Innovative Marine Aquariums

Weetie's 10g Prop Tank

Weetabix7

Just saw an awesome scorpionfish at the LFS yesterday. Thought of your frogfish sig. He's about as big as my thumb and will follow you along the glass! Very kewl critter. What's the going rate for a frog/scorpion/leaf-fish out by you guys? I think the scorpion was like 25 and another LFS had a leaf for 35-40.

Bill

I can order a frogfish for around $40, as for a scorpion, it kinda depends on the store. It would probably have to be ordered.

Wish I could get fishies from your store.

Was it a free swimming scorpion or the kind that crawls around on the bottom? I really like the bottom-dwelling kind.

Sounds like I need to have you pick one up for me sometime.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was kinda his own spirit on that one, LOL. He was a bottom sitter/crawler but if you went up to the tank he would swim right up to you to see what you were doing there. It was pretty obvious he was more accustomed to chilling on the rocks but he couldn't help but swim toward you, LOL. I think the best part about those fish is trying to find their eyes. Very kewl/creepy looking. I love it :D .

Bill

Scorpions are neat. I've always loved those pricey Rhinopias before the online carriers had them for eight bills or so, but all scorps are cool in my book.

Yeah, this guy isn't the uber expensive fancy colored kind. He just looks like a rock with fins, LOL. Why do I always want fish that will eat my fish? That or pipefish. The LFS with the Leaf got in a pair of green pipes that are amazing. I think I could keep them but I'm not sure. Definitely couldn't keep the Leaf or Scorpion. Bye-bye goby and possibly clown, LOL.

I'll try and get some pics next time I'm there. They're pretty kewl with me so I don't think they'll mind. Maybe I'll distract the lady by letting her hold Milana, then snap some pics. B)

Bill

I actually really like fish that look like rocks with fins.

I've loved 'em from the very first time I walked into a store that sold SW and realized that you could actually keep that kind of stuff in your own aquarium IN REAL LIFE!!! Until that moment I had honestly thought that kind of stuff only existed in the ocean or in zoos or public aquariums.

I remember walking around the store with my jaw hanging open and I remember falling in love with a juvenile Koran Angel and being fascinated by the Stonefish they had.

Yes, they had a real live Stonefish.

I remember thinking how ugly and amazing it was all at the same time, and I've never outgrown my interest in those kinds of fish.

If you keep this up varanus, you're gonna talk me into putting one of those finny rocks in my new setup!

On a totally different note, I just noticed that I'm today's top poster.

I don't think that's ever happened before!

I think I'll celebrate by sharing some cookies with Caesar.

f8d1-1.jpg

Our LFS had stonefish a while back. Same one that has the leaf now. That scorpion is the kewlest fish the other LFS has had in a long while. Other than some seahorses.

Bill

Weetie just wanted to send out a big hug and kiss to you and to Ashley's family. I know how hard this first holiday season and other firsts they will encounter without Ashley can be, but with the love and caring from your support group you will get through it.

Happy as they can be and safe holidays to you all.

Love, Henry.

Weetie just wanted to send out a big hug and kiss to you and to Ashley's family. I know how hard this first holiday season and other firsts they will encounter without Ashley can be, but with the love and caring from your support group you will get throught it.

Happy as they can be and save holidays to you all.

Love, Henry.

Thanks Henry.

Same to you and your family.

:grouphug:

YUM, COOKIES!

I'd also like to ditto the above, except obviously it's worded better than I can do at this point in time. (Sorry) Merry Christmas, Weets. :wub:

I wanted to send out individual Merry Christmas PM's, but things are really crazy right now and we're trying to rush to pull everything together to head out to Grandma Susan's house for a couple of days

SO

Merry Christmas to all of you guys, I appreciate you more than I can say, thank you so much for making this a really special Christmas for me. The support and well wishes from all of you makes an enormous difference to me. I hope you each have as nice of a Christmas as you've given to me.

And just to show I really mean it, here's some cookies for you:

7d7d.jpg

christmas_cookies.jpg

ChristmasCookies.jpg

Weetie,

I am sitting here waiting for the call from my mom telling me and the other "adult children" to come over for Christmas, and I read your thread.

