Coral Vue Hydros

Secret Santa Feedback and Shipping

Weetabix7

BustytheSnowMaam
WHEW!!!! I sure have been praying! I just told Weetie I hoped you were getting everything settled in your tank & now out drowning your sorrows shopping. Did the frog spawn do OK with the chaeto padding? Was it still warm? I wore that heat pack for awhile to let it get good & warmed up before I put it in the box. Those guys need oxygen to warm up & I worry about them.

The frogspawn and everything is fine (was in a hurry to get supper when I wrote the first PM so I could not acknowledge everything you sent, I'm so sorry, it has all been wonderful). It's opening up but I'm sure it will be more open in the morning. The hermits keep pulling everything down and inspecting it, so when the novelty wears off and they leave things alone, I'm sure they'll open up and be happier.

I love the idea of vacuum-sealing the bags.

The heat pack was still warm. I never realized that you have to open the outer wrap and let the heat pack sit and absorb heat from the air (or your body) to work, until I actually took time to read the directions today :) Putting them up against you is a great idea.

Will post pics in the morning.

Thanks again for everything!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PS Weetie- I vote for bi-monthly. Otherwise the novelty wears off.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The frogspawn and everything is fine (was in a hurry to get supper when I wrote the first PM so I could not acknowledge everything you sent, I'm so sorry, it has all been wonderful). It's opening up but I'm sure it will be more open in the morning. The hermits keep pulling everything down and inspecting it, so when the novelty wears off and they leave things alone, I'm sure they'll open up and be happier.

I love the idea of vacuum-sealing the bags.

The heat pack was still warm. I never realized that you have to open the outer wrap and let the heat pack sit and absorb heat from the air (or your body) to work, until I actually took time to read the directions today :) Putting them up against you is a great idea.

Will post pics in the morning.

Thanks again for everything!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PS Weetie- I vote for bi-monthly. Otherwise the novelty wears off.

So glad it worked out. I am soooo sorry about causing you all that running around by forgetting to waive the signature. I know better! That's what happens when you rush but I didn't want to wait another day in case something happened in route.

I think bi-monthly is a good idea. Im in. :)

Maybe we should all rotate and take care of matching people up. I dont think its fair that L does it everytime.

HOLY SH1T!!!!!

Someone just hooked me up!!

It looks like some craaazy toadstool---stupendous zoanthids---and a sweet monti cap!!

HOLY CRAP!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

No pics yets cuz I have to head to a meeting!

Mvite, sorry i didnt have any lps frags for ya , did everything make it ok? hope you like the LE frag mounds :)

Dude--It was RIGHT ON! No worries about the LPS cuz you hit me right between the eyes with what I like---and the leather is cool as hell!!!

Once the lights come on I can see the zoas---but they are all fat and plump---just like I like my zoas.

I was just admiring the "mounds"---they are perfect for proppin zoas---and even better for fragging them once they are grown---great idea that I will be stealing!!!

Thanks again---you really hooked me up!

I will post pics after my meeting!!

So would you guys wanna do this monthly or bi-monthly?

I won't have enough frags to participate every time, but I don't mind coordinating it regardless.

It's been a lot of work, but it's been fun too.

Hey Weetie,

Since you actually get to participate in this and I can't, I would be more than willing to help coordinate things. That way it will be more of a surprise for you. I have a really light semester in the spring, so at least then I will have time. Now after we get married and I start working I make no promise to have time, but next semester should be just fine.

shivametimbas

M, the ones on the frag mounds are :

one is a blue zoanthid, the others are some weird palys with one or two watermellon zoas(i would frag that off before the palys take it over). the one on the rock is a bland paly thats yet to color up it has a pink tint. i think it might have potential. i have one polyp of it also so we'll see what becomes of em. feel free to steal the frag mound idea. they are just epoxy putty with some sand mixed in. they should look sweet once they are covered with zoas.

SURPRISE!

Your item was processed and left our COOKEVILLE, TN 38501 facility on December 14, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Santa may make it today after all!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Ahhh some one forgot to waive the sig!!!! Now I've gotta make a trip straight to brownsville!

I'm sorry for you. I see I'm not the only Do-Do Head in this bunch!

