Innovative Marine Aquariums

Secret Santa Feedback and Shipping

Weetabix7

Got my box today, I love everything!!! AND WOO-HOO I GOT Weetie's fuzzy frag bag surprise. Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone. I cant get pics. (Hope Santa brings me one).

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, as promised - pics of my present from my santa, shawnkenn - that's right, it's a

PONY!

6jbqizd.jpg

Ha - I should BE so lucky! But seriously, folks - here's my new purple monti cap:

6l2zgxu.jpg

and my new pocillipora:

8ghmety.jpg

Beautiful! Exactly what I was hoping for - thank you, Shawn!

So, has it been decided if the s/n of the santa will be posted and paired up with their recipient? I know Weetie posted about it earlier but I didn't know if it had been decided on.

Bill

Well I'm thinkin the ragin reds will be fine. Purple deaths have a 50/50 shot. The micro had no flesh left this morning. I had purple deaths before and they mysteriously died so it might be my tank. If that shipping method has worked for you in the past then I'm thinking this is just a fluke. If not then the only thing I can think of is the thermos. It was air tight so no oxygen was getting to the heat pack. Right now I still have the heat pack and its toasty right now, but when I opened the thermos it was cold.But the fact that you shipped me micros makes me feel warm inside. UPS shipping + nice thermos + purple deaths + MICROS = spendy present and I would be happy to receive frags from you again.Thanks again

Yea I was talking through it with Mvite the problems i have been having is because I seal the packages up air tight and after the air in the container is used up they snuff out!

I am going to have to switch to cutting foam board up and abandon my thermos and styrofoam containers until spring. The purple death are pretty tough so i bet they pull through. ANd you are now 1 or like 4 people that have my ragin reds :) Not sure what you lighting is but they look pretty cool under high light thats for sure. Man that poor micro was tough as nails its to bad its finaly been beat :( that was a 4 head frag of grey and white micros.

Price bah.. who can put a price on giving a llittle bit of joy to a stranger! If i had any more room in the thermos you would have had even more. Kept looking at my nuke greens and other micros thinking hmmmm I might be able to squeez them in lol..

Mini carpet looks good - I tell ya they're bulletproof. Hopefully he didn't give you too much of a shock when you first grabbed him :)The purple/green are yumas, which explains why they're ticked off pretty well. All in all, they don't look horrible though. Good water quality and low flow and they should bounce back.This is a pic of one of the yumas - I've been calling them firefly or painted yumas (looks like they were painted with firefly guts ;)):greenyuma2.jpgThats the first time I've let go of that particular yuma, so I hope they do well for you!
My water is tip top and they are under T5's on the lower flow side. they are simply magnificent pieces.the carpet tried to put a whooping on my finger thats for sure it was stuck rite to it a couple of times while i was trying to encourage it to stay on the rock with the other. I must say i am additced now I want some of those other carpets I have seen around they are way cool thanks a million
ENraged, I think you're right, I think the heat pack didn't work cause oxygen couldn't get to it.

They are air activated.

Yea i was thinking that once they are warmed up and ready to go I can seal them in no problem well now i know that they will chew up the air in a sealed environment in a heartbeat!! If I leave the sippy straw part open maybe that could be enough new air in the thermos to provide it a source.

Going to have to check that out... with something way cheaper i might add lol.

So here are some pics of the things santa brought me. And this isn't even all of them. Pardon the bad photo skillz and the actinic only light. It's 8 PM here, hence the actinics. Oh, and I suck at photography, hence the blurriness. -_-

DSC_0531.jpg

CSC_0541.jpg

Feeders out already!

CSC_0542.jpg

2 shots of the guys in the PC tank

CSC_0540.jpg

CSC_0538.jpg

The clown ran through and they didn't like it.

DSC_0537.jpg

Epoxied this to a brain coral skeleton. Should be awesome when it grows out. And check out the pattern!

DSC_0533.jpg

CSC_0534.jpg

My water is tip top and they are under T5's on the lower flow side. they are simply magnificent pieces.the carpet tried to put a whooping on my finger thats for sure it was stuck rite to it a couple of times while i was trying to encourage it to stay on the rock with the other. I must say i am additced now I want some of those other carpets I have seen around they are way cool thanks a million

Should be perfect for them.