First, I wanted to say how much I like the tank, but thats not really what inspired me to respond.

What inspired me to respond was what happened to Ashley, and how you responded to that tragedy. I just want you to know that, while it saddened me greatly to learn what happened, the way you pushed for positive change following the event inspired me. My thoughts are with you and your family this Christmas. Nobody should have to experience what your family has gone through, and I am glad that you have managed to effect changes that make it less likely to happen to another family. Kudos to you!

I am currently eating a cookie in your honor, lol.

Merry Christmas, may your corals be puffy, your fish be fat, and your family together.

- Josh

Weetie,

I am sitting here waiting for the call from my mom telling me and the other "adult children" to come over for Christmas, and I read your thread.

First, I wanted to say how much I like the tank, but thats not really what inspired me to respond.

What inspired me to respond was what happened to Ashley, and how you responded to that tragedy. I just want you to know that, while it saddened me greatly to learn what happened, the way you pushed for positive change following the event inspired me. My thoughts are with you and your family this Christmas. Nobody should have to experience what your family has gone through, and I am glad that you have managed to effect changes that make it less likely to happen to another family. Kudos to you!

I am currently eating a cookie in your honor, lol.

Merry Christmas, may your corals be puffy, your fish be fat, and your family together.

- Josh

LOL, I got a kick out of those last comments!

Thank you for the compliments, but the honest truth is that I do it to help myself as much as anything else.

Taking action to push for positive change keeps me from being overwhelmed by loss and the fact that I can do nothing to ease the pain of my sister and her husband. It changes my focus from one of despair and helplessness to one of hope and action and I am more than willing to sieze on anything that will do that right now.

I suppose it's what I usually try to do when faced by something negative that threatens to overwhelm me, I try to find something positive to focus on instead, and if there is some way to take positive action that's even better.

And if you're reading this thinking that I'm some great person or something, I'm really not.

I'm really being quite pragmatic.

Frankly, it's just no fun to wallow in pain and misery, and if for some reason that wasn't enough to motivate me, I have a family that depends on me and I HAVE to pull it together for them.

Thank you though.

The postive support I've gotten from people here really does help a lot.

And on a completely different note, do any of you out there have some cool sps frags to sell me?

I've got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket. :D

:eek: I'm scared for you! Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of those in my mailbox.... :P

Well my friend, you know where to find them. ;)

They're actually BibleSue's.

I'm at her house right now and we're in the midst of a fragfest.

Fun! :D

Well my friend, you know where to find them. ;)

Does this mean the

Reefer Chicks Coral Kitchen is cooking once again???

A fragfest? Is this for growing out or is the Coral Kitchen going to post another offering?

Kewl either way I suppose.

Bill

It's for the Middle TN. Frag Swap that we're setting up a table at on Jan. 19.

Whatever we don't end up selling there we'll probably post here afterwards.

So far we've done some really nice purple, pink and Nuclear Green zoas.

We're gonna do some nice oranges (Argent Orange, I think) and more pinks next.

Sounds like fun! :D

Any particular story behind the new avatar?

--Diane

Any particular story behind the new avatar?

--Diane

Heh, yeah.

C7 stole my cookies (see her avatar), so I stole her doggie.

I still have the other one saved, I liked it too much to totally get rid of it.

As for everyone's questions about the Coral Kitchen, I'm not totally sure what it's future is.

BibleSue is breaking down her prop tank and we're fragging everything to sell first at the Mid. TN frag swap in Nashville on Jan. 19. Anything left over from that will be offered for sale here, I'm sure.

Thanks to everyone's help, my prop tank will continue and hopefully even expand a little bit. Plans haven't been finalized yet, but I may be moving the 10g prop system into a 16g tank. Still working on that.

However, the Reef Chicks Coral Kitchen has been a joint enterprise and since BibleSue is breaking down her prop tank I'm not sure if it could continue in the same format. I'm open to suggestions.

Thought you guys might like to see some pics of what we've been working on.

BTW, the color is better in real life, I'm still getting used to BibleSue's camera.

Nukes2.jpg

Nukes.jpg

Archived