ReefCleaners.org

Juin21's 20 long

juin21

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My live rock is from several different locations. Adin helped pick out some of the nicer pieces. Most is from Jeff's Exotic fish, with a few pieces from Aquarium Works and Pacific Reef in Torrance.

GrandeGixxer

I think it would drive me nuts not having equal lighting coverage on the tank. Other than that, the tank looks awesome. Have you thought about putting another 150 HQI up there?

To each their own. :) I like my light the way it is. It's also better for some of my coral and my livestock. 2 x 150 watts would be nice, but I have no space for 2 at the moment. Maybe later, but right now what I have set up is perfect. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. It creates an effect of an infinite background and my corals seem happier, time will tell!

If you look at my frog spawn on the left, there is a 10 watt 50/50 bulb RIGHT ABOVE it, but the pictures makes it look black. The contrast of my camera is not that great. The tank in real life looks much more evenly lit.

Pacific Reef has AWESOME rock. That's what's in my tank right now. Already cured and cycled too which is a nice bonus!

Problem Aiptasia is GONE! A few of my corals were being stung with Aiptasia so I got some Aiptasia Control from Blue Vet. Worked like a charm! Aiptasia is gone. I was a little hesitant on using Aiptasia Control, since I had not heard about it but the guys from Pacific Reef said it was the same as Joe's Juice. Seems they were right so far. I'll check again tonight to see if the pests are truly eradicated :)

Full maintenance day yesterday.

1. Endless siphon for 30 minutes.

2. Fed my coral Cyclopeeze with a sea squirt.

3. Fed my fish.

4. Used Aiptasia Control.

5. Did a 25% Water Change.

6. Dosed my tank with B-Ionic.

7. Checked on my tank 4 and then 12 hours later to make sure everything was ok.

Total time: 70 - 80 minutes. Then went to see Harry Potter at MPark4 in K-town...(sans the checkup times)

Problem Aiptasia is GONE! A few of my corals were being stung with Aiptasia so I got some Aiptasia Control from Blue Vet. Worked like a charm! Aiptasia is gone. I was a little hesitant on using Aiptasia Control, since I had not heard about it but the guys from Pacific Reef said it was the same as Joe's Juice. Seems they were right so far. I'll check again tonight to see if the pests are truly eradicated :)

I love that aiptasia control. It seems like it works better than joes juice. Its like it gets real sticky and sticks to the aiptasia better. Tanks looks good!!!

Light looks very cool on your tank!

My set up is starting to come together now

My tank and locline are in the mail for a friday delivery. your lights and the sand are here at work.

My Mantis is being held till the tank is up and running

I have my 2 Maxi-1200's at home I just need some live rock and a skimmer!

:)

Just have to get those lights of yours mounted under my cabinet

I got that same thing from Pacific Reef but I haven't used it yet. Let me ask you. Did you squirt the liquid into the pests mouth? How close do you need to put that little syringe thing to the mouth?

What I did was I got as close to them as I could without having them withdraw. Then I slowly dosed them. Once they started to withdraw, I followed them then squirted them as I kinda scraped the area around them with the tip of the needle. It worked great, so far none of the Aiptasia I've dosed have returned. Hey Cesar, do you still want to car pool with me and Brandon?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived