-pinner

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PWNAGE!

The only retaliation is to cut a viewing window through the wall. :P

-pinner

LOL.......good idea. I'll try it when she's not looking :lol:

LOL good luck I've noticed sawalls are pretty loud.

I can totally envision you attempting to do it though.

buzzzzzz "hun what are you doing in there!?!"

"oh nuthin!" Buzzzzz

-pinner

That's alright. I am always making noises in the garage with all the tools. I'll hang a big portrait of the family over the viewing hole when done fingerscrossed

Wow Poookk, can't wait to see it stocked :)

Me neither. Hopefully I can start stocking the tank in 2-3 weeks :P

finally your watanabe will be FREE!

LOL.......looks who's talking, Mr. Anthias..........Yes, he'll be free and I'll hook him up with a playmate too :lol:

Did a little bit of aquascaping last night and here is what I got. LMK what you guys think.

Took a pic of the tank before the rocks went in. It really cleared up since the last shot.

IMG_0715.jpg

This is all the rocks I have so far. Some of the pieces must have weighed 60-70 pounds each. I figured I'll still need about 100-150 pounds more to finish. The basic idea is to have a main rock outcropping against the side with the overflow. A smaller and lower island will be formed to the right. I think that will give all the fish lots of room to swim in, offering them a channel to swim between the two rock mounds.

IMG_0717.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the main rockwork. I still need to add a couple of larger pieces to build it up just slightly and maybe flatten the right side a bit so it'll have a gentler slope.

IMG_0719.jpg

An additional 70+ pounds of rocks went in to the tank this past weekend and I am almost done. Just need a couple more pieces for the island to finish it off.

The left side against the overflow

IMG_0728.jpg

The right side island

IMG_0725.jpg

Haha no, as in my first name, Keiran. I like Asahi or Saporo, the kirin beer we get here is actually brewed in the US by Anheuser.

I'm digging the open look of the tank Pook. I've always been one for the open island look so there's tons of open space for fish. Has a more natural reef look in my opinion.

Can't believe how heavy some of those rocks are...just shows how big that tank must feel in person.

Haha no, as in my first name, Keiran. I like Asahi or Saporo, the kirin beer we get here is actually brewed in the US by Anheuser.

LOL.......I've actually been inside the Anheuser brewery several times (for work of course :D ) here near LA several times and was surprised to see the Kirin being bottled when I first saw it.

I'm digging the open look of the tank Pook. I've always been one for the open island look so there's tons of open space for fish. Has a more natural reef look in my opinion.

Can't believe how heavy some of those rocks are...just shows how big that tank must feel in person.

Thanks divecj5. I wanted to keep an open look b/c that's what I've always seen wherever I have snorkeled. I have a long wish list of fish to stock the tank with. Hopefully, the H&S skimmer can keep up with the future bioload. The rock pile on the left has a bunch of caves and such for fish to hide/swim through. And the back behind the rocks are completely open too.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome eductor on the SS

IMG_0763.jpg

Monster skimmer with only one Eheim running in this pic. It went nuts when the second one kicked in.

IMG_0765.jpg

Insulated the garage door during the recent heatwave.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

what a great idea....

pooka, the anthia jumped...so i guess it is free =(

i think you should hunt for a monster piece of liverock, something at least 3 feet long

Damn EZ, you need to stop pouring coffee in your tank!

Couple of tank shots with the temporary 8x54W T5HO and some corals moved over from the other tanks. Order has been placed for 3x250W Lumenmax 3 DE reflectors, couple of SLS Galaxy ballast, 4 5' T5HO reflectos, bulbs, encaps, etc.........OUCH!!! Hopefully I'll be able to really light this tank up in 2 weeks.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

move large mound AWAY from left wall of tank! better circulation and access for cleaning tools!

Only the top edge of the rocks touch the side. The bottom and back are pretty open for circulation and room for fish to swim through. I stacked the rocks that way intending to put corals against it b/c it's black anyways.

Here you go EZ. Don't know what exactly you were looking for but this is pretty much it.

Just after cleaning

IMG_0811.jpg

Double Eheim 1260's

IMG_0814.jpg

Direct feed from overflow. Yes, I know about the metal clamps.......

IMG_0816.jpg

Archived