snap!

:lol:

Your noob ass is trying to bash glenn.

GTFO

oh and ahahahahahhaha you got ignored

Ah, don't pick on him..

The zoa's are doing awesome! they have colored up really nicely. :) Mandarins rock!!!!!

Glad they're doing well for you. :happydance:

This is the most perfect color arrangement Ive ever seen.

Haha, thanks, Monkey. :)

Yep that is some kinda of monti IMO. Lets hope for setosa!

Cant wait to see the 40 going, Mandy's are indeed the best little reef fishes.

Tank does have a really NICE balance of color. I love those red zoas!! Must be my next purchase, I have too much green.. Good luck on the 40b, I think that's my next tank purchase when I move out with my gf.. can't wait... for the tank that is.

40br is my limit. :P

Hahaha! I am going to remember that... :P

Just when things couldn't possibly look any better! :tears: I am going to miss this tank... BUT cannot wait to see the new and improved!!! Yayyyy!!! :happydance:

Lalani,

Two quick questions before you dismantle your tank!

1) How long is your photoperiod? Did you adjust it after you got the T-5s with single reflectors?

2) Do you have much spill-over from the light over your fuge? How long is your fuge light on? Do you have it reversed so it's on during the night (opposite the main lights)?

Thanks! Just wondering...

1) My photoperiod is 12-hours: 2x actinics on at 12pm and 10K and 3rd actinic on at 1pm.... 10K and actinic off at 11pm and 2x actinics off at 12am.

2) There is some spill-over light from the fuge.. more than I like, so I don't leave it on at night. Every once in a while I'll turn the light on and leave it for a few hours, but the majority of the time it's off... chaeto still grows light crazy, lol.

Archived