pookstreet

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

very nice kenny tell the family hello

xoxo

Right back at ya :happy:

You know, I forgot how nice your front yard is and how spacious... MNS 6!

:D

LOL..........yes it's very spacious. You haven't even seen the side and backyards. There is a covered patio and a built-in grill ;) Some day soon.........get together at pook's. Bruins are always welcomed. Just sayin.....

Had to cut down a 6' long tank to about 62" so it can fit inside the stand. So it went from 120 gallons down to about 95 gallons when it's all done. The end with the overflow box was routed off and the end piece saved to be reused. It was loud and messy, but fun :lol:

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

Wow, how did you get such a nice straight cut? Pooks must have some professional tools.

LOL.......one of my other hobbies is woodworking so I do have a lot of tools :P

Reglueing the end panel. Still need to route off much of the top bracing and install a few baffles.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Hmmm...woodworking, you say. I can't wait to see your stand wood panels then. I'm expecting some fancy carvings and pillars. It would be cool to have like a sculpture of like a guy holding up the tank on each corner of the stand. Yup, I think you should do that.

Dang Pook... 36 wide :bowdown:

Maybe you should have left it at setting level...I see an extreme case of stairing coming your way.

No wait a minute...you need a couple of Pub stools...with Pub beverages for stairing...LOL

Very Nice sir

Izzue

Hmmm...woodworking, you say. I can't wait to see your stand wood panels then. I'm expecting some fancy carvings and pillars. It would be cool to have like a sculpture of like a guy holding up the tank on each corner of the stand. Yup, I think you should do that.

LOL.......no, I may just lean a piece of plywood up against the stand to keep the dust out :lol: I've already got my hands full with the big tank and 2 kids.

Dang Pook... 36 wide :bowdown:

Maybe you should have left it at setting level...I see an extreme case of stairing coming your way.

No wait a minute...you need a couple of Pub stools...with Pub beverages for stairing...LOL

Very Nice sir

Izzue

Thanks Izzue. Yeah, I love the large foot print for aquascaping possibilities. I don't think I can sit still when I am in front of the tank. Probably want to stick my arms in there to move stuff around. Although have a few brews while enjoying the tank sounds good also :P

• 3 weeks later...

Had some free time this past weekend and I was able to get quite a bit of plumbing done on the tank. Just need to finish a couple of small pieces, put in baffles in the sump, and it's ready for water.

Attached a couple of 1" Sea Swirls to the 2 opposing corners from the overflow with velcro. Sturday enough where they won't move once water starts going through them.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

AWESOME tank Kenny! BTW, I've been to "Nevada" before, and it ain't so bad. ;)

Ahahahahaha, so true! Wusses... :P

HURRY UP AND FILL THIS TANK

Trust me, I am trying. I wished it had water already but kids happened :lol:

I put on this black backing from my LFS Total Tropical here in Upland and it looks awesome. I almost bought the regular stuff that you simply tape on but the store owner said to try this instead and I couldn't be any happier. It's call Water Colors made by Bluelife. It goes on like window tinting. Easy to apply and all I needed was some help from my wife to hang it up initially. When it was done, it looks like it was part of the tank from the beginning.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

NICE SEA SWIRLS! Black back is also looking nice :)

Thanks, I think the Sea Swirls will work perfectly in the corners. I will also have a WavySea installed as the third return. You can see where it'll be in this pic. It's still on my other nano so I can't take it off yet. It'll rotate 180 degrees for additional water movement.

IMG_0674.jpg

I also did some plumbing on the Dart with various ball valves and a union check valve. 1" ball valves will be going on the T's between the check valve and the Dart in case I want to run other equipment off the return pump in the future, such as a chiller, phosphate reactor, etc.

IMG_0672.jpg

bucknellreefer

Wow, nice little project you have going, were you ever planning to set it up like a peninsula? I ask because of the end over flow... and because my dream tank is a big peninsula!

Wow, nice little project you have going, were you ever planning to set it up like a peninsula? I ask because of the end over flow... and because my dream tank is a big peninsula!

Thanks. I actually bought the tank used but as you said, it was made as a room divider to be viewed from three sides. Unfortunately, we don't have the space for this tank in the house, so it'll be set up against the wall in the garage.

Nice Kenny! can't wait to see it running :)

Thanks dude. Me neither :lol:

A few more shots of the plumbing done so far.

The Dart with all the fixin'. Just need to finish up the sump so I can hook it up to the manifold.

IMG_0678.jpg

Closer shots of the actual plumbing for the Sea Swirls. I installed single union ball valves on each return just in case I need to take them out for service or repairs. I also used sweeping elbows from the LFSl to cut down on some of the head pressure loss. Everything from the manifold down are 1.5" pipes and then reduced down to 1" pipes going from the manifold to the Sea Swirls/WavySea.

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, when did I get that old?

Since you asked, here are a few teasers.......

DSCN8661Acan14.jpg

DSCN8786.jpg

DSCN8748.jpg

DSCN8393.jpg

DSCN8791.jpg

DSCN8667Large.jpg

DSCN8745.jpg

DSCN8740.jpg

DSCN8788.jpg

Archived