SaltCritters.com

The Dude Abides.

Dooderino

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just installed a new sunpod. Looks nice. Tank is on an up swing after a mini crash a few months ago. Pictures in a month or so. Stay tuned.

Hi, great tank and beautiful pictures!

I had a question for you.

I have a NC24, with a 150 sunpod.

I also have a mandarin.

He eats frozen, is doing well, and his tank mantes include a pygmy angel, yellow clown goby, and green clown goby.

I wanted to get another fish that swims around more freely and constantly, and was wondering what to get.

What are the current fishes that inhabitate your tank?

And what fish would you recommend?

Thank you and looking forward to updated pictures!

There is a huge number of fish you could get. Dart fish, basslet, anemone fish, damsels, wrasse. Try to stay away from gobies, jawfish, hawkfish and any other pearching types.

While some fish tend to be aggressive I have found that they are only aggressive when their territory is threatened. My clowns constantly chase away the damsel but leave the royal gramma alone. The royal gramma hates the damsel and every once in awhile will chase it too. The damsel does't seem too bossy contrary to popular belief.

If I could have another fish though I would replace the bluespot jawfish I had. Too bad he got sick. That fish was cool as hell. Pricey bugger but very fun to watch.

thanks!

And what fishes do you currently have?

And if you have a mandarin and 6-line together, do they get along?

There is a huge number of fish you could get. Dart fish, basslet, anemone fish, damsels, wrasse. Try to stay away from gobies, jawfish, hawkfish and any other pearching types.

While some fish tend to be aggressive I have found that they are only aggressive when their territory is threatened. My clowns constantly chase away the damsel but leave the royal gramma alone. The royal gramma hates the damsel and every once in awhile will chase it too. The damsel does't seem too bossy contrary to popular belief.

If I could have another fish though I would replace the bluespot jawfish I had. Too bad he got sick. That fish was cool as hell. Pricey bugger but very fun to watch.

thanks!

And what fishes do you currently have?

And if you have a mandarin and 6-line together, do they get along?

I have my 2 percs, Romeo and Juliet. Grammy the Royal Gramma. Ember the firefish. Gilby the yellow clown goby. Ol' Blue the yellow tail damsel. And Pucker the mandrin.

6-line and a mandrin together is bad. Mandrin will lose the feeding battle. 6-lines eat pods.

• 2 weeks later...
akabryanhall

Hey Man,

Read your thread through from beginning. Your tank looks great and it's nice to see the progression. I have a 29G cube as well. Love the set up! Take care.

Spanko, I looked at your pics and your tank is looking great. You are one of the only guys from '07 that I have seen current updates from. TUDIZZLE, Cali-Girl, Dive, all have gone away. I guess I have to as well. Sometimes you just get busy and the tank just goes through another stage. I bought a Sudpod with some extra Cree XRE LEDs installed for added blue. So far the corals LOVE IT!!! I will post a few pictures of the whole tank soon.

I have a mini-crash a while back and it wiped out my acan, acro, most of my zoas and a grip of other stuff. Right now I'm slowly rebuilding the reef.

Thanx for the compliment pal. Yeah over time you will see that the Sunpod was a good investment for the health of the coral in your tank. Cannot comment on the Crees, but I do have some LED's coming from evil66 that he has developed especially for the Sunpod. Can't wait to see the effect it has on the look of the tank and the health of the coral. I just looked at the nem pic again and cannot get over the beautiful color.

It is good to see some of the old BC29 crew around once in a while isn't it? I would only add there are some new folks coming on board with some nice looking stuff in theirs too!!

God I love this hobby!!!!!!

The_Yellow_Pony
I would only add there are some new folks coming on board with some nice looking stuff in theirs too!!

<-----This guy...new BC29 owner and loving it.

BTW, love your tank!

You are one of the only guys from '07 that I have seen current updates from. TUDIZZLE, Cali-Girl, Dive, all have gone away. I guess I have to as well. Sometimes you just get busy and the tank just goes through another stage.

