Innovative Marine Aquariums

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

I looked within the last 20 pages and I couldn't locate your most current up to date stocking list. I am especially interested in your CUC.

never mind - I found it on page 85. I swear I have read this thread front to back atleast 4 times and every time I learn something new.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know what it is exactly but I am glad you found it. I am shrimpless right now. My pep. disappeared right after getting the new light. I don't know if I will get another he was fun to watch and play with but would steal food away from my mandarin. I had that shrimp from the start of my saltwater experience even before this tank.

I rarely post like this but I would like to update the moving situation.

It looks like this tank will be moved the weekend of April 4th. I have received new sand, chemi pure and purigen. I have about 10 gallons of new saltwater ready and need to make at least 20 more gallons. The water is in jugs just has to be mixed with salt. I also need to flush my RO unit. I have never used one before but will have to in this new office. I don't know what water they have delivered like in my office and it may look bad "stealing" aprox 7 gallons/week.

I still haven't figured out the best way to move the corals, most are attached to the rock. I believe Rubbermaid’s are the best way, any loose pieces can get bagged and put into a cooler. The drive is only 2.5 hours but if need be I have a few power inverters to run a heater. Once in Wisconsin they will be added to a central holding area with flow and heat.

The tank will get a good cleaning then packed. Set back up, water in, heat on and re-scaped and stocked.

I can't say I am looking forward to any of this.

I also have decided to buy a house. If financing goes well it is a buyers market and there are many houses in my price range. Now I can be in debt for the rest of my life :)

Good luck on the move and congrats on the new home!

Thanks guys. I hope I can get financing. I checked my credit report and score this past weekend and everything looks great. But in this current situation you never know.

For the time being I have to move back home with my parents :o Nothing I ever wanted to do but I will allow me time to shop for a house and save a ton of money

I put all my corals and fish in tupperware. problem came when you have a piece that's too big and so you have to put it in bags. You can also chip your corals off the rock (I did that too). The put them in the cooler. Best advice I can give you is to have warm saltwater once you get there. Nothing worse than waiting for ice cold water to heat up while your corals are cooling!

Not that you were asking my opinion..... B)

good idea on the water at the new location. I will have to have some ready to go along with my new tank's water.

Fingers crossed for you. Best of luck on the move and the new house.

So my Tunze 9002 will be arriving tomorrow. Any pointers for using either filter floss or the black foam in place until I get your media rack and skimmer cup? I am thinking I will need to secure the foam or floss some how now that the skimmer will so much smaller. The whole idea is for the water coming thru the skimmer gate is for it to run over the filter media, right?

This was my setup before the media rack. You can cut the sponge in half to prop it up against the Tunze and under the intake. This will give you a shelf to place filter floss on which will be easier to remove and clean than these sponges.

With the Tunze you are still limited on placement of media and I feel it is very important that water hits floss or a sponge at the least to keep the filtration areas clean. Now you can see why the media rack was needed for this tank.

RSMBack.jpg

Ok Stevie - thanks for the diagram. Is there an easy way to access the two fans in the right side of the hood? I have one that seems to vibrate rather loud on occasion and I would just assume replace it then deal with the noise. I can only think that the cover plate somehow pops off to access the fans.

it doesn't.

You have to remove the hoods top to access the fans. There are screws on the bottom of the hood (the part that faces the water). Pop off the plugs to access the screws. once in there you can see the fans and after the hood top is removed you can remove the fan grate that you can see from the outside.

I had to replace my fans, Red Sea sent me new units at no charge.

From my index

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...31416&st=60

Stevie - Ever think about getting one of those expensive controllers for a tank such as the Max? Are they even worth it? I can't really envision how one would set something like that up in the Max.

Hey STevie....ever get tired of answering the same questions again and again and again and again B)

bet he has all the questions he has answered in a word doc. and just copy's and pastes them. :P

Scott Riemer
bet he has all the questions he has answered in a word doc. and just copy's and pastes them. :P

He's so high tech, he probably has software set up that answers the questions for him.

He's so high tech, he probably has software set up that answers the questions for him.

:haha:

:ninja:

Good luck with everything bro!

Congrats on the soon to be new house. The debt sucks, but it's a helluva feeling owning a home!!!

Stevie - Ever think about getting one of those expensive controllers for a tank such as the Max? Are they even worth it? I can't really envision how one would set something like that up in the Max.

Na. Waste of money to me, I would rather buy a new AIO and invent products for it. I can't see how they would really benifit the tank since everything is still alive every day when I show up to say hello to it. I would be nice to know the PH on a digital number. But without a calc reactor or other mechanical dosing device what does it really do but look cool and burn a hole in your bank account? On a small tank my eye is much better. On a big tank sure why not have one then I could check my reef from the interweb.

shhh, dont' tell anyone.

-- auto answer sent from StevieT3001 please do not reply to this message it will go unanswered

Scott Riemer
shhh, dont' tell anyone.

-- auto answer sent from StevieT3001 please do not reply to this message it will go unanswered

How for to celebrate 10K?

Hey STevie....ever get tired of answering the same questions again and again and again and again B)

I have no friends so any communication with other humans is invited. I don't mind too much your tank would still be alive if you asked more questions :o

How for to celebrate 10K?

oh dang, all the cool kids are hitting 10K at about the same time. And by cool kids I mean scott and the trolls.

Anything special planned or just going to let it happen. wasting a post on this question may be an issue. Please crash the interweb when you do hit that number.

Good luck with everything bro!

Congrats on the soon to be new house. The debt sucks, but it's a helluva feeling owning a home!!!

Merci

It's good debt right?! I am going to meet with a loan officer next week, we'll see how that goes. :scarry:

Scott Riemer
oh dang, all the cool kids are hitting 10K at about the same time. And by cool kids I mean scott and the trolls.

Anything special planned or just going to let it happen. wasting a post on this question may be an issue. Please crash the interweb when you do hit that number.

In true Scott fashion, I should use it answering a n00b question in the Beginner's Section and pretend it never happened.

Archived