Coral Vue Hydros

Feedback for the Won't You be my Valentine? Frag Swap

arwndsh

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's here! I got a phone call from the post office at 7 this morning (before they open). It came in on the early truck. :) Heat pack is dead but temps are 69-70 degrees. Much better than expected. fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed

BustytheSnowMaam

Ok guys, next time I'll spring for the extra nickel for the 40-hr heat packs :) Glad your package is ok. My zoas are still opening this morning but as soon as they're open I'll take pics.

I CAN'T WAIT TO POST PHOTOS TONIGHT.

THANK YOU CHRIS

AS A PERSON WHO DOESN'T COLLECT ZOAS AND PALYS, I NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS I'D KEEP PURPLE DEATHS.

THANKS MAN

Ok guys, next time I'll spring for the extra nickel for the 40-hr heat packs :) Glad your package is ok. My zoas are still opening this morning but as soon as they're open I'll take pics.

You are awesome for springing for the heat packs in the first place! The packs I sent you were 40hr. How were they on arrival? They were activated at a little before 2pm mountain time.

I hope everything is ok! Rics, a zoa/paly and the elegance. I would guess the zoa will be ok, as they are tough. Not sure about the elegance or rics, I have no experience with them. The rics are off of the rock but that isn't surprising. I'll have them out in a little bit.

Glad to see everyone has gotten such good stuff and I hope everything pulls through okay.

Most of it probably will.

I've got my fingers crossed for shivametimbas, esp. after last time.

And btw, I DO ship with foil lined insulation!

Shipping is just dicier in extreme cold.

Pics for all to see. The xenia are under actinics only so sorry about the blueness.

Xenia in the 55

CSC_0804.jpg

Zoas, all in Harrys ghetto abode.

These have tiny polyps, a blue-ish color.

CSC_0798.jpg

Gorilla nipple? Looks kinda like the ones in the 55.

CSC_0800.jpg

These are just wicked lookin.

CSC_0802.jpg

Thank you very much Brian!

Bill

F'in UPS. I wouldn't be so concerned, but we had a pretty bad ice storm last night.

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description

BETHLEHEM,

PA, US 02/13/2008 11:49 A.M. INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE

US 02/12/2008 5:46 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

F'in UPS. I wouldn't be so concerned, but we had a pretty bad ice storm last night.

Package Progress

BETHLEHEM,

PA, US 02/13/2008 11:49 A.M. INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE

Darn UPS you would think with there rate hikes they would be able to afford to do things correctly. URG!!!! Hopefully everything will work out.

BustytheSnowMaam
You are awesome for springing for the heat packs in the first place! The packs I sent you were 40hr. How were they on arrival? They were activated at a little before 2pm mountain time.

Your heat packs were still very warm. I think the box sat on my porch for an hour until I got home and it was all still toasty.

I have to explain- when I do something dumb there's usually a reason- the reason I only got 30 hour heat packs, and not 40, was for some reason I was afraid that the 40 hour packs would be hotter than the 30 hour packs and therefore would melt everything. The next time we do this I will definitely order 40s or 60s.

And yes, putting them in your pocket is the best way to heat them up. They warm up by absorbing the heat around them. Share a little body heat with your valentine ;) (j/k!)

Ooh, ooh - my stuff's here!

Hey, a great big "Thank You" to everybody that contributed to the Shipping Relief Fund - it really helped out A LOT and I greatly appreciated it!

Package Progress

BETHLEHEM,

Damn UPS. This is too many screw-ups in one swap, AFAIC.

Your heat packs were still very warm. I think the box sat on my porch for an hour until I got home and it was all still toasty.

I have to explain- when I do something dumb there's usually a reason- the reason I only got 30 hour heat packs, and not 40, was for some reason I was afraid that the 40 hour packs would be hotter than the 30 hour packs and therefore would melt everything. The next time we do this I will definitely order 40s or 60s.

And yes, putting them in your pocket is the best way to heat them up. They warm up by absorbing the heat around them. Share a little body heat with your valentine ;) (j/k!)

:lol:

That is good to hear on the heat packs being warm still. According to the forcast, you have some brutal cold weather there, so if they sat out any time at all, it is saying something that it was still warm. I'm glad I put in two packs though. I was worried about those packs because they were only slightly warm in a little less than 1/2 hr. that I had them activating. After reading the instructions more closely, it says they take a little longer than that. Glad it worked out. I'd love to see some pics of how they are doing. I personally, really like the AoG, they seem to do very well and open up nicely after they get settled in. The only palys I have seen larger are those pinks I sent. The Pipe Organ is a cool piece. Everyone that sees my tank comments on it. And I have some high end pieces in there.

