Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mercuryne's 28G Algae Farm

Mercuryne

GrandpaFeathers

nice tank merc!

Your mushroom that attached to the candy canes is awesome!

I'll send you some new pic of my mantis. His name is Leiutenant Banger-Sticks.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, well the first thing that springs to mind is that it's some kind of chain reaction to the new frags you added since everything is stable.

Have you done a WC since you added everything in?

I'd do a 20% WC and leave the lights off for a day and see how it is after that.

Vacuum the sand good when you do the WC.

Weets.. i would agree with you had in not been seeing it before i added the new frags.. started showing up on my ball of chaeto about two weeks ago. now in the sandbed in the back right hand corner.. i'll do a change this week and vacuum good.

so strange.. i expected to see something abnormal in the params but nothing. very stable.

where the pic of that frogspawn in your tank? wanna see it under the T5's baby..

nice tank merc!

Your mushroom that attached to the candy canes is awesome!

I'll send you some new pic of my mantis. His name is Leiutenant Banger-Sticks.

Hey bro...

thanks for popping in..

would love to see Banger sticks when you get a chance.. glad hes in your tank and not mine..

ha

I posted a pic of the frogspawn today, although it doesn't show it's pretty color well.

While the T5 lights look really good over the aquarium, they really mess with my camera and I'm having a hard time getting good pics. Just need some time to fiddle with camera settings.

LOVE the frogspawn though, thank you so much! :flower: Been coming up with ideas for a "Frogspawn Island" in the aquascape today.

As for figuring out the Red Slime, is there anything else at all that changed recently?

Are you using RO water from a home RO filter now? If so, is it possible that the membrane or some other component of the RO filter needs changing?

I just thought of that cause I'm at a point where I need to change a couple of cartridges myself now.

I posted a pic of the frogspawn today, although it doesn't show it's pretty color well.

While the T5 lights look really good over the aquarium, they really mess with my camera and I'm having a hard time getting good pics. Just need some time to fiddle with camera settings.

LOVE the frogspawn though, thank you so much! :flower: Been coming up with ideas for a "Frogspawn Island" in the aquascape today.

As for figuring out the Red Slime, is there anything else at all that changed recently?

Are you using RO water from a home RO filter now? If so, is it possible that the membrane or some other component of the RO filter needs changing?

I just thought of that cause I'm at a point where I need to change a couple of cartridges myself now.

Well.. thats a good thought.. i'm still purchasing from the health food store in my neighborhood, but that very well COULD be it.

i guess its finally time to spring for the mighty mite..

can you tell me more about yours..? Can it be hardwired into the pluming.. say in my garage?

how much did you pay? and how much does it produce each day?

really thinking that maybe they havent chaned their filters, and that could be the culprit...

i'll go check the thread for a pic of my spawn.. haa.. spawn of Merc...hahahah

The Mighty Mite is rated at 50 GPD.

Mine has a faucet adapter and I just hook it up to my kitchen sink and keep it in the side of the sink I don't use with a cutting board across the top so you don't even see it.

They do sell stuff so that you could most definitely hardwire it into your garage plumbing. You should call them and talk to them, they are very helpful.

I am actually calling them myself today to order cartridge replacements for my unit as well as a much-needed TDS meter.

Oh, don't forget to get a TDS meter yourself if you order from them. It will allow you to know when some of your cartridges need replacing or if your RO water is completely pure.

AirWaterIce.com, if I didn't already mention it.

STEVIE TEEEEEEEEEE

alright i dont want to completely muddy the salt water so to speak by posting about my new tank on the thread for my old tank but i dont have a thread for my new tank started yet..

Muddy yet?

Just a huge Shout to unofficial mayor Stevie T...

Just got a package in today with my media/fuge rack for my new 8G bio cube. and the water diverter that goes with it.

fits perfectly, of course.. and the construction is fantastic..

cant wait to start a thread on THAT ONE.. so i can show it to you all

Nice work Stevie.. REALLY nice work.

