Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

The tank will be moved this coming weekend :fingerscrossed:

I have one RSM media basket built but it is in a box somewhere. If you want to do an order I could try and ship it out this week if not the following. inTank will be opening back up in 2-3 weeks. I am not going to open until I have inventory and lots of it.

If you are interested send an email to sales@mediabaskets.com

Email sent...and your GSP?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a shopping run tonight, current stocking for the move. Let me know if I am overlooking something.

Aprox. 35 gallons of salt water made up

32 gallon plastic trash can to mix and heat new water (starting tomorrow in the office)

Plastic totes with lids to transfer corals/rock

Fish bags taken from Petco, for fish and inverts and delicate corals

Pumps, lots of them from all my AIO tanks

Heaters

3 tubes of Aquamend and 12 tubes of superglue gel

Power inverter if need be for the transfer time

New sand

RO machine producing 4 water @ 4 TDS, DI on the way yet delayed in shipment :angry:

TDS meter

RO made up for top offs

Coolers, stiro if need be

Digital camera with tripod

Boxes, packing material

New larger resivor for ATO fresh RO/DI

Electrical work needed to make timers very nice at new set up

IPass

Beer

I dread the day I ever would have to move. Best of luck. How will you plan to move the rock with the corals attached to them? Will the corals peel back off the rock so you can place them in their new location? How about one last pre-move FTS and then an after move FTS. Let's see how close you can re-create the aqua scape.

So we have a "How to glue corals" thread...I think it's time for a "How to remove corals" thread.

Stevie did u have problems with the stock heater? I am...need to change it tomorrow

yes I did like almost every other RSM heater.

Replace with stealth 150W

Is today tank move day?

Going down tomorrow, I will see the tank for the first time in 7 days. Feed the fish a small bit one last time, especially the mandarin. Spending the night and attending a birthday party sat night. Move starts Sunday AM, then set up in Milwaukee in the afternoon. It is supposed to snow so I hope that doesn't slow the drive down too much :scarry:

By sunday night it should be all transfered and by Monday morning it will still look like crap :lol:

New water is up to temp and salt at 1.025. My coworkers here think I am crazy looking into devices to check the salinity and having 32 gallons of water in a conference room.

RO water = 4 TDS

new DI unit installed last night = 0 TDS, score.

Stevie do you just not feed your fish for weeks? Or does somebody feed them for you?

I usually don't do this, actually I have never in the past. When I have gone on vacation I had a coworker feed them on the same schedule as me (every other day). I made it idiot -proof by putting the correct amount in a daily medicine pill container in the correct day.

Yet my office and shop are totally closed. There is no one down we have all moved away.

7 days isn't too bad and fish can go without eating. I am only going to feed a little tomorrow since I am transporting Sunday. They need to digest most of it first and I don't need a polluted bag of water with a stressed fish.

Is it bad that I am going to rush to see the tank first and not the girlfriend?

Is it bad that I am going to rush to see the tank first and not the girlfriend?

No sir its fine, I did the same thing today and she understood. I had to make sure "her" fish were doing ok. Well thats what I told her.

No sir its fine, I did the same thing today and she understood. I had to make sure "her" fish were doing ok. Well thats what I told her.

well played but my girlfriend has no fish to call her own, she barely sees the tank yet I talk about it and tank stuff all the time. She is lucky I am coming down ..... crap I'll stop now. Apparently one of her coworkers is researching nano reefs and is reading this thread :ninja:

Youre in deep Sh!t brotha, you better have the gf pick out a fish so she has some interest in the tank. Or just buy her a picotope like ty did for his wife.

But isn't that like giving her an engagement ring? Once you let them in your tank you can never let them out.

:scarry:

Needreefunds

If she's a keeper, she will absolutely understand the effort and care you put into that tank and how much it means to you.

BUT, on the flip side you had better take care of her once the tank and its inhabitants are squared away. ;)

( let's not push the understanding thing :P )

Good luck buddy.

If she's a keeper, she will absolutely understand the effort and care you put into that tank and how much it means to you.

BUT, on the flip side you had better take care of her once the tank and its inhabitants are squared away. ;)

( let's not push the understanding thing :P )

Good luck buddy.

heh my gf says to me if you ever get a 130 dollar fish you better have an engagement ring for me

after 12 hours of working on the tank I am done for the day.

I couldn't get the aquascape the same so I gave up for the night. I tried for almost two hours but it was getting too late. The rock is all on the bottom of the tank and the corals are on top.

It will all have to come up again tomorrow and we can retry. I colorcoded and mapped each rock but I needed more detail and it was pretty much impossible anyway, that first scape was a miricle.

I never want to do this again it was pure hell and I did not enjoy one second of it.

My tank was about 2.5 gallons low when I showed up Saturday and the pumps were spitting out massive amounts of bubbles.

Nothing lost yet but all livestock including myself are very pi$$ed off.

Good night, we shall try this again tomorrow with a better plan.

Archived