inTank Media Baskets

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

Thanks! I think it's back on 37. I'll see if I can get a new FTS up in the next week or two :)

Lies. its on 31

IMG_3981.jpg

Spectacular tank! everything is so amazing

:)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's true in most cases until they get bigger. Some of mine have really started to put on some serious growth spurts.

Mine healed over quickly from the tissue recession it had. Growth wise it hasn't done much since then, lol!

Lies. its on 31

Spectacular tank! everything is so amazing

:)

Oops.........sorry, lol. Thanks for the correction, racechase :)

Mine healed over quickly from the tissue recession it had. Growth wise it hasn't done much since then, lol!

You need to put yours in my tank and we can do an experiment :lol:

Some sick pics, your melons rock!

Thanks dude! Only look, no touching allowed! :P

^^^

LOL...

Ya I hired the CM...he makes some nice frags

hehehe.

To bad he didnt know how to ship :angry:

Izzue

D'oh! Can't do one without the other -_-

What would you call mine?? :P

How about we'll just call it MINE!!! :lol:

I just finished reading the entire thread, awesome tank. Really nice corals and fish.

Thanks Gren! Wow, even I couldn't sit still and read this whole thing. Glad I could keep you entertained.

Cant wait for mine pook!

Your thread on RC with the new flame's look amazing!

Have you ever thought about plumbing a smaller tank with your 300g?

Cant wait for mine pook!

Your thread on RC with the new flame's look amazing!

Have you ever thought about plumbing a smaller tank with your 300g?

Thanks Dave! Soon, bud. Soon! The 45G frag/grow out is plumbed in to the same system. To be honest, I don't have the energy to take care of another tank :lol:

MINES WM, LOL!!! :lol:

So what would be better, a bandsaw or a wet tile saw?? I saw one at Harbor Freight that's a cut-off type wheel that pokes out of the top surface, I dunno if those are good for cutting corals or not though. It was this model... Otherwise when I frag mine, I'm just gonna go at it with bone cutters, lol! And a scalple too of course.

That's what my kids like to say, "mines" :)

Do NOT use a wet tile saw to cut chalices. You'll lose most of it. I use the Inland wet diamond band saw. If you don't want to invest in that, stay with the good old dremel.

That's what my kids like to say, "mines" :)

Do NOT use a wet tile saw to cut chalices. You'll lose most of it. I use the Inland wet diamond band saw. If you don't want to invest in that, stay with the good old dremel.

Will do! I can see why now, the blade is rather thick on that saw. A fellow reefer says he uses that saw with good success (the one I linked) but didn't say what for specifically, probably not chalices though. With Dremal, do you cut from the flesh down, or the bottom up?

Will do! I can see why now, the blade is rather thick on that saw. A fellow reefer says he uses that saw with good success (the one I linked) but didn't say what for specifically, probably not chalices though. With Dremal, do you cut from the flesh down, or the bottom up?

The tile saw is good for cutting some thing with a thick skeleton but not chalices. Cut from the bottom up but not into the tissue. Score as much as you can and just snap the frag off. Use a pair of sharp scissors or blade to cut the remaining tissue.

How can the differance be told?? Some of these look so similar, lol!!

It is hard to tell sometimes. It does get easier as they grow bigger. You just have to know, I guess.

This is an amazing tank. I dont really like chalices but I like yours probally because they arnt 1/4 of an inch.

Thanks Pablo! I have some of those small ones too. That's how I get most of them. It takes a lot of patience to grow them out.

I think you're slipping Pook....color seems to be a little bland on that one :P

Kidding of course....how big is that guy? Hard to get a perspective of size sometimes.

pookstreet
I think you're slipping Pook....color seems to be a little bland on that one :P

Kidding of course....how big is that guy? Hard to get a perspective of size sometimes.

LOL.......I almost didn't post that pic but I was too lazy to shoot another one :lol: It does look pretty bad. I think it got a bit too much sun where it was and got sunburned. It's been moved since and has fully recovered. It's about 1" across. Slow grower so far.

BazookaJoe38.jpg

:mellow:

:lol:

Yeah, the good old days......Man, I feel old -_-

hahahahah thaz ol skool

Who you callin' "old"??? :P

pookstreet

Well, I've been both busy and lazy...........so here are some new fish pix for everyone to enjoy........

Hawaiian Flame (C. jordani) harem

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

Archived