This is where I bought my heat packs.

http://superiorenterprise.com/product_info...products_id=224

The 40hr packs actually peak later and at at a lower temp than the 30hr versions. I would bet that they all realease a similar total BTU amount and they just buffer that to spread it out over a different time period. If you want to get really fancy, they recommend using a fast and a slow pack to spread the heat out over a longer period of time.

It was sure nice of you to supply packs to everyone! How many did you send out?

The Elegance is slowly opening up as are the rics. The zoas are being stubborn and are tightly closed. The larger ric hs two mouths and appears to be an olive green color, maybe a little blue, the smaller, is not opening up much yet but it is really a cool neon yellow with a tint of green. The elegance is simply a stunning color! I can't wait to see it open up. I hope they all fare well. So far so good.

Thanks Louie!

shivametimbas

wtfe--------->>>>>>>> via ups fingerscrossed 1Z10W5A60125817966

just checked and tracking cant find it yet, only been less than an hr. though.

prewarmed heat pack, was nice and toasty.

Did it seriously get lost? This is ridiculous. It was alot of money to ship that via UPS. They could at least get it there on time. I mean if it's cold and on time then it's my fault and I can deal with that. I just hate it being in someone elses hands where I can't fix their screw up. Shoulda been there between 8-1030 this morning.

So sorry man.

Bill

AND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

AND?!?!?!?!?!?

please say it made it okay, please say it made it okay...

Well, ah -

IT'S ALL JUST SO GREAT!

Everything is fine, well-packed, smooth-burning, long-satisfying! Smoke Chesterfields!

I can't believe all the wonderful goodies I got - as you may know, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, so Happy Birthday to me!

I was sent the following:

blue/red acan

Kenya Tree leather

purple rim montipora

pokerstar montipora

orange polyp monti. verrucosa "Orange Sherbet"

and a DUNCAN!

WOOHOO!

I sure wish I coulda sent as fine of stuff as I got - I sent the best I had, but man - this just shames me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Pics later, when they all still don't look like they would rather be back in their old house.

shivametimbas

who's was lost?

and yeah, UPS, alot of money! my first packaging would have cost me 76 bucks to ship! i got it down about 23 though :bling:

if anything goes wrong, i am just sending a 50 dolla bill overnight next time!!

Did it seriously get lost? This is ridiculous. It was alot of money to ship that via UPS. They could at least get it there on time. I mean if it's cold and on time then it's my fault and I can deal with that. I just hate it being in someone elses hands where I can't fix their screw up. Shoulda been there between 8-1030 this morning.

So sorry man.

Bill

Not your fault, Bill...don't apologize for something that's out of your hands.

This is just another reason why I hate shipping stuff. Its a PITA.

Maybe the next swap can be organized to allow folks to meet face-to-face. Those who are willing to drive an hour or two could meet up and swap. (Just a suggestion) I would prefer that to paying for shipping and all the crap that goes with shipping. PLus you get to meet weird reefers like yourself...its always fun.

Well, ah -

IT'S ALL JUST SO GREAT!

Everything is fine, well-packed, smooth-burning, long-satisfying! Smoke Chesterfields!

I can't believe all the wonderful goodies I got - as you may know, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, so Happy Birthday to me!

I was sent the following:

blue/red acan

Kenya Tree leather

purple rim montipora

pokerstar montipora

orange polyp monti. verrucosa "Orange Sherbet"

and a DUNCAN!

WOOHOO!

I sure wish I coulda sent as fine of stuff as I got - I sent the best I had, but man - this just shames me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Pics later, when they all still don't look like they would rather be back in their old house.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a nervous shipper :)

Hope you like it all!

AND A BIG HAPPY B-DAY!

Hopefully the umm..."overly-cautious" bagging wasn't too difficult to get into :)

So I got ahold of them. It will be shipped tomorrow and as soon as it is I can get my money back. It's a 40 hr. heat pack and I think I packaged it well so I'm not horribly worried on that end but if you had a bad ice storm it could get crazy cold tonight.

On a positive note...to go with my refund I now have a nice chunk of brown shorts and ace to go with it. I may have not been pleasant with the people I called. Lucky them though, my wife wouldn't let me go there she made me call.

Here's hopin it gets there healthy,

Bill

Archived