inTank Media Baskets

tried to order a custom tank..all I got was grief!

nynex

Yep sounds like Beth Fialla...(owner) ....

Thats funny...Ive never seen such backwards customer service

in all my life!!!! LOL

friedrichs85 there are many other tank makers out there who will want your

business and not give you the run around. Glad you didnt go with GC...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you'd need to make a phone recording in a state that allows it without telling the other person. If the other person (Beth) knew that you were recording, then I'm sure she'd be quite polite.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep this thread alive, because it needs to be.

Anywho, a lot of the local stores here get their displays and sumps from GlassCages since they're right down the road. The do decent work for locals, and they're all nice and friendly when you know where they live... For everyone else... ... good luck.

Absoloutely outstanding. I am new to the nano thing, and was of a mind to order a display/sump as a matched set. Not cast acrylic? Holy Moses. That weld job looks horrendous. I emailed a friend who deals with avation plastics (I could tell you who he is, but then I'd/He'd have to kill you...;) )and he confirmed the difference in materials and their not bonding reliably. Guess I'll keep saving up and have it made else where.

Thanks to you, over $650 saved!!! :naughtydance:

great thread. im just curious to know how much business gc hasn't had since this started. im sure it would look like thisaaaaaaaaa.jpgexcept sales on the y-axis and number of viewers on the x-axisi know....no photoshop skills what so ever

Use the power of the internet!

Example: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442510

Cliffnotes: Mitsubishi dealership sells an Evo on ebay at a good price, but goes back on the deal. Guy posts in forum complaining. It then spreads like wildfire through a bunch of different forums (hundreds), with thousands of people emailing/phoning the dealership in protest. The guy ends up getting the evo for the agreed upon price.

I don't know how I would keep my cool if his wife spoke to me, a potential customer, like that. The hanging up on you part makes me :angry: Thats just rediculous. I've heard of bad customer service before but this takes the cake.

Oh ya...tell me about it...The first phone call where she did that,

it was one of those moments where you kinda pull the phone away

from your ear for a second thinking..."Did they just say that??"

Well come to find out from the Better Business Bureau is that she is the

actual owner too...

• 2 months later...
...The first phone call where she did that,

it was one of those moments where you kinda pull the phone away

from your ear for a second thinking..."Did they just say that??" ...

It should have been where you said, "thanks anyways".

Lessons learned, thanks for taking the hit for the rest of us, sorry you gt screwed but happy you got your money back. Hope you enjoy the new tank.

Before reading this thread, I called them and asked for a quote on a 12 inch cube with 2 holes cut on the bottom to be plumbed with a cannister. Quoted me $185 for the tank plus $50 a hole plus shipping which she said you are on your own if anything happens to it. I politely hung up on her....No soup for you.

Nick

The Propagator

I just have to call these guys !!

I don't know why .....

I just have to.

I have to see 1st hand how fooked up these guys are.

Then rip'em Propagator style.

Prolly should record it.

It would turn out to be audio file of the year on you tube I bet.

I am VERY good at verbally smacking some one broad side in the face.

Not elliquently either. I sort of sneak it up on them when they need it and guise it in a calm voice so they have to think about it at 1st..

( if they have to stop and rethink what they just heard it REALLY sets in right ! )

You know what I mean.

Usually using a Mr. Rogers voice to add extra insult to injury followed by " did ya like that did ya? would ya like another?" using the same Mr. Rogers voice after giving them a second or two for it to sink in.

(I did that to GodsCreationsUnderTheSea actually, also to KiKi from ricordeas.net when she still had that crap hole up. I tried to do it to Dickie52 but he wont give me his phone number.

( I think he fears the possibility I may out him? who knows. YOU KNOW I AM JOKING RICHARD !! ;) )

To think I actually steered some one their way ( GC.com) for a lid to go on their eel tank.

( I forget who it was but they are on here.. I'M SORRY !!!! :( )

and YES you REALLY need to show up at the next trade show in Orlando and take the tank with you.

I would. Dead serious. I really would. I would wait until there was a good sized crowd around to.

