Coral Vue Hydros

Secret Santa Feedback and Shipping

Weetabix7

Look what the secret santas have made me do! Basically rescape my entire tank. I still don't think it's finished but at least this way everyone has a home and the right light and flow reqs. We'll see. I already moved 2 things since taking these pics about 20 min. ago, LOL.

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

I so need to adjust my white balance.

Bill

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom left of the bottom picture. It's kinda blurry. It's sitting in a hollow clam shell. It holds the square tile nicely. And yes, the ric is in the small tank. It's in a horrible place to catch a pic because the trim blocks me from it. Good light and flow in that spot though. That's usually the case, LOL.

Check my tank thread and you'll see it better.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=120646&hl=

Bill

BustytheSnowMaam

so are we doing a secret Valentine exchange? :wub:

I got so geared up and excited about this one that I can't stand the let-down now that it's over. I need something to get excited about again :P

I got so geared up and excited about this one that I can't stand the let-down now that it's over. I need something to get excited about again :P

well it is almost christmas :D

reeferman-chris
so are we doing a secret Valentine exchange? :wub:

I like that idea! A Be My Coral Valentine Exchange!! Plus its two months away so perfect timing for a bi-monthly ongoing thing

shivametimbas
Shivametimbas:

WoW he is pissed off! must have been a bumpy ride! How was the packaging?

This is how he should look like once he feels better

10k lights

DSC00558.jpg

Actinics

DSC00525.jpg

packaging was ok.the bag had leaked a bit and the water was cold even though the heatpack was right on top of the bag.no insulation to keep it warm i guess. it isnt looking any better :( still some green left on it though. hoping for the best.

Dang :( and that was a good heat pack, I didnt have any ruberbands so I triple bagged it. I did wrap it in bubble wrap and popcorn. I hope he pulls through have you tried feeding him?

I just wanted to send out a big "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in this.

Considering the size of the group, I don't think we did too badly.

I like the idea of doing a Valentine's frag swap next.

Arwndsh, I may take you up on your suggestion to run it next time, I'll have to get with you on that.

Just a thought, for those who have had difficulties with what they received this time, perhaps there's a fair way for whoever coordinates it next time to ensure that you come out ahead in the next round. I'm still thinking of ideas on how to do that, and am open to suggestions.

Perhaps in the next swap we could tell the coordinator what we plan on contributing and also the kinds of things we would enjoy getting. Maybe there is a way to match people up loosely according to that that would still be fair and have an element of surprise.

Just thinking, if anyone has ideas, toss 'em on out there.

I also plan on modifying my shipping tutorial for the next round.

Hey shivametimbas is the center with the two mouths still there or at least one of the mouths? If so I would try to isolate it somewhere in the tank where nothing and I mean nothing can bother it and then put some food right on top of the mouth/s.

I should try this frag swap again cuz I still have stuff that needs to be trimmed down to make room for my next clam. Instead of trying to bother with selling it I will just trade it or give it away. I just got a new sexy shroom that I can't wait for it to split so I can give the new one away, I have never seen one like it at least.

As for the next frag swap, Valentine's day is a good day because it's pretty much exactly 2 months away. So why not a Valentine's day coral? Coral is much cooler than a card and candy.

Don't you think bimonthly is a little excessive? I was thinking quarterly, that way if there needs to be a rescaping of your live rock you could at least enjoy it for a little while. Maybe something like December, February, June, and October (preferably the October 2nd). I don't know though I'm just throwing out ideas.

So did anyone hear how the So. Cal. "White Elephant" coral swap turned out? :huh:

Just curious. :)

Well here's a good test.

Ask reeferman-chris if he's glad he participated in ours instead of theirs. :D

I'm so bad.

Well here's a good test.

I'm so bad.

:o

That bad huh?

Oh boy.....

:angry:

OK, OK, so whats the scoop??

Other than this thread and a few others I haven't really been surfin' NR this past week.

Wassup? the Socal swap didn't go down?? :o

BustytheSnowMaam

I don't think bi-monthly is a bad idea, because you don't have to participate every time. Or it could be tied in with a holiday- Valentine's, Easter, etc.

Also Weetie- maybe in your next shipping tutorial/post you could emphasize how to use heat packs. I never realized how you're correctly supposed to "activate" them until this swap.

I just wanted to send out a big "Thank You!" to everyone who participated in this.

Considering the size of the group, I don't think we did too badly.

I like the idea of doing a Valentine's frag swap next.

Arwndsh, I may take you up on your suggestion to run it next time, I'll have to get with you on that.

Just a thought, for those who have had difficulties with what they received this time, perhaps there's a fair way for whoever coordinates it next time to ensure that you come out ahead in the next round. I'm still thinking of ideas on how to do that, and am open to suggestions.

Perhaps in the next swap we could tell the coordinator what we plan on contributing and also the kinds of things we would enjoy getting. Maybe there is a way to match people up loosely according to that that would still be fair and have an element of surprise.

Just thinking, if anyone has ideas, toss 'em on out there.

I also plan on modifying my shipping tutorial for the next round.

Sounds great Weetie just pm me sometime and we will figure it out. Although I did just upgrade my tank from a 3 to a 5g, so I could potentially participate next time if I have corals, but I would still be willing to organize it for you.

Matching up what is given and what is wanted sounds like what they do on those dating websites :).

I don't think bi-monthly is a bad idea, because you don't have to participate every time. Or it could be tied in with a holiday- Valentine's, Easter, etc.

Also Weetie- maybe in your next shipping tutorial/post you could emphasize how to use heat packs. I never realized how you're correctly supposed to "activate" them until this swap.

Yes, I would like to hear more on how folks use the heat packs. The directions state " preheating before usage is not necessary. The warmer will heat up after 30 to 45 minutes...." yet we seem to have had some heat pack issues.

Also agree bi-monthly sounds good. Just join in when you have some extra stuff. If not follow the thread and go for the ride anyway! :lol:

reeferman-chris
Well here's a good test.

I'm so bad.

LOL! We'll see... I'm waiting on Santa to send me mine still. Seems like the weather in the North Pole isn't ideal to ship corals this time of year. I have been speaking with Jolly Ol' St.Nick and he assures me the weather will be fine to ship later this week.

I cant remember if I told him that I can only recieve Thursday and Friday the 20th & 21st this week. so HEADS UP SANTA!!!

I have had a great time participating so far and was super excited to see my frags doing well in someones tank. I can't wait til the next one!

Chris

Archived