Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tried to order a custom tank..all I got was grief!

nynex

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering here and saw this thread. I was checking up on GC because I was about ready to order from them. I did want to say that if they said in a letter they would accept the tank back and refund your money, thats exactly what they should do. Filing a lawsuit is just going to waste more money and time. Return the tank to them with proof of delivery, and call your CC company. IMO, PP's dispute center won't do a damn thing about something that wasn't made correctly....you wanted a tank, you got "a tank". Sucks, but thats my experience with PP.

sleeper cell?

sleeper cell?

Yeah....I joined December 27 2006 in anticipation of a GC bashing post so I could stick up for them...LOL

Nah, just a topic I've found on a LOT of forums about GC. I wanted to research who I bought another tank from, and I'm glad I did. I could care less if you think I work for or give a rats ass about GC..... I'm just glad I didn't place an order for an acrylic tank with them....a 6' extruded tank....bleh!

I lurk, read, etc...I don't post often. I've got a 75 that I'm building up, but thats not really "nano". If nano-paul gets back with me, I may end up making something...for now it's my 20l w/10g sump to keep me entertained.

you could always just order glass from nano paul

Thats what I'm doing!

Remember, we didn't even want to make the first tank.

All I can say about THIS is... I don't care if you didn't want to make the first tank. You can't half-ass a job just because you didn't want to do it.

taftonomos, we were just kidding. Their bad reputation is one of the reasons that I started my arcylic business. You wont find me running them down, but I am guilty of restating the obvious. Bad business or not I will not disrespect anyone to gain business. Once again, I was just making fun.

taftonomos, we were just kidding. Their bad reputation is one of the reasons that I started my arcylic business. You wont find me running them down, but I am guilty of restating the obvious. Bad business or not I will not disrespect anyone to gain business. Once again, I was just making fun.

Werd! :) Not sure if I posted it in the wrong forum, but it's in general...it's about my zoo's. If you have time.... :)

and PM to you about acrylic :)

So im about at the end of my rope and getting ready to file a lawsuit against glasscages.

another thing is glasscages probably runs a lot of business through Paypal and the majority of it is not charged back - so they have more leverage than you with Paypal. I mean if they tell paypal this guy is crazy that tank is fine, who do you think they will believe? just my opinion...

Sorry Uhuru you are mistaken...

Paypal Believed me....They Refunded my Money today!!

Thats why Paypal and Mastercard had me submit photos, 2 Expert Opinions,

plus the Better Business Bureau report and a sworn statement from me.

Ive submitted 2 expert Opinions on this aquarium to paypal, One of them from

NR's own the Cowkid, you want a good acrylic tank..order from him!!

Uhuru you are mistaken on how it works..Glasscages takes credit card orders.

They do not have a paypal account. (I wish they did..Then I could have just filed a dispute

and got my money back a month ago!) For their credit card orders they hire a merchant service

to handle it. Paypal told me that the GC's merchant service has had so many complaints

about GC...they dont even argue it anymore. They do the Chargebacks.

Paypal said they will fight it and even go into court over it...if need be. Also my Paypal Debt

card is owned and provided by Mastercard. Now who do you think would win in a legal battle?

I was just thinking out loud, ddn't know the whole situation with paypal - but that's good to hear! didn't sound like it was going that way from your previous posts...

way to stick it to the man

good to hear that you got your money back

i personally dont like glasscages period

dont care if its glass or acrylic

i got a 33L from them and the top trim popped off, and then the bottom trim popped off

then the tank leaked from the bottom

and their silicon job was messy

ive never seen a tank more porrly made then theirs

FateX9 did you re silicone it and leave the trim off the tank?

I keep wondering if on glass tanks under 40 gal, if you can take the trim off

and they will hold up? I mean in your case they came off because of extremely

poor craftsmanship on Glasscages part.

RayWhisperer
Paypal told me that the GC's merchant service has had so many complaints

about GC...they dont even argue it anymore.

LOL! I love that! And GC STILL claims they've never had a tank leak?!?!?!?!?!?

Man, I wish I had the intardwebz, when mine popped. I would have loved to stick it to them like this!