( Or draw them in with a mega phone ) then blast his ass about his shoty company in general.

Wow these people are a buch of jerks,this thread saved me i was going to order a tank from them to and if i have some extra money saved up i'm going to buy a recorder and tape how bad there costomer service is. Hows that for revenge :ninja:
and if you live in Florida where there is close to no consumer protection at all your stuck with the tank lol
i called last night and tried to get a custom tank made with a wall in the back and baffles like you did. i asked it be done on a 40 long, one of thier standard sizes. the lady on the phone (prob that witch, beth) rudely told me it would be too much trouble. i asked what the difference was between making this aquarium and a custom sump that they offer. she got ####ed off and hung up on me. this company is a joke.
That post though old now or read one like it months ago saved me money as I had planned to order a snake terrarium from them instead bought from another vendor and glad I did

We've ordered from them several times for the acrylic tanks with the seemless fronts in 50 gal. and up. We have always had the best service and are thrilled with our tanks. We'll always go back to them for our tanks.

Just skimmed through this and I feel for you. I almost ordered a tank from them as well becuase of ther prices. I did a little research and ended up building my own because of there crappy service and horrible tanks. It's 25"x21"x15" with a double bottom(like elos), 1/2" glass all around and it rimless. only cost about 280$. Really sorry about your tank.

The Propagator
are you the same kiki from ricordeas.net?

It would be an awfully odd qwinki dink if it wasn't wouldn't it.

If it is that would be absolutely STELLAR !!

:D

are you the same kiki from ricordeas.net?

Sorry, no. That's just a nickname I have from work, My real name is even more unusual:P

EDIT: Oh my gosh, no; I didn't see that name in propogator's post until after I replied; I am in the banking bus. My husband and I have been reading this forum for a year now, but he was never into the joining and posting stuff. I just now got my own tank and I guess I'm a little more social than him:)

PS(I wasn't trying to be controversial, we have just always liked the tanks we get from them, we do turtles and stuff too)

We've ordered from them several times for the acrylic tanks with the seemless fronts in 50 gal. and up. We have always had the best service and are thrilled with our tanks. We'll always go back to them for our tanks.

+ 1

i just ordered my 40 gallon rimless cube and they we nice and helpfull. tank 120 + 75 for corner over flow and drill holes 10 for a black plexi cover for the over flow 10 for bulk heads 30 for shipping. I will have to meet a trucker in White plains, ny to pick upbut no biggy.

I went to a LFS in Hanover NJ and they wanted 300 just for the tank to over flowor holes.

I probably posted this before but i have a 65 gallon acrylic tank from them and had it up for a couple years with no issues. It's just a plain tank, no holes cut and was used as a freshy setup. I recently took it down but for an inexpensive tank with ok craftsmanship, I don't have too many complaints. I think most problems stem from custom orders but even so, I wont ever order from them again.

• 1 month later...
wow_it_esploded

Just trying to keep it alive because just like neanderthalman said, it needs to be.

I would call and record but in the state of texas you have to give the person on the other side a warning. God darn federal laws.

Ooooooh. But they couldnt do anything to me because I am a minor and didn't know better........

John

• 1 month later...

Well I just placed an order for a rimless starphire tank from them. Based on the experiences of a friend of mine who just received one of their rimless tanks, I just had to give it a shot with their prices.

I placed an order online, and within 3 hours got a call from Greg, who was very pleasant and chatted with me for a good 20 minutes. My order ended up being a 48x24x24 with 3 starphire sides, an overflow (covered in acrylic) and 2 Sch. 80 bulkheads for $607. He advised me on the placement of the overflow and we ended up going with his suggestion of having it off center to the left.

So far, it's been a drastically different experience from my original conversation with them 2 years ago. I'll report back when I pick the tank up on May 17th with pictures showing the quality of the build. For the record, this tank cost less than half of what I was quoted everywhere else.

Cool deal, that is super cheap. I can get a standard 6' x 2' x 17" tank from them for about $300. I hear their standard tanks are pretty solid.

Archived