Coral Vue Hydros

tried to order a custom tank..all I got was grief!

nynex

yes ebin, there are plenty gfy's floating around here. maybe too many, truth be told. however, they are largely playful in nature and/or somewhat fitting. in this situation on the other hand, you are clearly being serious and i'm probably not the only one who is wondering why you are flipping out without any provocation whatsoever. the OP has not attacked you in any way, yet for some reason you chime in with an extremely antagonistic post; this IS different from the normal NR GFY.

i'd also like to add that probably the most common reason for banning is that people think that since they have "been here a long time" means they can say whatever they want to whomever they want. why are you bringing up that you've been here a long time if not for that very reason?

i honestly thought i read you were 15 somewhere, and i literally admitted upfront i may be mistaken, it wasn't meant as an insult.

the warning you were sent was perfectly appropriate; your response was not. your posting privileges have been suspended for 2 weeks. you're not banned and you can log on and read, but i don't want to have to babysit you and your wacked-out posts.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i called last night and tried to get a custom tank made with a wall in the back and baffles like you did. i asked it be done on a 40 long, one of thier standard sizes. the lady on the phone (prob that witch, beth) rudely told me it would be too much trouble. i asked what the difference was between making this aquarium and a custom sump that they offer. she got ####ed off and hung up on me. this company is a joke.

Haha....she probably thinks I sent you...

Did you tell beth I said hi?? LOL

I guess some people from here and reef central have

been calling them and really telling them off..

You know they have their little spies lurking in these forums,

I think Ebin is one of them...Cause in the better bussiness bureau

report she mentioned that I was slamming them in several saltwater

forum sites.

Oh I forgot to mention, Chamber of Commerce for Dixon,Tenn.. contacted

me and said they are also taking action against glasscages.

I'd hate to say that you shouldn't take it personally... they're Dickson County folk, they just don't know any better... you finally get around to giving them indoor plumbing and the next thing you know they think they're the king of the world. I was just in Dickson yesterday doing a couple of jobs... I haven't been there in some 6 years or so, and it's the next county over! I stopped at a gas station and the ladies behind the counter were talking about how people confuse their ages... One got all ####ed off because people were saying she looked 28, when she was actually 19. The other lady said "19 but been pregnant twice", the 19 year old actually CORRECTED her and said something along the line of "I have 2 kids, but I've been pregnant 9 times". That's the people that glasscages hail from... so, like I said... don't take it personally, they just don't know any better.

As far as me not having ordered anything from GC... I don't need to. We have a 400+gal tank and a sump at work that were made by them. The tank, looks great... the sump, looks like a 12 year old wanted to help out or something. So I'm not going to say that EVERYTHING they do is terrible, I'm sure they've made some really great tanks, don't get me wrong. The reason I refuse to do business with them is because of their give a ###### attitude. From everything I've read about them they're basically saying "we'll make your tank, but if we screw up and something's wrong? Too bad...". When it comes to my tanks and more importantly, my money... I don't take chances.

I just added a link to this thread in the wamas.org thread.

I say we keep this thread going as long as we can to warn as many people

as possible...

I was surprised that Reef Central closed it...There is a mod over there that is

completely abusing his mod status. The guy acts like he is the morality police

or something..He said the post went on and on and we get the point...so he was

killing the thread..

I emailed him and said I cant believe you are closing a thread that is clearly letting

people know about how bad this company is... there were alot of people who hadnt

seen it yet..I thought this was an open forum and alot of people emailed me and

thanked me for giving them a heads up on this, cause they almost ordered a tank

from them.

and he said I dont care...you made your point already....thread closed. I thought

what a jerk..Then he closed another thread I had. Hes the reason I dont post too

much on Reef Central anymore.

No they are not....I checked...

I think this Reef Central mod thinks hes cooler then everyone else

or something cause he can close threads.

I think a lot RC mods just like closing threads and banning people, they get off on it.

Eric, you don't want that tank... It's a ticking time bomb.

I'm sure any of you who have been members here for awhile have heard my story. I even posted it on 2 threads on RC years ago.

To make a long story short. I bought a 240 glass tank from them. The tank came with wet silicone. I immediately questioned the owner Tom about it.(this was at a swap, so he personally ships them.) He assured me it was just to re-apply the plastic corners. I believed him, and took the tank home. I let it sit for almost a month, just in case. After 8 months, the tank failed. Now, I'm not talking a leak.... The entire back pane of glass separated from the rest of the tank. He wouldn't refund a dime of my money. Not in livestock, tank, damage to my house, NOTHING! The damage totaled almost $8000, add in about $2000 to $3000 in livestock, then the cost of the tank. Homeowners insurance wouldn't cover it(you need whats called a rider on your policy.) So, I'm out about $10,000 because of our good buddy Tom. I'd like to meet him in an alley sometime. I'd beat him for about $10,000 in personal injury, maybe alot more.

What an amazing crappy business. I can't believe anyone has a problem with you getting the word out seeing as how that is one of the most important reccomendations I've gotten on here or anywhere. Especially given this story...

The tank came with wet silicone...The entire back pane of glass separated from the rest of the tank...I'm out about $10,000 because of our good buddy Tom

I dont even want to think about what I would want to do to this guy if that happened to me. Dont even want to think about it.

Wow these people are a buch of jerks,this thread saved me i was going to order a tank from them to and if i have some extra money saved up i'm going to buy a recorder and tape how bad there costomer service is. Hows that for revenge :ninja:

Wow these people are a buch of jerks,this thread saved me i was going to order a tank from them to and if i have some extra money saved up i'm going to buy a recorder and tape how bad there costomer service is. Hows that for revenge :ninja:

Just make sure your familiar with the state laws about recording phone calls if you do this.

• 1 month later...

Jax did you ever find anyone? TheCowKid makes really nice acrylic tanks...PM him..

Java almost fell into the GC trap too..but thankfully he read this thread first!!!

well, I posted a thread on reef central saying that I was thinking about getting a tank from glass cages to see what peoples opions are going to be. :haha:

Yeah they stink! Glad I read your post though! I 'attempted' to have them build me a large custom starfire cube... And after waiting 2 weeks for a response to my emails without any reply, I called them. I spoke to a similar rude woman (prob same) who quoted me a very reasonable price for the setup. She told me because of its size, I should order when they came to Denver for a trade show - mid July (This was in May 07). I told her that sounded great, and to email me when they had a difinitive date for the trade show. June went by, July went by, so I sent an email in early august as to the date of thier delivery. They sent me an email simply stating "We are not going to Denver this year"... No response to any of my further emails.

Which brings us to October 07, 6 months later, and this woman called me the other day concerning my 'order', which was now hundreds of dollars more, and that she needs payment so she can get started on it!!! Needless to say, I told her to pound sand...

Archived