I GOT RED SKIRTS....I GOT RED SKIRTS..

after a long waiting period (she was moving tanks.. then it was too cold and i was scared for her to ship)

I finally have my frag of lalani's red skirted zoa's.. Not sure if there is a another name for these Lani?

also got some Green bay packer zoa's and a small frag of GSP that she made me take. ha...

all acclimated and resting in the bottom of the tank.. hoping they will have opened up and i can snap a photo of them tonight when i get home.

Thanks lalani. the packaging was great and the heat pack was still working strongly 3 days after they left your place.

Box was a great temp....

Kudos!

:happydance:

Don't forget the pink-center zoas on the same rock as the red-skirts (maybe I should let you guys come up with a name for them, lol). ;)

oh that should be fun.. would be glad to jump in on that..

still nobody open.. hoping that they are just a little stressed from the trip...

crossing my fingers.

oh.. the gsp is open.. of course. just not the zoa's yet.. soon as they open i'll begin the name game.

Don't stress, Merc, they're fine. ;)

ah yes..the confidence of a woman.. who KNOWS HER ZOA's....

ok.. shutting off stress mode....ill keep you informed.

10 Gallon WC today to see if i cant knock out the cyano that has popped up.

totally vacuumed the back chambers. had been a while.. lots of crud back there.

also vacuumed the sand in the main display lightly..

snapped a few shots after the change..

DSC02146.jpg

WEETYS--- "ASHLEY'S ANGELFOOD PALYS..wiat.. weety.. is it angelfood? or angel hair? i always get confused.

NOTICE HOW MUCH THEY HAVE INTENSIFIED IN COLOR WEETS?

Photo blows.i know.. have to buy a real camera.. but you get the idea. COLOR..

DSC02145.jpg

the new blue acro, Devils hand leather (with a baby underneath..that'll go to Gussie. when he's ready.

and in the background the plating monti

DSC02148.jpg

and finally a freebie from Lalani

GSP.. just what we all wanted...HOORAY!

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

Beautimous!

I'm agonna steal this pic for my thread (unless u rly object) cause it's better than any pic I've been able to take at showing the colors on this Frogspawn.

WEETYS--- "ASHLEY'S ANGELFOOD PALYS..wiat.. weety.. is it angelfood? or angel hair? i always get confused.

NOTICE HOW MUCH THEY HAVE INTENSIFIED IN COLOR WEETS?

Photo blows.i know.. have to buy a real camera.. but you get the idea. COLOR..

DSC02145.jpg

They're looking great, I love when "my babies" go to a good home.

And they're Ashley's Angelfood.

The Blue Acro is looking really good in your tank, me likey!

Beautimous!

I'm agonna steal this pic for my thread (unless u rly object) cause it's better than any pic I've been able to take at showing the colors on this Frogspawn.

do you think id really ever have objection.. steal away.....

my camera sucks..gotta buy a digital slr..

you see the palys? how much they have changed?

they were sooo light in color before. i guess they are enjoying the phoenix bulb....

Looks like some crap she would send, Looks just like her new avatar :lol:

You know you have truly become a part of the NR community when ppl start trash-talking on your thread! :lol:

You know you have truly become a part of the NR community when ppl start trash-talking on your thread! :lol:

We like you Merc, welcome to our fun club.

ha.. please trash talk...been waiting for it..

standing outside the club door wondering if anyone would ever poke fun at my reef...

i mean other than the whole "filled it with tap water" mistake a year ago.. ive gotten off pretty easy.

I used tap water on my first tank, that was until the entire thing turned green and I found N-R.com Wow did I have no idea what I was doing.

I used tap water on my first tank, that was until the entire thing turned green and I found N-R.com Wow did I have no idea what I was doing.

No doubt.. when you dont know you just dont know.

and luckily.. there were enough veterans that were actually NICE to me rather than some people ive seen on NR.com that just RIP people to shreds.. the help i got was good kept me from giving up early on...

cool..

tap water.. baaaad.

Archived