Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In true Scott fashion, I should use it answering a n00b question in the Beginner's Section and pretend it never happened.

bioballs are bad. This is the filter floss you need to use. A home RO machine makes 0 TDS water which is the same as the big expensive ones water companies use. Chemi pure is greather than cheap carbon. Skimmers are not needed on small tanks. No you still have to change your water while using chemi pure or a skimmer. Yes chemi pure cures cancer. A two day cycle is too fast.

bioballs are bad. This is the filter floss you need to use. A home RO machine makes 0 TDS water which is the same as the big expensive ones water companies use. Chemi pure is greather than cheap carbon. Skimmers are not needed on small tanks. No you still have to change your water while using chemi pure or a skimmer. Yes chemi pure cures cancer. A two day cycle is too fast.

:lol: I have been saying that for two straight days

Taking what all off? :)

Oh dang, Scott, one more!! omgomgomg

Time for one. Maybe clothing as well.

HA, internet at home finally! And only a few days to enjoy stealing it from mr. NETGEAR unsecured connection.

:lol: I have been saying that for two straight days

copy and paste that for all your answers, it should cover the bases nicely. And get scott and lalani to do their job and help you weed though the n00b mess. Remember the banjo minnow? Something like that.

Time for one. Maybe clothing as well.

HA, internet at home finally! And only a few days to enjoy stealing it from mr. NETGEAR unsecured connection.

I already did that in the post pic of yourself thread. :blush:

Kinda.

Anyways, lol, I thought you didn't want the internet at home!

AND, my job is not to answer noob questions.. it's to lay down the LAW.... kinda.

I've been wondering why you have been on this late at night lately. Apparently he's never heard of password protection. You should ask if you can borrow his credit card too. :lol:

I already did that in the post pic of yourself thread.

Kinda.

Anyways, lol, I thought you didn't want the internet at home!

AND, my job is not to answer noob questions.. it's to lay down the LAW.... kinda.

yeah... kind of. More like place them on a table but we enjoyed greatly.

Oh not paying for this interweb session. Mr. NETGEAR was nice enough to not have it secured. I broght the laddy home a few days ago and did another search for wireless. Low and behold a new tenant has interweb up and free for the taking. But I only get to enjoy that until sat when I am outtie. would have been nice to steal it for a few years.

I've been wondering why you have been on this late at night lately. Apparently he's never heard of password protection. You should ask if you can borrow his credit card too. :lol:

New tank supplies ordered. If I was on this late in the past it ment I was still at work. F that noise it is nice to have a break from that for a little bit.

perfect

Have fun living with the Parental Units!! I'll be joining the club in about a month...

I actually heard something on the news a few weeks ago about how many "Kids" are moving back in with their parents because of the economy. I'm talking grown single kids and those with their own families. Some have moved back in to actually help the Parents pay for stuff!

Apparently they've been doing surveys and studies and the numbers have increased dramatically since the economy drop...

just some random ramblings..... ;)

eddiecorrea
Have fun living with the Parental Units!! I'll be joining the club in about a month...

I actually heard something on the news a few weeks ago about how many "Kids" are moving back in with their parents because of the economy. I'm talking grown single kids and those with their own families. Some have moved back in to actually help the Parents pay for stuff!

Apparently they've been doing surveys and studies and the numbers have increased dramatically since the economy drop...

I would live in a cardboard box before I moved back in with the Rentals. But I'm in the military so I have a steady job.

Okay Stevie my Tunze is installed and I am having major micro-bubbles now. More so than the stock skimmer. I have even thought that the circ pumps were getting starved so I removed all filter media and nothing changed. I understand that Skimmers require a break-in, but I did not think it would produce this many bubbles. I looked at your pics thru your thread and I have mine installed almost identical. My tank looks like it is filled with soda water or Alka Seltzer. Help. :(

I can see that. I would rather not move back home but it is the smartest thing. I need a few months to pick out a house and save a little more for the down payment. Enjoy your stay!

Okay Stevie my Tunze is installed and I am having major micro-bubbles now. More so than the stock skimmer. I have even thought that the circ pumps were getting starved so I removed all filter media and nothing changed. I understand that Skimmers require a break-in, but I did not think it would produce this many bubbles. I looked at your pics thru your thread and I have mine installed almost identical. My tank looks like it is filled with soda water or Alka Seltzer. Help. :(

break in

I'll hold my breath a little longer. Thanks for your help. I just noticed in the manual that the Tunze is supposed to have a bottom cover. Guess what? Mine did not. No wonder i had trouble keeping the pump inside the skimmer. I used a dab of glue to secure the pump in place. I will contact Tunze to get a replacement. Did yours come with a bottom plate (3110.310)?

