Pod Your Reef

pookstreet's 400 gallon system!

pookstreet

Looks great!

Do the Genicanthus angels do well with all the SPS? Everywhere claims they're reef safe, but I wanted to ask someone that actually has some.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great!

Do the Genicanthus angels do well with all the SPS? Everywhere claims they're reef safe, but I wanted to ask someone that actually has some.

I've never had any issues with mine ever touching any corals in the 5+ years that I've kept them. I also have a bunch of other coral nippers in the tank right now and so far so good. Like I tell everyone who asks, I feed heavy so the fish have no need to eat the corals. It's just my take on things and works for me. But you also need to skim really heavy to pull out all the excess nutrients that are introduced.

I feed heavy so the fish have no need to eat the corals.

But you also need to skim really heavy to pull out all the excess nutrients that are introduced.

Well, I do both also, so good to know! Fantastic pictures, as always!

So cool!!! ... my favorite fish ever ... The Conspicillatus Angel!!! My LFS just got one in. They are soooo beautiful! :) Hopefully I will have a large enough reef tank one day to support one!

Well, I do both also, so good to know! Fantastic pictures, as always!

Thanks Chris. There are no guarantees but it has worked for me so far.

So cool!!! ... my favorite fish ever ... The Conspicillatus Angel!!! My LFS just got one in. They are soooo beautiful! :) Hopefully I will have a large enough reef tank one day to support one!

Well, that's what dreams are for. I was in your shoes way back then ;)

It's a beautiful fish, especially when it can be appreciated in person.

Guest TheBlueLorax

400G :o :o :o :o :o :o wow can't believe I haven't heard of you or your tank sweet tank dude :bowdown: I havent event seen a fts but I know it gone be coo what page is it on....

This is such a nice tank, I really love the size and dimensions.

400G :o :o :o :o :o :o wow can't believe I haven't heard of you or your tank sweet tank dude :bowdown: I havent event seen a fts but I know it gone be coo what page is it on....

Thanks. I've been around for a while, just haven't been very active in quite a few months. The latest FTS is in the previous page ;)

Is your Orenji grafted? I like the coloration

No, it's not, just the straight up Orenji. I've talked to others and some say that can happen sometimes but not very common.

Needreefunds

I stopped in for pictures, I leave VERY satisfied. :P

Thanks for taking the time to post up some awesome eye candy for us to enjoy Kenny.

Great stuff! B)

animalmaster6

Stunning tank!!!!!

I love your macro shots!

What camera do you have? i've been looking at the Canon Rebel T1i :)

I also love your fish shots and actual fish.

Those angels and tangs are awesome!!! I also like the Orangespotted Cardinalfish. I plan on getting 2 for my 125g.

Wow - I was just thinking about you this week and wondering what happened to you! I've been out of the hobby for about a year and just getting back in. I got so many nice pieces of SPS from you so I was going to look you up when I'm ready to start adding corals. Your tank is amazing - not so nano anymore :)

Nice to see you're still around...

I stopped in for pictures, I leave VERY satisfied. :P

Thanks for taking the time to post up some awesome eye candy for us to enjoy Kenny.

Great stuff! B)

Thanks Richie! I'll see you guys again in 6 months :P Well, probably not that long.

Wow - I was just thinking about you this week and wondering what happened to you! I've been out of the hobby for about a year and just getting back in. I got so many nice pieces of SPS from you so I was going to look you up when I'm ready to start adding corals. Your tank is amazing - not so nano anymore :)

Nice to see you're still around...

Welcome back. I am always hanging around. It would take a lot to get me out of this obsession. Good luck with your new tank build. There is nothing like experience to make the next go around better.

Stunning tank!!!!!

I love your macro shots!

What camera do you have? i've been looking at the Canon Rebel T1i :)

I also love your fish shots and actual fish.

Those angels and tangs are awesome!!! I also like the Orangespotted Cardinalfish. I plan on getting 2 for my 125g.

Thanks! I am still using the Rebel XT with the 100mm macro lense for close ups and 50mm/1.8 for fish shots. The T1i is nice. For a bit more, you can get the T2i now. Hopefully I can upgrade some day.

If you are going to get the cardinals, get a larger group, like 6-8, at least. Good luck.

Thanks for the update!

Anytime. Hope you won't have to wait so long for the next one :)

animalmaster6

Thanks!

I actually decided to get the Xsi. Might as well get a less expensive camera so i can afford better lenses.

I'll think about getting maybe 4 cardinals. I was planning on getting 2.

The reason I like the T1i and T2i is that they can take HD vids, which the older models can't. I just talked to a friend who is a Canon nuts yesterday and he said the HD quality is top notch.

animalmaster6

Hmm. I might have to think about getting the T1i again lol.

I was liking my HD camcorder. It wasn't that good but I'm getting better with it. If you get a chance check out my 125g thread. i went to an aquarium and got lots of pics and videos. They are both from the same cancorder/camera.

Archived