BustytheSnowMaam
I'm sorry for you. I see I'm not the only Do-Do Head in this bunch!

You're not a dodo head. I would've done the same thing. It added some comedy to my day. I panicked when I first got home and saw the notice though, because I thought 1) the corals were toast and 2) the mailperson had forgotten to mark the notice correctly re redelivery, so I wasn't sure how to get them.

Here are a couple of pics:

Bam-Bams- I never realized that zoas really DO come in pinky-purple, I thought is was misleading photography! :

IMG_6565.jpg

The beautiful sun coral, which did extend more last night but was being bothered by hermits this morning:

IMG_6569.jpg

I took pics of the frogspawn and other zoas but they came out blurry so maybe I'll try again later.

Thanks again Sue!

You're not a dodo head. I would've done the same thing. It added some comedy to my day. I panicked when I first got home and saw the notice though, because I thought 1) the corals were toast and 2) the mailperson had forgotten to mark the notice correctly re redelivery, so I wasn't sure how to get them.

Here are a couple of pics:

Bam-Bams- I never realized that zoas really DO come in pinky-purple, I thought is was misleading photography! :

IMG_6565.jpg

The beautiful sun coral, which did extend more last night but was being bothered by hermits this morning:

IMG_6569.jpg

I took pics of the frogspawn and other zoas but they came out blurry so maybe I'll try again later.

Thanks again Sue!

You are so welcome. The sun corals may make a few days to settle in. Those pinks are not the bam bams. The bam bams are on that thin little chip of plate coral that broke. There are 2 polyps on it. They are bright orange.

I am glad you found it at the PO & everything made it ok.

YOWZA!!!

Tashayar likes to describe her reefing style as "benign neglect" and all I have to say about that is that if this is what "benign neglect" produces, maybe I need to start practicing it!

She sent an absolutely gorgeous large shell covered with these really intense blue mushrooms. The tank lights haven't come on yet, but when I was putting them in, they almost looked turquoise. This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I've been wanting for my 16g softie tank and it will make a very nice centerpiece once I get everything rearranged to my liking.

I also got a nice mini-colony of Green Bay Packer zoas (very healthy looking) which I didn't have, and a very uniquely shaped rock with some Fire & Ice on it.

There was also a small frag labeled as Watermelon zoas, but it hasn't opened yet. Looks healthy enough though.

When my tank lights come on, I'll add pics to this post.

Thanks Tasha, I love it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

BustytheSnowMaam

Did the snails make it? The mushies will be purple when the lights come on and they extend. And they reproduce like bunnies! Hope you have room for all that. :)

Did the snails make it? The mushies will be purple when the lights come on and they extend. And they reproduce like bunnies! Hope you have room for all that. :)

Snails made it fine, started be-bopping around as soon as I put them in the tank. I split them up between my 16 softie and my 10g soon-to-be zoa/monti garden.

As for whether I have room for the reproductive prowess of your mushies, if I don't I'll just have to trade some more, now won't I?!! It's fodder for future frag swaps! :D

That's great that it got there so quickly! I thought me and the PO guy were gonna have to go for it for a minute there, LOL. I think your gift will do well with the travel though. When it does get to your house make sure to PM me so I can let you in on why I sent that particular piece.

Bill

Ahhh some one forgot to waive the sig!!!! Now I've gotta make a trip straight to brownsville!

no i didnt. ups sucks and i told them #######s twice to waive the sig. sorry -_-

Two packages waiting for me today. One from Varanus37 with a Purple udata. looks great and is in my tank. Second package not Secret Santa, buy skimmer for my frag tank.

That's great that it got there so quickly! I thought me and the PO guy were gonna have to go for it for a minute there, LOL. I think your gift will do well with the travel though. When it does get to your house make sure to PM me so I can let you in on why I sent that particular piece.

Bill

Well, the mail is here & my goodies aren't. :( They must have been on their way to the local PO for delivery tomorrow. More anticipation! :happydance: I'll let you know when it gets here.

This is what I got:

zoo31.JPG

zoo22.JPG

zoo13.JPG

sorry about the quality of the picture but I don't have a camera that can zoom in so far that you can see their DNA.

Archived