inTank Media Baskets

Feedback for the Won't You be my Valentine? Frag Swap

arwndsh

Hopefully the umm..."overly-cautious" bagging wasn't too difficult to get into :)

Oh, brother - it was difficult, all right - just like it should be!

I LOVED UNWRAPPING IT ALL!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Elegance is slowly opening up as are the rics. The zoas are being stubborn and are tightly closed. The larger ric hs two mouths and appears to be an olive green color, maybe a little blue, the smaller, is not opening up much yet but it is really a cool neon yellow with a tint of green. The elegance is simply a stunning color! I can't wait to see it open up. I hope they all fare well. So far so good.

Thanks Louie!

Youre going to LOVE that neon ric, Its tiny but will be pretty! That ric is green with a blueish tint towards the center.

Dumb zoas, I hope they pull through. I hope you like that elegance for ever she's really nice.

Was my packaging okay? leakage anything?

Tasha everything was A-OK they heat pack was dead tho:( water was cold since a cold front came by last night. I'm just need to go buy super glue to mount the shrooms. Them zoas are SWEEET!

The Propagator

Hmmm... yet another frag swap I was not aware of.....

message received............... :angry:

:P

Hmmm... yet another frag swap I was not aware of.....

message received............... :angry:

:P

Do you never look in the classifieds? There has been a thread up about it for probably a month now. Hmpf. :P

Youre going to LOVE that neon ric, Its tiny but will be pretty! That ric is green with a blueish tint towards the center.

Dumb zoas, I hope they pull through. I hope you like that elegance for ever she's really nice.

Was my packaging okay? leakage anything?

Packaging was great. Fun to get into though. Damn you tie tight knots. Finally cut the elegance out of her outer bag.

Inner bag of the elegance leaked a bit, she still had pleny of water and it did not get out of the second bag. Box was dry. I'm sure your packaging is why they made it 2 days as well as they did. Good Job! Heat pack was dry but dead.

Here's a couple of pics. I hope the little ric pulls through. I really like the color. How much was it open before you shipped, what size, or diameter was it? Elegance is being cautious about saying hello but I absolutely love her! I put her on my wife's side of the tank and I'm sure she will be happy with that. (It's in our office, my desk is on one side hers on the other). You were right when you said she healed up nicely from the fragging. I can't tell which side was cut. Left?

Rics-cropped.jpg

Elegance-Cropped.jpg

didnt know this thred existed.. :)

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1709.jpg

DSCN1707.jpg

DSCN1701.jpg

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1697.jpg

the green one isnt looking too good today though,

i acclimated for 3 hours, all other corals doing well. it receeded more, and it it started spewing stuff and lost tips when i tried to blow away the spewed stuff cuz i thought it was algea

DSCN1737.jpg

Drip acclimation is not a good idea for shipped corals, and actually causes more stress.

The best way to acclimate shipped corals is to float for 15-20 mins and then place directly in the tank.

........ seriously.

*keyboard to head*

*cries* i thought i was doing the right thing and not being lazy!

darn

Don't sweat it. At least you have corals to drip acclimate. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, Louie, you are not going to believe this. And there is a lesson to be learned here for all of us. I just picked up all the packaging to take it out to my garage to store and.... The heat pack is HOT, well, very warm. When I opened the box, I noticed that the tape was covering the two red strips which the instructions says is a no no. At the time, I thought hmm..... Well, it says this for a reason! That heat pack is just starting its cycle. I am going to keep it here to see how long it goes. I'm grateful you packaged things as well as you did Louie. They made the trip sans heat pack altogether.

wtfe--------->>>>>>>> via ups fingerscrossed 1Z10W5A60125817966

just checked and tracking cant find it yet, only been less than an hr. though.

prewarmed heat pack, was nice and toasty.

rock. i still can't see it on ups.com, but i trust that it'll be here soon!

........ seriously.

*keyboard to head*

darn

I still love that tailspot! I simply have to get one of those!

:slap: Thats how I feel.

I was to cautius with the bagging and stuff that I made a newb mistake!!!! UGH

I hope you like everything and that everything goes for the the best. Looks like the ric wants to split!

:slap: Thats how I feel.

I was to cautius with the bagging and stuff that I made a newb mistake!!!! UGH

I hope you like everything and that everything goes for the the best. Looks like the ric wants to split!

I think it is too funny! :lol:

I was wiggin' last night but now that things are settling in, I'm feeling a little better. If my stupid hermits would leave the elegance alone, I think she would open up a bit more. I really hope everything settles in ok.

How much more is that baby ric going to open up? I think you are right about the other ric splitting.

........ seriously.

*keyboard to head*

darn

I'm sorry!!

The zoas will probably be fine, the green lps is the one I'm concerned about.

I've never dipped lps before (never been in a position where I needed to), but I do know that it can be done. If you can get ahold of some Seachem Reef Dip, you could try dipping it according to the instructions on the bottle.

While I wish this hadn't happened for you, we can at least learn from it.

Next time we need to include an acclimation guide and I will add to the shipping instructions that we need to be sure not to cover up the red stripe on the heat pack.

I'm so used to doing this that sometimes it doesn't occur to me to mention those kinds of things.

Sorry guys.

I wouldn't sweat it Louie, it sounds like the stuff you sent is doing okay and now you know for next time.

I was wiggin' last night but now that things are settling in, I'm feeling a little better. If my stupid hermits would leave the elegance alone, I think she would open up a bit more. I really hope everything settles in ok.

Maybe you could make a makeshift recovery basket for it to keep the hermits out.

Take either an empty 2 liter bottle or an empty plastic storage container and make small holes in it to allow for circulation and just put it over the elegance upside down.

You'd have to cut the 2 liter bottle down of course.

reeferman-chris

I have some pics of the coral I recieved yesterday from Mudfish. Everything looks great!!! Thank you so much!!!

Hammer

ValentinesGiftsMudfish001.jpg

ValentinesGiftsMudfish004.jpg

Kenya Tree

ValentinesGiftsMudfish003.jpg

ValentinesGiftsMudfish005.jpg

Rainbow Acan

ValentinesGiftsMudfish002.jpg

ValentinesGiftsMudfish007.jpg

Rose Acro

ValentinesGiftsMudfish006.jpg

Thanks again!!!

i feel like that elegance could eat the hermits!... well then again i guess not... or idk actually. nvmd !! haha

i just feel so stupid!

but shouldnt the brown jelly not have happened so quickly if it is dying BECAUSE of my mistake

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/Toastii/DSCN1693.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/Toastii/DSCN1587.jpg

there is for my recipient for the frag of blue xenia.

it is bluer (i think) than the one purchased in a group buy in my area. but its like a blueish grey/purple

pics dont show real color. they dull it out. but its pretty, and its def not the normal beige color

PS again sry for the delay- but i figured i owed you a pic

the xenia is recovering quite nicely btw

Archived