inTank Media Baskets

[Cadlights 34G] No turning back now!

Rodney013

Not much new to report on my tank. I have better color in all my corals than I have had and the growth I am now getting is shocking. Will try and post some new pics soon. :D

I have a question...After reading hundreds of threads and following many builds here on NR I have noticed there seems to be those who run their LR all the way agaist the side walls and those who leave enough room to clean the glass. I have come to really like the looks of the ones that utilize the full width of the tank but my concern is how hard it is to keep the glass clean. I am one of those clean freaks and cannot even stand the slightest bit of algae or finger prints on the glass. I clean the inside of my glass at least once a day and the outside constantly. With that being said I suppose this would not be a good idea for someone like me? :huh:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much new to report on my tank. I have better color in all my corals than I have had and the growth I am now getting is shocking. Will try and post some new pics soon. :D

I have a question...After reading hundreds of threads and following many builds here on NR I have noticed there seems to be those who run their LR all the way agaist the side walls and those who leave enough room to clean the glass. I have come to really like the looks of the ones that utilize the full width of the tank but my concern is how hard it is to keep the glass clean. I am one of those clean freaks and cannot even stand the slightest bit of algae or finger prints on the glass. I clean the inside of my glass at least once a day and the outside constantly. With that being said I suppose this would not be a good idea for someone like me? :huh:

Probably not, if you can get around having a "1/4 space between rock and glass, then a Super Nimble magnetic glass cleaner would be your answer and best bet. I use one on my tank and it's awesome! Gets i nthe most hard to reach areas and the in-water part is super thin, only "1/4 thick! B)

Probably not, if you can get around having a "1/4 space between rock and glass, then a Super Nimble magnetic glass cleaner would be your answer and best bet. I use one on my tank and it's awesome! Gets i nthe most hard to reach areas and the in-water part is super thin, only "1/4 thick! B)

Thanks Phixion...I will have to get one and give it a try. The mag I have now is big and hard to use.

Thanks Phixion...I will have to get one and give it a try. The mag I have now is big and hard to use.

I agree. I had a Mag for maybe about my first month of reefing, then I was pointed to and discovered the Nimble. The production of them is slow, but in the end it's very well worth the wait! Get the Super Nimble though, the thicker glass of the CAD 39g probably won't allow the regular Nimble to work well or even hang on.

More pics...guess I have too much time on my hands. Hope I am not boring my fellow reefers?

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

I am done buying corals for a while.....NOT! :D

Installed a new Kent RO/DI water filter this week and started making my own water. No more lugging 5 gallon jugs back and forth to my LFS. :D

Picked up some new zoas at my LFS...what do you think...they are suppose to be from the land down under.

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

Lower left

IMG_3352.jpg

Lower right

IMG_3355.jpg

FTS

IMG_3357.jpg

Added a TDS meter today and the readings are 255 ppm from the tap and 5 ppm after the run through the Kent Maxxima Hi-S system.

Anyone know if this should be lower or is this okay?

Pretty zoas and nice pics.

This is a nice tank.

5 is a low reading, but I think it's supposed to be 0.

Thanks but just today I noticed some zoa eating nudibranchs so looks like I have another battle on my hands.

Thanks but just today I noticed some zoa eating nudibranchs so looks like I have another battle on my hands.

I think there's a thread at the top of the Disease and Pest Forum that tells how to deal with that.

Good luck.

I know this is a horrible picture but it is the best shot I can get at the moment. Picked this up a my LFS for $10.00. Not pretty at all but I have never seen anything with this color before, there is 7 heads and they are simply black and white.

IMG_3499.jpg

Also picked a peach colored hammer, hope to take some pics of it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

My first ever Yuma's!

I am a little worried about both pink ones as you can see their mouths are open and have stayed this way for 4 days. Is this a bad sign?

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

• 3 months later...
How's your nano reef doing these days Rodney? Keep us updated :)

Hey Chris

All is going well...I have had my highs and lows but overall I am pleased with my tank at this point. The advice that almost everyone here stresses about going S L O W is spot on. Most of my mistakes have been impulse buys and me simply trying to push beyond my knowledge. My tank is almost 18 months old and I just now seem to be in tune with most of what is going on inside the glass walls. I can honestly say the journey has been great but I am just now really enjoying the beauty of this hobby.

I will take some new pics soon as I have just recently done a little updating of my aquascaping.

Thanks for asking Christopher and thanks to everyone for tagging along.

Hello everyone...been a long time since I posted any pics so here goes...

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

I once thought I would never buy any SPS... :D

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

FTS

IMG_4363.jpg

Thanks for tagging along and please let me know what you think....good or bad?

GOOD for sure!! I love your FTS's, Rodney! The tank is looking great, keep up the awesome work with it as usual!

I hope to have my 30g tank back up and running real soon here. Been torn down and sitting in my garage since moving a few months ago, lol! Right now all my livestock is in a temporary 20g long tank.

Thanks Phixion...I am just now starting to feel comfortable with my tank.

I know you are ready to get yours set back up and running.

Takes a while to get comfy with it, huh? I know what you mean, just as mine was doing as good as it ever was, I had to take it down. :(

Archived