I was actually looking to get my 40 breeders drilled today, I was going to go to the shop in the next town over... after I was talking to a guy at work about it... guess where it turned out to be? Glass Cages... they're literally right down the road from me and I had no idea. Anywho, now I'm driving the other way towards Nashville to get it drilled there. Just thought it was funny that these people are right down the road from me and I had no idea. lol

Did you not read my 300 posts...I said in the begining that

they wanted me to pay to ship the tank back and then and only

then would they give me a partial refund minus a 40% return fee

and my original shipping. I said **** NO!!!!! You sent me a damaged

unfinished tank and I want all my money back!

So Paypal/Mastercard did a charge back and I got all my money back

and didnt have to return the tank..

So glasscages should really rethink their way of dealing with their

customers!

Im half way thinking about sending it to Scucci so he can drive by

there and throw it on their driveway going by at 50 mph...LOL

Anyone have a good video camera?....haha

I thought i remember the response they gave to bbb that they would pay to have you ship back the tank.

Ebin, I can attest from a few other folks. They want you to pay for shipping, or you have to wait until they show up at a trade show and bring it to them. Nomatter what they tell the BBB, this is the way they operate.

You seem to stick up for them quite a bit, or your playing Devils advocate. So, without re-reading everything you've posted in here. Do you have a GC tank? If you do, your probably happy with it. If that's the case, I'm glad you have a desent tank from them. Still, far too many people have had VERY negative experiences with them. From ordering, all the way through. I realize, any manufacturer will have problems. This one has WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many.

1* I was very specific about how I wanted the tank made.

2* Their website makes the company look as if they specialize in custom made aquariums.

3* So then I called the next day and this person didnt know either and said I had to email the owner Tom.

So I emailed the owner 5 times within 5 days and never heard from him.

4* The website has the tank price at $50 and no custom prices at all on the site.

They also make you believe its better to pick up your tank at one of the many trade shows they do, rather

then pay for shipping. Well the site doesnt inform you its an $85 sur charge for them

to bring your tank to a show.

5* This is understandable if its a 300 gallon tank. But for a small tank thats highway robbery..

6* I figured this would be a super easy for them..seeing that this company supposedly specializes

in custom aquariums.

7* She also told me there was an $85 charge for the wall and baffles. She said " Im taking a no nothing tank and turning into a big project for them!!! I was very confused by this?? I said I though $85 was high for that

and she started screaming at me telling me that to glue those 3 pieces into the tank was a huge

ordeal.

8* So I called and asked to talk to the owner. He was not there as usual. So this same woman Beth

gets on the phone and I try to explain to her what was wrong. She cuts me off and says" Look

you send the tank back and we will refund your money!" I said I dont want that. I want a

replacement tank!

9* We dont have the time to keep sending you tanks that you wont be happy with!. I would

like another one and I will send this one back. I already made a stand and canopy for this tank.

She then got extremely rude and said " We dont need your business!..we get thousands of tank

orders and everyone is always happy!.. Shop somewhere else!! We will refund your money minus

shipping and you have you pay to ship the tank back...I started to say is that fare I have to pay

return shipping?? and she hung up on me!!!!!

that was your first post and i have quoted 9 key points you yourself said. here is my take on what you posted in the begenning and my stance on this. I in no way am affiliated with gc but i have seen several of thier larger aquariums

1* you were specific, good job!

2* they make custom aquariums and you really wanted a "tank" (sorry it is truth)

3* 5 times in 5 days I usually avoid customers that call insessantly as they are the nit pickey ones that you really can not satisfy (gee sound familiar)

4* of course there is not custom prices on the site...the price for a custom job needs to be given when they estimate the custom order. the second part of this is the shipping/tank pickup have you ever had to lift a big glass tank? they are not fun to move this is why there is a delivery fee to take to shows and it is soo expensive to ship through a carrier. remember this company sells mainly aquariums and large ones are thier specialty (think about dentist office ect. tanks not a knock off jbj nanocube design.) you have to expect they are gonna charge you. (see #5)

5* They make the rules as it is thier business.

