inTank Media Baskets

tried to order a custom tank..all I got was grief!

nynex

I certainly will never do business with them, thanks for posting. I'll be sure to steer others away too, poor customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves and this thread's got me pretty hot just reading it.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok finally I took some pics of this monstrosity...

Here is the tank on a 29 gal biocube stand..Doesnt look too bad...Notice the unfinished overflow...

944813917_cf78ab37d1.jpg

Lets look a little closer...whats this? A huge scuff mark!!

944813731_aeb0c6e5e3.jpg

oh this is nice...they rounded one end and not the other..

944813703_27688b6840.jpg

this is has to be the worst looking baffles ive ever seen!!

944813673_3536e3ea46.jpg

Another big scratch on the euro brace!!

944813831_e285f77601.jpg

Nice glue job here guys...geezzz could it be more sloppy!!!!

944813775_143aa846e5.jpg

Wow that place screwed you!

I would join as many forums and post the pics and conversations to warn other people about them... I know that i will tell everyone that I hear mention the name to turn and run.

Good luck with the refund and make sure and send a letter of complaint to BBB

bro!! im sorry to hear about your sh**ty expierence, im ####ed off for you!! and i will spread the word!!

im so very glad you posted this i have been shopping for a custom tank as well and glasscages was one of my

options!! f*** these people!!! lets hope paypal does the right thing!!

neanderthalman

You know, if you link to this thread in your sig with a catchy thread title, a lot more people will hear about your experience with glasscages.

Something like "Why you shouldn't buy from Glasscages - my own personal horror story"

here, I'll even write the BBcode for you to make it easy:

[URL=http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126515[/URL]Why you shouldn't buy from Glasscages - my own personal horror story[/URL]

just copy 'n paste that into your signature

er1c_the_reefer

a lot of acrylic companies will try to use 1 whole piece of acrylic for the side panels, which is why you have 3 rounded edges and 1 corner edge. it saves them the cost of having to cut and weld. although its a nice tank, the craftsmanship on the tank does show that they took a few shortcuts.

i'm just wondering if the scuffs and scratches are manufacturer's fault or came like that from shipping.

oh yea... if you don't want the tank... you can always send it to me. ;)

RayWhisperer

Eric, you don't want that tank... It's a ticking time bomb.

I'm sure any of you who have been members here for awhile have heard my story. I even posted it on 2 threads on RC years ago.

To make a long story short. I bought a 240 glass tank from them. The tank came with wet silicone. I immediately questioned the owner Tom about it.(this was at a swap, so he personally ships them.) He assured me it was just to re-apply the plastic corners. I believed him, and took the tank home. I let it sit for almost a month, just in case. After 8 months, the tank failed. Now, I'm not talking a leak.... The entire back pane of glass separated from the rest of the tank. He wouldn't refund a dime of my money. Not in livestock, tank, damage to my house, NOTHING! The damage totaled almost $8000, add in about $2000 to $3000 in livestock, then the cost of the tank. Homeowners insurance wouldn't cover it(you need whats called a rider on your policy.) So, I'm out about $10,000 because of our good buddy Tom. I'd like to meet him in an alley sometime. I'd beat him for about $10,000 in personal injury, maybe alot more.

texasarrowhead

I was about to buy a prop tank for them and now I will look else wheres.Thanks for the heads up.Someone should email them this thread.Customer service should come first!

that top brace is the worst looking crap I have ever seen, they could at least left off the triangles and just glued the rectangles together, but a single piece for the top wouldnt have costed them for then 10 dollars to make.

You know.. the glasscages thread on RC came to one conclusion, their glass tanks are built well, overbuild even. Their acrylic tanks are crap. Seems this echos your experiences.

-Chuck

Well, shoot... I was planning on getting @ 100gal custom tank for my water snake and something along the lines of a 200+ later on from them. Hell, after seeing that I'll just give the retarded kid down the street a nickel and some plexiglass and see what he can do... Got a feeling the results will be about the same.

If you call again, record that and link it for us here. I can add it to my wake up sounds for my alarm clock... "Concerto in the key of Douche".

Well, they just lost all future business from me either way... sure they get 1000's of customers or whatever that fat cow said, but the thing is if you get 1000 customers and only 10 of them ever want to deal with you again... then you've actually just lost 990 customers.

RayWhisperer
You know.. the glasscages thread on RC came to one conclusion, their glass tanks are built well, overbuild even. Their acrylic tanks are crap. Seems this echos your experiences.

-Chuck

Well, that depends on which thread you read.... I think there were over 300 threads on GC in the vendor experience (or whatever it's called) forum over there.