I'll hold my breath a little longer. Thanks for your help. I just noticed in the manual that the Tunze is supposed to have a bottom cover. Guess what? Mine did not. No wonder i had trouble keeping the pump inside the skimmer. I used a dab of glue to secure the pump in place. I will contact Tunze to get a replacement. Did yours come with a bottom plate (3110.310)?

haha well theres your problem. yeah the skimmer has a top and a bottom 2 sides and a front and a back. Give them a shout.

haha well theres your problem. yeah the skimmer has a top and a bottom 2 sides and a front and a back. Give them a shout.

Thanks Stevie. I know something had to be wrong. I have since turned off the skimmer awaiting to hear back from Tunze. It was really dis-heartening to see my tank go thru that kind of abuse I understand the whole break in period but this did not seem like it was going to clear itself.

Thanks Stevie. I know something had to be wrong. I have since turned off the skimmer awaiting to hear back from Tunze. It was really dis-heartening to see my tank go thru that kind of abuse I understand the whole break in period but this did not seem like it was going to clear itself.

That is the first I have herd of one coming without a bottom and it is very strange.

Don't worry about the microbubbles hurting anything your tank should be fine.

That is the first I have herd of one coming without a bottom and it is very strange.

Don't worry about the microbubbles hurting anything your tank should be fine.

It's just that I had a house full of people tonight and all I got to show them was a tank full of bubbles and rocks and sand going thru the diatom stage. It's hard for the un-educated to understand the whole cycle process. I think they were thinking they were going to see a insta-reef in a box. I have wanted to make my own RSM thread but I wanted to wait until I get these problems situated.

you should start one now, progress is nice to see.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post a picture of a white box. That will get the point across of what my tank looks like with the Tunze running. :) Tank thread will be coming soon.

:lol: well I hope you turned it off since you are missing the bottom cover and it is leaking. Your bubbles are coming out that area instead of being forced up the top. I am sure MD will take care of you and have Tunze send you a cover or replace the unit.

I can imagine how many bubbles are escaping normal break in produces some microbubbles but nothing like what you must be looking at.

Stevie - what chamber did you put your Stealh into? Mine would not fit in the stock heater location because the suction cups were too big. I put it in the skimmer chamber near the broken Tunze. Will that be ok? Also, do these run hotter than the numbers on the dial? Mine is set way low and I am having trouble keeping my temps below 78 even with the AC for the house set at 76. Maybe I should install the extra fan in the back.

Stevie - what chamber did you put your Stealh into? Mine would not fit in the stock heater location because the suction cups were too big. I put it in the skimmer chamber near the broken Tunze. Will that be ok? Also, do these run hotter than the numbers on the dial? Mine is set way low and I am having trouble keeping my temps below 78 even with the AC for the house set at 76. Maybe I should install the extra fan in the back.

Hey Mr.T...I'll take this one! ;)

Tony- Your stealth will fit in the stock heater chamber, just use one suction cup at the very top to hold it in place. Also, if temps are too high...install the fan. I had this exact same situation, even though my ambient room temps are only 72ish...I ended up needing the fan anyway to keep more of a steady range. I installed the fan and set my stealth to 79 and now I have steady temps between 79-80. The heater only kicks on when temps go too low, it doesn't stay on 24/7, so that is not the cause of the elevated temps.

I don't have any suction cups on mine. Just dropped it into the heater chamber and used the cord to adjust the height. the dial is under water but I don't think the hear is resting on the floor of the tank.

Did you move the tank this weekend?

Any ETA on inTank opening up for business? I really could use a basket. Can I just pay now and you ship when it's ready?

Is your GSP on the sand bed or on a flat piece of rock?

The tank will be moved this coming weekend :fingerscrossed:

I have one RSM media basket built but it is in a box somewhere. If you want to do an order I could try and ship it out this week if not the following. inTank will be opening back up in 2-3 weeks. I am not going to open until I have inventory and lots of it.

If you are interested send an email to sales@mediabaskets.com

Archived