Cultivated Reef

Secret Santa Feedback and Shipping

Weetabix7

I will be posting all of the tracking #'s and shipment dates for the Secret Santa packages here. Simply look for your name and your tracking# will be next to it.

I would also like for everyone to post feedback here for their experiences with this. Photo's would be great, if you are able to take and post them.

If this goes well enough and enough people are interested, perhaps it's something that we could continue to do on a more regular basis.

For the moment, if anyone has questions please continue to post them on the original Secret Santa thread until the packages are actually shipped out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks, here we go, the first of the shipments have gone out!

Look for your name, the tracking # for your package will be next to it.

All USPS Express shipments can be tracked at www.usps.com.

TUESDAY 12/11 SHIPMENTS

-medachef: ED 068422245 US

-beansandmia: UPS Next Day Air 1z31x40w1392392985

-der1311: via UPS, 1ZV804141354838548

-nano-paul: via UPS, 1Z40W02Y0181767993

WEDNESDAY 12/12 SHIPMENTS

-Needreefunds: EO 941 590 598 US

-shawnkenn: EB 432792721 US

-fish02: EB 935232804 US

-Mudfish: 1Z5YE0620190880780, via UPS

-varanus37: EQ 279347792 US

-Six: EB 694319707 US

-ENraged: EB 732635874 US

-dshnarw: EB552168861US

-fragmadness: 1ZR13A281310893267, via UPS

-varanus37: 859757559567, via FedEx

-tashayar: EB702071644US

omgomgomg Someone will be receiving the Fuzzy Red Frag Cozy Special tomorrow, who will it be??? omgomgomg

DSCN1983.jpg

THURSDAY 12/13 SHIPMENTS

-reefone: EB 824966850 US

-BibleSue: EB 828128689 US

-dtfleming: EB 828128675 US

-Louie3: 1z8r8w41nw44708799, via UPS

-shivametimbas: 1ZXW17170139000013, via UPS

-mvite: 1z64aa060190029817, via UPS

PLEASE WAIVE THE SIGNATURE ON THE PACKAGES YOU SEND OUT!!!

I got my stuff from dtfleming this morning. One acro, one monti, and a zoa frag. Good looking stuff, and shipping was WONDERFUL. Even sent me a Christmas card :) HO! HO! HO!

I will try to take pics later, my camera isnt here.

Guys,

I have an idea.

Since this is Christmas time, lets not forget about the person that organized this whole thing, Weetabix7.

As a thank you, I think we should do something nice for her. If your interested, shoot me a PM........ ;)

Got my coral just a few minutes ago. Opened it up and got the frag bags out and sadly, they were cold. really cold. I received two zoa frags and some sort of lps. I will try my best to keep them alive but I'm not holding my breath.

some pics

thermos

DSCN1169.jpg

heat pack

DSCN1171.jpg

frag bag

DSCN1170.jpg

LPS frag in the middle

DSCN1173.jpg

zoa frags

DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

Well, I'm off to ship my coral.

Got my coral just a few minutes ago. Opened it up and got the frag bags out and sadly, they were cold. really cold. I received two zoa frags and some sort of lps. I will try my best to keep them alive but I'm not holding my breath.

some pics

thermos

DSCN1169.jpg

heat pack

DSCN1171.jpg

frag bag

DSCN1170.jpg

LPS frag in the middle

DSCN1173.jpg

zoa frags

DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

Well, I'm off to ship my coral.

You might want to consider doing a dip with Seachem Reef Dip on your pieces if they start to look "off".

See here for ideas if you have problems with the zoas:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=136028&hl=

I know that you were sent quality stuff and I'd hate to see you lose it.

It sounds like it's possible that your heat pack malfunctioned.

-Six: EB 694319707 US

Um... I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I can't enter this number at usps.com and get any response (it's saying it isn't trackable). Do I just need to wait until it gets scanned or something?

:mellow:

Um... I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I can't enter this number at usps.com and get any response (it's saying it isn't trackable). Do I just need to wait until it gets scanned or something?

:mellow:

that or it was shipped ups/fedx :D

nope, thats an USPS # (starts with E, ends with US - always USPS).

They're a bit slow on updating when they first get the package. Give it a couple more hours

got mine today. Sadly the pulsing xenia didn't make it =(. Water was all brown and funky. But the two other frags look okay. The branching hammer plumped up nice and quick for me. The kenya tree is still acclimating (i hope). Right now it is intact but a little slumped over. But i'm hoping for the best. To bad about the xenia... i think it melted away in the bag, only the rock was left. It was weird. Thanks for the frags. I wish i knew you SN on here too so i can personally say thank you.

got mine today. Sadly the pulsing xenia didn't make it =(. Water was all brown and funky. But the two other frags look okay. The branching hammer plumped up nice and quick for me. The kenya tree is still acclimating (i hope). Right now it is intact but a little slumped over. But i'm hoping for the best. To bad about the xenia... i think it melted away in the bag, only the rock was left. It was weird. Thanks for the frags. I wish i knew you SN on here too so i can personally say thank you.

See if Weetie will tell you.

I got my frags today, just want to say Thank you :) They were packed very well and made it A-OK on the trip. Here are a couple pic's. I would most definitely take part in this again if we have one, it was fun :)

11-06-07057.jpg[/img]

11-06-07055.jpg[/img]

11-06-07054.jpg[/img]

11-06-07053.jpg[/img]

11-06-07047.jpg[/img]

reeferman-chris
I got my frags today, just want to say Thank you :) They were packed very well and made it A-OK on the trip. Here are a couple pic's. I would most definitely take part in this again if we have one, it was fun :)

11-06-07057.jpg[/img]

11-06-07055.jpg[/img]

11-06-07054.jpg[/img]

11-06-07053.jpg[/img]

11-06-07047.jpg[/img]

They look great! Glad you like them. Big thank you to tashayar for the heat packs and bags! Super big thank you to weetie for makin this happen! And one more thanks to adin for coming up with this crazy idea!

Chris

WOW!! :o

CoralSantadelivery015.jpg

CoralSantadelivery016.jpg

CoralSantadelivery017.jpg

CoralSantadelivery018.jpg

CoralSantadelivery019.jpg

And a group shot. Santa was so very good to me!!! :)

This was minutes after unpacking......

CoralSantadelivery020.jpg

I don't have the words........

Very generous indeed, Thanks very much! Love 'em!

Thanks Adin and Weetie for pulling this all together!

My 2 packages arrived within 15 minutes of each other and both were ridiculous! I don't know if you guys know or not but the secret santa thing is a frag swap. I've got enough stuff here to start a new tank! Thank you so much to the 2 reefers that sent these packages my way. I'll be sure to pass on the generosity when these frags are big enough to be cut and passed on to someone else. Looks like it's time to do some more aquascaping. Such a wonderful thing to have on your to-do list!

My packages are headed out as I type. I beat the flu in time to ship them out this morning.

Pics will be up as soon as everything opens and I find a home for it.

Thanks again to my 2 santas and to Weetie and Adin!!!!

Bill

Archived