SaltCritters.com

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Man, I am so itching for this tank to be ready but there just seems to be one problem after another, none of which tank related, that's been causing delays. I have so much to stock it with and so many plans.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, back to updates on the tank. Got the sump situated and the return pump plumbing all done. I just need to finish the drain plumbing tonight and it's ready for water.

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

Thanks Maeda. I was thinking the same thing. Why dress it up all nice sitting in the garage, as long as what's inside looks nice :lol:

EZ - this will be a full blown show tank. The only frags that will go in it are those I am growing out for display. I have a dedicated 150 gallon tub to the side that I'll use as the fuge/prop tank to be tied into the system. Remind me before RAP about the Acan. It's been so busy I may forget.

NIce system but why difernt size drains ( half inch - one incha) and what is the gate valve for?.....Draining the tank ?..waterchanges?

NIce system but why difernt size drains ( half inch - one incha) and what is the gate valve for?.....Draining the tank ?..waterchanges?

The tank came with 2 2" drains in the overflow. I had to reduce one down to 1.25" so I can tee off a 1" (gate valve) to feed the H&S skimmer directly. The gate valve gives me more precise control on the amount of flow going through the skimmer, which will impact it's overall performance.

amazing.

simply wonderful.

now how bout some water!

I can't wait.

Thanks for the compliments. Here is some water for ya :lol: The system is being leak tested and it took almost an hour and a half to fill the tank/sump :o

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Pinner Reef

Simply pimptastic... Keep the photos coming.

Note to self: After new tank buy a decent camera for yourself.

-pinner

adin - that used to be the case for me too. Just be patient and wait until after you are married, with kids, and getting old like me, then you can have a big tank :lol:

Thanks Pinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got saltwater in the system. The water was delivered on Wednesday. It took me over 2 hours to drain the system and 15 minutes for Andy from Ocean in Motion to fill it with NSW from Scripps. I am hoping to get a mixture of live and dead sand in the tank sometime tomorrow so some more pix will be forthcoming.

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals to mix 320 Gals $70.00

100gpd 5-stage RO/DI system for only $169

NSW delivery man priceless...................

Thanks Adam.

LOL spanko.........even at 100gpd, it would take more than 3 days to fill up the system. Yes, it is priceless :lol:

Finally some update.

Filter sock holder. I had the piece made by SoCalCreations and added the side pieces to hold it up myself.

IMG_0710.jpg

240 pounds of live/dead sand for ~1.5" sandbed all the way around. Some rocks will go in tonight. I'll add more sand around the rock work to make it about 2" total once all the rocks are in.

IMG_0712.jpg

nice!!!!

just a heads up, if the tank is sitting under the tracks for your garage door, you may wanna rig up something to catch grease/oil from the wheels, as it can drip when temps rise enough (or at least mine do).

Why is it in the garage? Is that your fort to get away from it all, drink some adult beverages, and hang with the guys lookin at the critters?

nice!!!!

just a heads up, if the tank is sitting under the tracks for your garage door, you may wanna rig up something to catch grease/oil from the wheels, as it can drip when temps rise enough (or at least mine do).

Thanks. I don't believe there is any grease/oil in the door tracks. The opener is shaft driven and there are wheels that move in the tracks.

Awesome update man....looks awesome. Can't wait to see it all rigged up with lights and rock :)

Rocks coming up shortly. I am hoping to have the lights rigged in about 2 weeks if everything works out according to plan.

Why is it in the garage? Is that your fort to get away from it all, drink some adult beverages, and hang with the guys lookin at the critters?

It's in the garage b/c the wife said it's too big to go inside the house :lol:

Archived