Well, shoot... I was planning on getting @ 100gal custom tank for my water snake and something along the lines of a 200+ later on from them. Hell, after seeing that I'll just give the retarded kid down the street a nickel and some plexiglass and see what he can do... Got a feeling the results will be about the same.

If you call again, record that and link it for us here. I can add it to my wake up sounds for my alarm clock... "Concerto in the key of Douche".

Well, they just lost all future business from me either way... sure they get 1000's of customers or whatever that fat cow said, but the thing is if you get 1000 customers and only 10 of them ever want to deal with you again... then you've actually just lost 990 customers.

I agree tape it and put it online. Tennessee is a 1-party consent state for recording, so you don't have to worry about any issues.

Thank you everyone for your support....Esp neanderthalman for the bbcode.

I wouldnt call the tank a ticking time bomb..LOL If it was glass I would for sure!

But they used acrylic weldon #16 on it...which will hold...Ive used it before. But it doesnt

give you the seamless look that weldon 2 part #40 gives you..and which is what GC should

be using. But the min I opened the box and see it..I know they used #16. I was P*** off

from that point on. I know someone here in Orlando who is good at acrylic and they offered

to fix the overflow, drill the holes that GC was suppose to do and didnt, and buff out most of

the scratches.

But then I just got an email from a joshua who owns I think it was acrylic aquatics and he offered

to remake the tank for me at a good price.

So I was thinking about taking a sledgehammer and accidently letting it slip out of my hand right at

the GC tank.and then putting the remains in the worst crappiest beat up box I can find and sending it

back to glasscrap.com.....if I do..I will for sure video it and post it on youtube..lol

Oh I also wanted to mention..cause someone had said that possibly some of the

damage could be from UPS...Well I guess there is a first time for everything...but

the crown jewel of all shippers that damage the most packages....UPS... honestly

for the first time didnt do any of the damage to the tank. The tank was actually

packaged very well and all the scratches and scuffs were on the inside of the tank. This

was all done when the tank was in glasscrap.coms hands.

Nynex I didn't want to comment, but I just don't want any others on here to get scuffed my gc. If you look close at your rear back so called baffel you can see that it is probably not made of cast acrylic. One sure sign of this is the big chip in the plastic and the chopping of the router blade. You will run into this if it is Ploy or Extruded acrylic. Both are looked down upon in the aquatic industry. Those plactics will yellow and crack under the lights that are used in aquariums. If a poly glue is not used the seam will fail. Poly to Acrylic is like oil and water. They will bond but for how long...... Well no one knows. Just wanted to point out one more problem. Joshua

crazydante23

You should take that crappy aquarium and smash it on tom's head while he's attending one of his shows. If not go to one of his shows and show his potential customers your tank, hehehe. I like the first idea better. Free country.

You should take that crappy aquarium and smash it on tom's head while he's attending one of his shows. If not go to one of his shows and show his potential customers your tank, hehehe. I like the first idea better. Free country.

Nynex....Not for nothing but thank you for your story. I just emailed "Tom" the following letter:

I believe this should addressed to a man by the name of “Tom”, owner of Glasscages

Yikes what a pair of horrible people. Sorta what happened to me yesterday only it was with livestock. So I bought a head of frogspawn for $10 a few months ago and it died if anyone remembered my thread and I go back to that lfs when it died and they told me I was a bad owner, my tank sucked blahblabblah so yesterday I went again and they had outrageous prices, insulted other LFS's which were clearly better than them and they told me that they sold me that piece of frogspawn for so cheap while other pieces of one headed frogspawn were at least $35 because they didn't tell me my head came from a diseased colony or whatever you'd call it and I got really angry because he told me it was my fault it died and a few months later, he admitted that it wasn't even healthy when he sold it to me so I kindly asked him to give me a discount on another piece because I thought because he lied to me, I deserved something as a compensation and he just angrily told me to go some place else and that I didn't know anything.

Tsktsk. Some businesses are just screaming to be run outta business.

Keep us updated though :o best of luck with your tank

Wow reefmore thats awesome!!!!

I thought about emailing glasscages the links to all the forums I posted the

story on. I want them to know im letting everyone know how rude and unprofessional

their company is. Talk about having no pride in your work.

Oh and by the way thecowkid is remaking my tank. If you want a quality tank go

to him. Thanks for offering to help me out!!!

Thanks to everyone else for such a strong response. I feel we all need to stick together.

Cause im afraid there are companies like glasscages, some LFS's, and others in this industry

that dont truly care about their customers. They sell shotty equipment and mistreated unhealthy

livestock just to make a buck. In the end not only does the customer suffer, but the livestock

many of it taken from their home in the Ocean...suffers too. Its not fair..and we need to run these

bad sellers right out of business!

Archived