Innovative Marine Aquariums

tried to order a custom tank..all I got was grief!

nynex

man, this is the first post i think i actually read ALLLLL 9 pages.

i would have just took a dump in the tank and sent it back

that would have been worth it to me

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sick-lidbythesea

Holy crap Batman !! :o:o

I had been eyeballing them on ebay for a replacement 180G that Ike broke. I thought I was dealing with a place called "Twin Oaks" and come to find out, the email is GC.

You guys just saved me a bunch of $$$ not to mention grief and aggravation. THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD !!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Reef Aquatics

We need to keep this thread going....I just checked their BBB rating and its F.

Basicly the worst rating you could possible get from the BBB.

Well I just placed an order for a rimless starphire tank from them. Based on the experiences of a friend of mine who just received one of their rimless tanks, I just had to give it a shot with their prices.

I placed an order online, and within 3 hours got a call from Greg, who was very pleasant and chatted with me for a good 20 minutes. My order ended up being a 48x24x24 with 3 starphire sides, an overflow (covered in acrylic) and 2 Sch. 80 bulkheads for $607. He advised me on the placement of the overflow and we ended up going with his suggestion of having it off center to the left.

So far, it's been a drastically different experience from my original conversation with them 2 years ago. I'll report back when I pick the tank up on May 17th with pictures showing the quality of the build. For the record, this tank cost less than half of what I was quoted everywhere else.

i want to see the pics.. and lol i just read all 9 as well :o i would NEVER buy from them after reading all of this... and to the guy who suggested taking a dump in the tank and sending it back GREAT IDEA :D

but it kinda sounds like this...WANT BIG TANK = good service(sucking up to get ur money) and a decent tank (most likely cause more money for them)

WANT SMALL TANK= CRAP tank RIDICULOUS service (cause not much profit for them...)

i want to see the pics.. and lol i just read all 9 as well :o i would NEVER buy from them after reading all of this... and to the guy who suggested taking a dump in the tank and sending it back GREAT IDEA :D

but it kinda sounds like this...WANT BIG TANK = good service(sucking up to get ur money) and a decent tank (most likely cause more money for them)

WANT SMALL TANK= CRAP tank RIDICULOUS service (cause not much profit for them...)

Oh I never updated this thread did I?

This is what happened:

DSCN6027.jpg

A hairline fracture resulted from them cutting the panes too quickly, which decided to split when I was stress testing the tank in my garage. I got blown off, obviously, because I couldn't prove that I didn't chip the tank myself. Not that it would have mattered, their warranty doesn't cover chips/leaks (lol).

Oh well, it was too good of a deal to pass up. If I can figure out if it's tempered or not I may use the scraps to build a few nanos, lol.

Edit: And check out the awesome silicone job :rolleyes:

You know, I'm wondering if they even used low-iron glass like they said they did? It looks awful green when you look at the edges of it.

Does anyone have a pic of a starphire tank that shows the seams really well? I realize that my glass is 1/2" thick, but still.

• 3 months later...

I'm glad I do research. I spoke with Beth about a group buy (5-8 200g+ tanks) we may reconsider. It seemed to be a great deal. I would have expected more information from her now that I know she is an owner.

-T

Tenacious716

Just read ALL ten pages, great post! Some of you people crack me up!

Anywho... I don't post much on here, but I feel compelled to say that I would never EVER deal with this HORRIBLE company again. When trying to price a rimless glass tank, I (of course) gave them a call. I spoke with Beth and she ever so UNPLEASENTLY told me that she cannot give any quotes, and that I needed to e-mail her husband. Now... funny part is, that the tank I wanted was ALREADY LISTED ON THE SITE for a solid price (around $80-100 I believe?). She basically hung up the phone on me and just for poops and giggles, I e-mailed them. A week later I got a reply saying that they do not ship glass tanks (wanna list that on your DAMN SITE BUDDY?) and that they couldnt help me.

I'm driving to Toronto on Wednesday to pick up my tank from Miracles. I will surely post a pic when I get it, but let me just tell you... so far, they are GREAT! They're even meeting me halfway (about an hour out) at no cost to save time.

FWIW, I plan on taking a picture of me smiling with my Miracles tank and sending it to good ol' Beth. :scarry:

Deleted User 6

Weets, did you get that tank built? I've gotten the glass cut locally for both my tanks now and the 9g cost $70 and the $20g cost $75. I'm wondering how much it would cost for someone to build it for me.

patrick1234
Weets, did you get that tank built? I've gotten the glass cut locally for both my tanks now and the 9g cost $70 and the $20g cost $75. I'm wondering how much it would cost for someone to build it for me.

I may know some one that can build them for you :D

I didn't.

After several problems with them, mostly involving really bad communication, I told them I would get my tank elsewhere.

• 9 months later...
If the customer had wanted "cast" acrylic, he should have

mentioned that at the time of ordering. Since we don't stock "cast" acrylic, I could

have declined his job a third time, ...

o_O they make custom acrylic tanks and don't carry cast acrylic? OMG, that right there should be enough to kill their business...

*****UPDATE*****

Today I called the Owner Tom. I tried to express to him my shear disappointment in the tank I

received and the level of customer service I had received. I told him how rude this woman Beth

was to me through the whole ordering process...He cut me off and yelled " Hey!!!! Thats my Wife!!!,

Shes not rude and she was super nice to you!!!" I said No tom she was not nice to me. On top of

which you sent me a damaged tank..I want a replacement. Ive already made a stand, top, lights

ect...for this size tank and I have livestock waiting to go into it....He said " I dont want your business

you idiot!!! ...Send the tank back and we will give you a partial refund!!!! and he slammed the phone

in my ear.

So ive called paypal and im getting them to charge back my full amount...Ive never in my life delt

with a company that was as rude and unprofessional as glasscages.

Holy crap..... I thought the first post was bad. I knew this company was garbage from what I've read about them before but this takes the cake.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW just found this conversation and first had to laugh at some of the comments and second glad I did. I have been looking at them for a rimless tank and not now.

Would still like to know how easy to build your own?

The simple fact they kept refering to you as "guy" and not "customer" says a lot about them as well.. Agree with others about Miracles in Toronto, they only produce high quality stuff and will do anything to make sure the customer is happy.

The thing that instantly turned me off about them was I found a tank on their site that was like $128. After inquiring about purchase, I was told $210 in shipping charges. That was the deciding factor for me, and this was a small 30gal tank.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I guess I shouldnt wait on my inquiry from GC and send my info along to Miracles.

I am in New York but still 9hrs away from them..............do they ship to USA without an arm/leg?

• 3 years later...

Wow.. I cant believe I started this post on my other account in 2007 and it went

on all this time..Good job guys.. We should keep going forever, so people can

see what a crappy company glasscages truly is...

I just looked at their facebook page.. interesting on how the only reviews they

have are 5 and 4 star... maybe cause they are deleteing the bad ones and the

good ones are probably fake...

Archived