ReefCleaners.org

dshnarw BIOTOPE

dshnarw

Seriously? That sucks...Bad dog.

Now, how am I supposed to get pictures??

The card reader wont work??

Going to Walmart tomorrow to get a new one.

And no...I haven't found the install software after the crash.

Need to spend less time with the fish and more cleaning :(

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked to see if I could get that book for you at a discount but my supplier doesn't carry it.

Better get busy on those pictures & keep your girl happy! She's a keeper. :P Pretty & very sweet!

Just checked to see if I could get that book for you at a discount but my supplier doesn't carry it.

Better get busy on those pictures & keep your girl happy! She's a keeper. :P Pretty & very sweet!

Thanks for trying for me :) I did a quick search earlier on the usual sites and couldn't find it. Might have to email Singapore or get Duncan or Toomin to find it for me??

Soon as Wally World opens tomorrow, I'm there! Tryin to keep her happy ;) Glad she got to meet all of you at the frag swap. I think she really enjoyed herself - hopefully she didn't give you that nasty illness she's got icon8.gif

Re the book. Does S$ = Singapore dollars? :D

Nice links. Guess you'd better be getting some sea hares. And some of those uber cool pipe fish. Maybe stick some mangroves in. Get some terns to fly over...

--Diane

awwwww :blush: thanks BibleSue, you know you are pretty sweet too. :) and hes a keeper too :)

Soon as Wally World opens tomorrow, I'm there! Tryin to keep her happy ;) Glad she got to meet all of you at the frag swap. I think she really enjoyed herself - hopefully she didn't give you that nasty illness she's got icon8.gif

:D YAY

I did enjoy the swap it was nice meeting people.

And I was not that sick, just a little cold with a cough that makes me sound like I came back from the dead. no biggie. :P

Re the book. Does S$ = Singapore dollars? :D

Nice links. Guess you'd better be getting some sea hares. And some of those uber cool pipe fish. Maybe stick some mangroves in. Get some terns to fly over...

--Diane

Yep...thats Singapore dollars (only know 'cause I looked it up). I think it's about $35 "real" dollars ;)

I'm thinking I'll just buy an island...might be easier...might be cheaper too, the way this tank is going ;)

The pipefish might be a possibility. I need to read up on them more and see what requirements they have. Or maybe a small school of cardinalfish, if I can find the right species...oh heck...I have no idea :)

And I was not that sick, just a little cold with a cough that makes me sound like I came back from the dead. no biggie. :P

thats what you say...the only part I could hear was the "coming back from the dead" part.

okay, okay...photos:

Snails...

purty shell:

HPIM3539.jpg

this one actually cleans the glass a bit!!:

HPIM3543.jpg

HPIM3545.jpg

Clam...

I wanted a squamosa...no one has one (or, at least none of an appropriate size). So I got this 3" crocea from Mr. Coral. Simple pattern, no epileptic seizures for me :)

side:

HPIM3548.jpg

top with lights on:

HPIM3550.jpg

just sunlight (tank gets about 2 hours of sunlight a day):

HPIM3551.jpg

New monti...

This is the blue-polyped monti from Mr. Coral that dtfleming and I both got. The base is incredibly white, amazing that the polyps have kept such nice color. I think dtf is hoping it gets a yellow base, I'm almost hoping it keeps the white to have some white in the tank (that isn't a dead coral):

HPIM3557.jpg

Try calling BRK, they get squammies in sometimes. Or Roozen's, but I don't know how their clam selection is. They're definitely the best place to find pipefish though, just make sure you call before you go.

I need to have a piece of that monti, lol.

Try calling BRK, they get squammies in sometimes. Or Roozen's, but I don't know how their clam selection is. They're definitely the best place to find pipefish though, just make sure you call before you go.

I need to have a piece of that monti, lol.