Hey Dood...

The BC29 gang is going to need you to stick around. Keep posting. Great pics BTW!

Mark

Thanx for the compliment pal. Yeah over time you will see that the Sunpod was a good investment for the health of the coral in your tank. Cannot comment on the Crees, but I do have some LED's coming from evil66 that he has developed especially for the Sunpod. Can't wait to see the effect it has on the look of the tank and the health of the coral. I just looked at the nem pic again and cannot get over the beautiful color.

It is good to see some of the old BC29 crew around once in a while isn't it? I would only add there are some new folks coming on board with some nice looking stuff in theirs too!!

God I love this hobby!!!!!!

There are some good Cubes out there and I should take the time to comment on more of them but with as much stuff I have going on I find it hard to find the time...

<-----This guy...new BC29 owner and loving it.

BTW, love your tank!

Thanks, I will take some time and scroll through your thread soon.

Hey Dood...

The BC29 gang is going to need you to stick around. Keep posting. Great pics BTW!

Mark

Thanks! It was a typo. I'm not going anywhere. I won't be able to post as much as I have in the past but I'll do an update every once in a while.
Elite Twit
Spanko, I looked at your pics and your tank is looking great. You are one of the only guys from '07 that I have seen current updates from. TUDIZZLE, Cali-Girl, Dive, all have gone away. I guess I have to as well. Sometimes you just get busy and the tank just goes through another stage. I bought a Sudpod with some extra Cree XRE LEDs installed for added blue. So far the corals LOVE IT!!! I will post a few pictures of the whole tank soon.

I have a mini-crash a while back and it wiped out my acan, acro, most of my zoas and a grip of other stuff. Right now I'm slowly rebuilding the reef.

Glad to see you getting back in to things. If you need any frags let me know, I might be able to get a few together.

As for the others that have seemingly gone missing, they'll be back. They ALWAYS come back.

Nice!! Not looking too shabby for losing some stuff. Frogspawn looks amazing still!
The frogspawn started in on 11-07 with 6 heads. I have sold 8 heads(back wall, second picture) and I still have 22 left. lol

Nano1month094.jpg

NanoDay03575.jpg

As for the others that have seemingly gone missing, they'll be back. They ALWAYS come back.

Looking good Dood! Your posts guilted me into taking some pics and doing a little clean up...thanks! ;)

Speaking of...

so do you have upgraded lights at all?

I was running a Nanotuners 4.36. I got home from a business trip and half the lights were out. :angry: So I bought a Sunpod. Now I'm battling a heat issue but I think I have it figured out :) . I keeep my house around 75 degrees 24h a day and I never had heat issue with the Nanotuners after I did a couple of simple mods to the hood. I put on the Sunpod and my temp gauge broke about the same time. I didn't worry about it because it was so stable. Well I go a new thermostat and the tank has been reaching 84-85 degrees in the day. 79 at night. omgomgomg YIKES! No wonder the tank is struggling. But I just checked it and everything seems to be ok. fingerscrossed The best part is it was only a $7 fix. B)

I was running a Nanotuners 4.36. I got home from a business trip and half the lights were out. :angry: So I bought a Sunpod. Now I'm battling a heat issue but I think I have it figured out :) . I keeep my house around 75 degrees 24h a day and I never had heat issue with the Nanotuners after I did a couple of simple mods to the hood. I put on the Sunpod and my temp gauge broke about the same time. I didn't worry about it because it was so stable. Well I go a new thermostat and the tank has been reaching 84-85 degrees in the day. 79 at night. omgomgomg YIKES! No wonder the tank is struggling. But I just checked it and everything seems to be ok. fingerscrossed The best part is it was only a $7 fix. B)

Nice Tank! What did you do to fix the heat issues?

Nice Tank! What did you do to fix the heat issues?
I put a fan on the back of the tank. It blows over the surface of the water directly under the MH.

Archived