:lol: I've come to the conclusion that the second a mini sticks to your finger that first time, you either fall in love or you completely hate them - glad you're not a hater :) Feed it well, and trade them out for other minis - welcome to the club!

OH! almost forgot - the thermos. If the ones you use have the pull top to drink from, you can open that up just a bit to get air flow, and place the heatpack directly over the opening, so the air that flows in gets heated by the heat pack. You might test it out with a digi thermometer and an empty thermos out in all that cold weather you have, but I think it'd work. EDIT: you just said the same thing...BAH! :P

Wow, how did I completely miss that? :huh:

Thanks for the link.

Bill

your welcome...it got buried fairly quick with the pics being posted. :)

Should be perfect for them.

:lol: I've come to the conclusion that the second a mini sticks to your finger that first time, you either fall in love or you completely hate them - glad you're not a hater :) Feed it well, and trade them out for other minis - welcome to the club!

OH! almost forgot - the thermos. If the ones you use have the pull top to drink from, you can open that up just a bit to get air flow, and place the heatpack directly over the opening, so the air that flows in gets heated by the heat pack. You might test it out with a digi thermometer and an empty thermos out in all that cold weather you have, but I think it'd work. EDIT: you just said the same thing...BAH! :P

your welcome...it got buried fairly quick with the pics being posted. :)

yea we should test that out.. send me another mini and I will let you know if it is still warm when it gets here :)

yea we should test that out.. send me another mini and I will let you know if it is still warm when it gets here :)

hehe....nice try!

methinks I've created another mini carpet monster! :mellow:

ok cool, I'm tired I didnt think of that, I AM SUPER EXCITED 6.10 POUNDS OMG WHAT CAN IT BE!!!!

He used a lot of packing material!

I am so relieved to see that at least those two corals arrived well. Get ready though because those feeders will be out almost 24/7. I fed every mouth everyday which is why there are a crap load of mouths on those two heads. The Aussie Duncan was fed for the most part every day.

Everything else is doing just as well. No prob on the feeding. I've got a steady supply of mysis, krill, and squid bits for the micros and other stuff. I've even got silversides for the meat coral that I can smash up for the smaller guys.

Bill

BustytheSnowMaam

THANKS BIBLE SUE!!! yes, I got to the counter at the post office and she found it for me! I just put everything in and I'll post pics in the morning after it's had time to settle in. The hermits are checking everything out too and so the zoas keep closing up. The pink bam-bams are really beautiful, and I'm excited about the sun coral (never had/seen one before). I'll post more in the morning, thanks again- your shipping/ bagging is wonderful.

What a great day....get all these great corals, ship out some corals and make people happy :)

Oh....and then my monster mini carpet split into FOUR! :P

Glad to hear you found your package Tash! I've been there a few times myself (had to drive all the way to Baltimore to get one from UPS once).

THANKS BIBLE SUE!!! yes, I got to the counter at the post office and she found it for me! I just put everything in and I'll post pics in the morning after it's had time to settle in. The hermits are checking everything out too and so the zoas keep closing up. The pink bam-bams are really beautiful, and I'm excited about the sun coral (never had/seen one before). I'll post more in the morning, thanks again- your shipping/ bagging is wonderful.

WHEW!!!! I sure have been praying! I just told Weetie I hoped you were getting everything settled in your tank & now out drowning your sorrows shopping. Did the frog spawn do OK with the chaeto padding? Was it still warm? I wore that heat pack for awhile to let it get good & warmed up before I put it in the box. Those guys need oxygen to warm up & I worry about them.

Atlantis Reef

although needreefunds and I had bad luck with heat pack 3 of my 4 frags are starting to so signs of opening. I think the acan he sent me is toast but was still alot of fun and I would be proud to do over and over with my nano reef family. I will try and post pics tomorrow. This was for fun so noone has any room to complain hehe!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tom

Fragmadness

So would you guys wanna do this monthly or bi-monthly?

I won't have enough frags to participate every time, but I don't mind coordinating it regardless.

It's been a lot of work, but it's been fun too.

Archived