6* They really coulden't be bothered with a very small job for a pestering customer that will most likely never be pleased and gripes about prices when they are quoted (see #7)

7* She really summed it up do you think they needed your job to stay open and in business? For them it was a worthless tank and not worth the time to make (hence why you never got calls back when you first contacted them) you bugged them to make a tank they really did not want to make Then to top it off you tell them thier price quoted was too high. I would have told you to pound sand and laughed in your face. (again refer to #5 they make the prices along with the rules)

8* Shop owners usually are not in the shop they hire people (like beth) to run the shop. So right here day one they offered to refund the money.

9* You want a replacement tank but won't return the first one...

I think you are just as I pinned you in my response to #3 I have seen customers like you 1000 times and you all are a pain in the ass, and in my experience anyone making something for you or serving you will not put forth 100% as it will never be enough for you.

weather the tank was shotty or not the way you handled yourself was pretty unprofessional.

basically what I am saying is you are as good a customer as what you say glass cages is as a business.

screw you both

xoxo

not to mention you still have the tank! go #### yourself scammer

neanderthalman

obviously, ebin didn't look at the photos. :slap:

He didn't get a tank, he got a scratched, incomplete, extruded acrylic box. It's unsafe to even fill it with water, let alone livestock.

Demanding a refund for shoddy workmanship is hardly a scam. If GC wants the tank back, then they can pay the shipping. Why should Nynex pay for their incompetence? Understand, his situation is not unique, to the point where even paypal acknowledges that GC is a problem.

Congrats on getting your refund Nynex. Stick it to 'em!

ebin, aren't you like 15? am i confusing you with someone else?

either way, your tone is way uncalled for and i have no idea where your vitriol is coming from.

knock off the personally directed nastiness or leave.

i'd also like to add that an impartial 3rd party investigated the incident (more than you did lol) and ruled in his favor, awarding a refund. clearly nynex was the one that got scammed.

I am calling it like I see it. from the start he was offered a refund he even states it in his first post, also in gc's response to the bbb they again offered the refund but it was not good enough for him, he obviously wanted to keep the tank and get back his money.

he was quoted a price and then told them it was too much.

before this tank was even ordered there was warning signs it would go bad but still he went forth and ordered anyway.

he tells us how he had to practically beat down thier door calling and sending daily e-mails just to get them to accept the work he was asking to be done. then after getting crappy customer service he still orders the tank!

he set himself up to be let down there were so many signs not to order from glass cages but he went ahead anyway, then he refuses to work with them on getting his refund screaming and complaining till he got his refund and was able to keep the tank. essentually getting all he could.

mr anderson don't threaten me with banning when i am voicing my opinion in an open forum, there are plenty of gfy's going on around here. so go give your warning to someone that deserves it.

I have been a member here for a long time, and in the industry/hobby for even longer, I have delt with customers and been a customer myself. my opinion in the matter may not be the one of the mainstream on this subject but to threaten banning due to it is silly and more than likely not why you were made a mod in the first place.

too many here come and ##### about petco, lfs, or other shops/stores and call for an uprising when half the time they put themselves in the spot they are in, and or they plain have no experience with the company. It is silly.

oh and i am a bit older than 15 but thanks for the backhanded statement one sentence before threatening to ban for personally directed nastiness.

neanderthalman

Ebin, you may want to read the entire thread - Glasscages offered a partial refund of 40% or something pathetic like that. Not only that, they demanded that he pay the shipping costs to return their crappy tank. In the end, he winds up with nothing, and they get to keep 60% of the purchase price of the tank.

Hey, I've got a great scam for you Ebin. I'm going to sell you a car for $1000, plus shipping. Now, when the car shows up, it doesn't have an engine, and someone has keyed the hell out of the paint. You demand a refund, since all of the pictures I showed you had a flawless paint job and a complete engine. I agree, but will only give you 40% of your money back, and you have to pay the shipping, again. So, at the end of the day, I get $600 of your money, and you get nothing but shipping costs for a car you don't have.

That is precisely what happened to Nyxis. He was the victim here, and I'm certain that if GC pays for the shipping, he'll gladly return the tank.

Archived