Cultivated Reef

Reef Tank photo shoot with Alicyn and Tori

SeeDemTails

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sports bras are nothing special, just way to keep "the girls" in check when working out, or to lounge around in like you're doing in the pics. You look good though SeeDem, a good model has a nice toned body in most cases, so kudos there. :)

Can't wait to see how the tank pics turn out though!!

like u even care about the tank photos :P

Can't wait to see how the tank pics turn out though!!

I will post a couple ASAP when I get them. We are traveling around the area to a few of my husbands friends tanks and a few tanks that the LFS maintains to get some other shots, with many different themes. Fragging corals and water changes are just a couple to come.

Last night I had one of my photographers come over and do some photos for a website that I am working on with our LFS.

The idea for this picture was to get a picture of someone taking pictures of a reef tank. My little sister Alicyn and her friend Tori came over to take a few pictures. Jack Watson was the photographer, and was shooting with his Nikon D2XS and brought his whole lighting setup.

We used my double sided 37 gal as the tank for the shot, and even took a few pics through the tank.

Here are a few pics my husband took.

Your truly!

IMG_5494.JPG

Shooting the tank...

IMG_5499.JPG

IMG_5503.JPG

From left to right....Alicyn, Tori, Me, Jack Watson.

IMG_5506.JPG

Stay tuned for more photos of the actual shots.

:lol: Is this for the Reef Calander!!! You go Girl :lol:

Hmm.. I have been considering a little road trip. When is hurricane season? I have horrible luck! :)

I don't envy your friend Jack, though - shooting two completely different colors of light and having a cohesive shot is a challenge for any photographer.

Way to treat it is two seperate exposures. Set your camera to expose the tank and set your strobes to expose your model. Best way to do this is with a spot meter with your camera to set the camera and take a meter reading near the models face. To prevent reflection on the model you will need to angle the strobes as far from the side or from the top as possible than having a secondary strobe on the opposite end as a fill light, or a big reflector.

The easy way to do this is to do a slow shutter drag and bounce the light off the ceiling with an on camera flash. As long as the model is in between the flash and the tank reflection shouldn't be a problem.

Whore?

Well I guess I don't see that, they aren't even meant to be sexy shots, but hey if thats how you feel.

Sounds to me like someone wishes they had a bunch of hot girls in their house taking pictures of and with their tank....Ohh wait never mind, didn't it crash?! :lol:

You should see all the free coral I am getting for working on these photos, so I guess I am a coral whore. :D

My girlfreind > all three of those chicks in the pic

Tank didnt crash I sold it

It's time to give this thread the official...

Seal of Awesomeness!

post-30962-1203818340_thumb.jpg

score

whats the matter? you dont dig chicks with their learners permit?

:lol:

The biggest problem with you is you look like every other woman in the world....If you cam out to south cali you would just be mediocre....

The biggest problem with you is you look like every other woman in the world....If you cam out to south cali you would just be mediocre....

Wow now that was uncalled for!

Pics of your GF for everyone to compare. :lol:

I cant believe it but the 60 gallon cube and the prop tank are both gone. I decided to sell my old setup because it was big and used a lot of power not to mention the system pretty much crashed and I lost a lot of money in coral

I guess you better go change your tank thread then so it reads correctly! :o

If I was mediocre I wouldnt be getting paid $300 for photo shoots. Sounds to me like your just pissed because a girl, who is better looking than your supposed GF, is making fun of you.

Mediocre is a term better used to describe your current tank. That might even be too much! :lol:

I would think Florida is pretty comparable to socal as far as good looking women though. I live in SouthFla and there is defintely no shortage. Their personality is a whole diff story though :)

Guys, give up the negative comments. You will never get through to a Paris Hilton type.

Just watch the response Paris gives. She's lost about 75% of her credibility with this dumb post anyway.

Come on every one jump on the bandwagon, todays conductors are proraptor2 and Marky Mark. :lol:

Credibility with who, you and a few other people on a forum that spans the country?!? Bwahahaha like I give a crap about my credibility with you, a faceless person on some forum.

75% of your posts are in the beginners section Marky Mark, sounds like your chalk full of credibility when it comes to the topic this forum revolves around, reef keeping! Nothing but a noob! :lol:

The only people this post was for, and the only people who my credibility on this subject matter to, were the few photogs who I talked to about modeling with reef tanks before, not to get you losers all riled up. Next time I wont bother posting pictures of myself or any of my model friend, sorry to inconvenience you with a few pictures.

Every one of you losers who are attempting to make fun of me, I guess to make yourself look cool, or homosexual, I'm not sure which, wishes you could find a girl as pretty as me who was more into reef keeping than most of you, and you know it.

Now, lets see some pics of your super hot girlfriend Proraptor!

Archived