Innovative Marine Aquariums

Feedback for the Won't You be my Valentine? Frag Swap

arwndsh

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlantis Reef

what the hell it was next day air first thing bah. Don email me the tracking info again I will call them or call me I pmed you my number

duh I found the tracking info and calling fedex right now was suppose to be delivered by 1030 this morning

Package arrived. Corals are very cold, but seem to have held up well, thanks Bill. I got a green hammer with about 4 heads and a mushroom. They should look nice once they've become acclimated to the tank.

Thanks again, Bill!

Atlantis Reef

017.jpg was sent

009-3.jpg ric was sent

001-1.jpg was sent

tank023.jpg both the monti and acro was sent

Im waiting for FEDEX to call me back they have no idea where the package is!!!! ARGGGGGGGGG Don I will make this right trust me feel free to call me I gave you my cell number in pm

Tom

BustytheSnowMaam

JP-

I took some pics today, but my kids had a snow day and I haven't had a chance to upload yet, but will do soon. The armor of God zoas are really sharp!

Tasha

PS- Everyone else- if you use UPS or FedEx and your package got mislaid, be sure to ask for your money back for the shipping. If the package doesn't make it due to weather (which is beyond their control), they won't refund you, but if it's because of their mistake they will. They won't reimburse for the corals of course, but at least you'll get your shipping money back. If you use a pack-and-ship to send, FedEx or UPS will credit the pack-and-ship back directly and they in turn can credit you. The pack-and-ship will have a record of everything and should be able to handle it for you. This has been my experience.

+1 to what Tash said. That is exactly what is happening with me. UPS store has filed a claim and I will get my money back from them directly.

Darin-

That's not just one shroom! There are at least 4 babies under and around it that I counted before I sent it. That's why I chose that one. Plus I like that branch-type rock it's on. Makes it easier to stick in rockwork I think. Those shrooms have done really well for me and those 4 babies should grow up in no time.

Watch out for that hammer. It has been splitting quickly for me and sometimes touches other corals if I don't check it regularly. Good luck with them both. If next swap is the same amount of time in between as the last two you should be able to send frags of those on to someone else. That's the hope anyway.

Bill

+1 to what Tash said. That is exactly what is happening with me. UPS store has filed a claim and I will get my money back from them directly.

Darin-

That's not just one shroom! There are at least 4 babies under and around it that I counted before I sent it. That's why I chose that one. Plus I like that branch-type rock it's on. Makes it easier to stick in rockwork I think. Those shrooms have done really well for me and those 4 babies should grow up in no time.

Watch out for that hammer. It has been splitting quickly for me and sometimes touches other corals if I don't check it regularly. Good luck with them both. If next swap is the same amount of time in between as the last two you should be able to send frags of those on to someone else. That's the hope anyway.

Bill

Cool, thanks Bill. I didn't realize there were some other shrooms under there. I'm pretty impressed at how well they held up, even with the extra day in transit.

thanks again to shivametimbas for my new SPS fetish! :bowdown:

from lemons to lemonade: (and a bit pissed from being out of water...)

frag_swap9.jpg

frag_swap10.jpg

NIIICE!!

What's that insanely neon coral in the background of your pics?

Whatever it is, I want some!

NIIICE!!

it's a (recovering?) red goniopora. i took a little time off from being a diligent caregiver and it's receded a bit. lately, i've been targeting mashed up cyclopeeze and oyster eggs and it seems to be feeling a little better. it'll be a year in my tank in may.

NIIICE!!

Me Too!

Update:

The heat packs lasted until the next morning though at a diminished output. So, a little less than the 30+hrs but some could have been used up during the two day transit.

The large rics are doing great. The small ric (my favorite of the two) hasn't opened up but is still showing color. The zoas haven't opened but are extending this morning. We'll see what they do at lights on. Elegance is still the same, partially extended.

I'm anxiously awating photos Tasha! :) The AoG really is a nice piece. I'm interested in your perceptions on the others, particularly the Pipe Organ. Has the pipe opened yet? It gets much more impressive as it grows. I really like the dreamweavers also. A lot of people like the rainbows, but they're not my favorite.

Here are links to where the AoG, Rainbow and Dreamweaver were purchased.

https://reefer.powweb.com/catalog/product_i...c8bf881a49829e7

Jared Butler is a local club member and great to work with. If you are interested in anything, It might be better to contact him directly. I can get you his direct contact information. He has some incredible pieces. I am getting a frag of this:

IncredibleHulkAcropora2.jpg

http://www.thecoraloasis.com/index2.html

from him soon along with a bunch of others. I can't wait!

I had the Armageddons but they didn't make the move to this tank. Jared has another frag for me. I REALLY like that piece, even more than the AoG. My favorite zoas/palys that I have (or had until I get the armageddons again) would be Purple People Eaters (documented one step off of Perun, the real deal, my pride and joy of the tank, well, zoa/palys anyway), Armageddon, AoG, Dreamweavers, Spidermans, Rainbow (In that order). I would have sent frags of a couple of the others but they aren't big enough to frag yet. Future swaps! :D I have been doing more sps as of late and will shift that direction, only so much real estate in a nano! :angry: I'm sure a lot of pieces will end up evicted over time.

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there! :blush:

Hey JP-

Sorry I'm such a slowpost, I've had a busy start to my week. I'll get those pics up. :)

I hope everything is doing ok. Have they opened up and colored up for you?

BustytheSnowMaam
I hope everything is doing ok. Have they opened up and colored up for you?

They have, they're doing great! My problem is I need to move a few things and scrape glass to get some good pics and I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did take some pics one evening and when I uploaded them they were blurry (looked fine on the image viewer of the camera). I have a few hours free tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll get to it after I get my bills paid. :)

They have, they're doing great! My problem is I need to move a few things and scrape glass to get some good pics and I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did take some pics one evening and when I uploaded them they were blurry (looked fine on the image viewer of the camera). I have a few hours free tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll get to it after I get my bills paid. :)

No worries, just wanted to be sure everything was doing well and you were pleased with them.

BustytheSnowMaam

Here you go jpndave! Sorry it took so long!!

The only one I don't have a pic of is the pipe organ- I moved a few things around yesterday and it's still po'd.

IMG_6975_edited.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_7010_edited.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

and a FTS:

IMG_7015.jpg

Thank you again! I really love the AOGs, they really stand out! I will post a pic of the pipe organ when it's not having a bad day!

Here you go jpndave! Sorry it took so long!!

The only one I don't have a pic of is the pipe organ- I moved a few things around yesterday and it's still po'd.

Thank you again! I really love the AOGs, they really stand out! I will post a pic of the pipe organ when it's not having a bad day!

That's great! Everything looks healthy and happy. The AoG really is a nice piece. The pipe organ will be a favorite when it grows out. Looks really cool in the flow when it is open and happy.

Archived