I'm heading out to BRK tomorrow - lancer99 on WAMAS is giving me some seagrass :happydance: , and I thought I'd head over before rush hour and poke around. :happy:

Roozens has only had maximas for the last 3 months or so, and only 6" ones or the tiny ones that have to be fed all the time <_< (I'm only 15 minutes from them on a good day, so I pop in every once in a while to look for anemones.) Never looked through the fish, though - I'll have to figure out what I want and check there. They'd be cheaper there! :)

I'm heading out to BRK tomorrow - lancer99 on WAMAS is giving me some seagrass :happydance: , and I thought I'd head over before rush hour and poke around. :happy:

Roozens has only had maximas for the last 3 months or so, and only 6" ones or the tiny ones that have to be fed all the time <_< (I'm only 15 minutes from them on a good day, so I pop in every once in a while to look for anemones.) Never looked through the fish, though - I'll have to figure out what I want and check there. They'd be cheaper there! :)

15 minutes north I presume? I've been meaning to go up there (I'm 2.5 hours south of it) but by the time I get there they never have any of the good fish left. Any chance you have a quarantine tank? :D

15 minutes north I presume? I've been meaning to go up there (I'm 2.5 hours south of it) but by the time I get there they never have any of the good fish left. Any chance you have a quarantine tank? :D

yeah. Just north of the football stadium off the Baltimore-Washington.

2.5 hrs...ouch...that's a heck of a drive to a fish store. I hear they'll have a ton of stuff tomorrow, but I assume you'd have to come up on the weekend.

:lol: Do I need to save ya something, Vic? I have a couple extra tanks sitting around that could be set up.

yeah. Just north of the football stadium off the Baltimore-Washington.

2.5 hrs...ouch...that's a heck of a drive to a fish store. I hear they'll have a ton of stuff tomorrow, but I assume you'd have to come up on the weekend.

:lol: Do I need to save ya something, Vic? I have a couple extra tanks sitting around that could be set up.

You read my mind! Actually I can't introduce any fish for a while, I just bought a Hawaiian Boxfish and he's acclimating, but maybe eventually if you don't mind doing something like that. I'd be happy to give up a frag or 2 of anything I have for the favor. I'm looking to get a tang (for the wife) and a dragonface pipefish (or maybe 2 :D) for myself eventually.

You read my mind! Actually I can't introduce any fish for a while, I just bought a Hawaiian Boxfish and he's acclimating, but maybe eventually if you don't mind doing something like that. I'd be happy to give up a frag or 2 of anything I have for the favor. I'm looking to get a tang (for the wife) and a dragonface pipefish (or maybe 2 :D) for myself eventually.

oh boy....boxfish mentioned...AMBER DONT READ!! MY TANKS NOT BIG ENOUGH!!! :P

anytime - just let me know :)

oh boy....boxfish mentioned...AMBER DONT READ!! MY TANKS NOT BIG ENOUGH!!! :P

anytime - just let me know :)

Thank you for the pictures sweety :)

and they only get to 6inches so we don't need a really really big tank. :)

This is one of my favorite tanks ever! Great job and all the research details and pics are amazing. You have done an amazing job. I see a reef profile in the future :)

This is one of my favorite tanks ever! Great job and all the research details and pics are amazing. You have done an amazing job. I see a reef profile in the future :)

Thanks! :lol: Reef profile might be a bit of a stretch...and would certainly be embarrassing :blush:

http://www.naturesniche.com/en/naturesbook...ore_titles/0/3/

Hi, dshnarw. They provide online order service too.

DUNCAN IS MY HERO!!!!!!! :wub: (sorry Adin...you've been replaced) :lol:

Thanks! :lol: Reef profile might be a bit of a stretch...and would certainly be embarrassing :blush:

DUNCAN IS MY HERO!!!!!!! :wub: (sorry Adin...you've been replaced) :lol:

So which one do you want for Valentines Day?

dshnarw has a thing for asian dudes! Aw... *shmuack* :wub: sorry, I'm taken... lol

I actually glad that someone took interest in our limited reef we have in Singapore. Good work!

dispatching ninjas..

:o we're all in trouble now!

dshnarw has a thing for asian dudes! Aw... *shmuack* :wub: sorry, I'm taken... lol

I actually glad that someone took interest in our limited reef we have in Singapore. Good work!

:lol:

I'm just glad you have some good reef-supporters over there. Without all those blogs and getting Dr. Fautin over there, I'd never tried the Singapore/mini carpet biotope. Now go take some pics of them in the wild for me!!! :P

:blink: wow...I've been on here for a year...

GETTING SEAGRASS TODAY!!!!! Will get pics after it goes into the tank tonight. From what I've read, it'll probably die off for a couple months, then come back like a weed. So maybe 2 months from now I'll have the lagoon look...

Archived