SaltCritters.com

Juin21's 20 long

juin21

tiepilot68

Wow..... i read your post from front to back. Amazing tank! An inspiration to me for sure!

Wonderful!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tie! Here's a pic of the new table I got with the American DJ. I also have my bonsai, microscope and abalone shell box which holds a laser pointer so I can point to stuff :)

Chiller_With_Table.JPG

Laser pointer is a must have for guests! Without it people have NO CLUE what the hell there looking for.

Conversation without a laser pointer:

Me: "Hey guys check out my new plate coral!!!"

Buddy: "uhmm...what exactly am I looking at"

Me: "The blue and pink coral, its called a Dessert Plate Coral!"

Buddy: "you mean that thing crawling around?"

Me: "Uhm....thats my hermit crab..." :slap:

tiepilot68
Laser pointer is a must have for guests! Without it people have NO CLUE what the hell there looking for.

Conversation without a laser pointer:

Me: "Hey guys check out my new plate coral!!!"

Buddy: "uhmm...what exactly am I looking at"

Me: "The blue and pink coral, its called a Dessert Plate Coral!"

Buddy: "you mean that thing crawling around?"

Me: "Uhm....thats my hermit crab..." :slap:

LOL omg.

I think I just might have to get one then. :lol:

Hey, that table fits just perfectly over your Prize Chiller (lucky bastage!) looks great :)

Ok, just picked up some knew Acan's from Fraggle. Pic's will be up!!!

stop wasting the internet with posts like this. thanks!

Wow! Jeez thanks ADIN, i'm going to report you to the REAL MOD!!! :P

Anyhow, where are the FTS of your tank?!?!? Oh wait, what tank!!!

Ok, here you go.

First up is...

Aussie_Acan_Raspberry_or_Dragon_Eye.JPG

Raspberry or Dragon Eye

Second up is...

Aussie_Acan_Techni_Color.JPG

Techni Color

Third up is...

Aussie_Acan_Ultra_Blue_Center_Rainbow.JPG

Ultra Blue Rainbow (rainbow portion should hopefully grow out!)

Ok, just totally redid my pipe work. I took out the two Stockman pipes and replaced them with 90 degree angle pipes. One pipe is longer then the other pipe. The shorter pipe is attached to a ball valve. The longer pipe is a safety if the ball valve gets clogged. With this setup I HAVE NO BUBBLES in my sump and there is virtually NO NOISE. I made extra sure to keep the water level in my overflow box as close to the teeth as possible. So far i'm VERY happy with the setup. :)

Ok here are pic's of my overflow box. The one on the left is completely submerged. I closed off the "shorter pipe" a bit more so I can get a bit more water into my refugium. This led to a few more micro bubbles but not much! I'm loving this setup since I don't need a sock to trap all the crazzzzy bubbles I had in my sump before.

90_degree_top_pipes.JPG

My overflow surface skimmer box.

insump_refugium_on_right.JPG

My new pipe setup in my sump. Notice only a small amount of bubbles have formed. You can tweak it where you can get virtually NO bubbles.

Well long story short. I made my own skimmer. Bra Bra said it wouldn't work. 1.5 days of skimming resulted in this :)

myskimmer.JPG

pee water with some "skimate" at the lip and in the cup. Not the best but sure is great for free. It was SOOOO EASY to make.

I noticed that when i stopped down on one of my down pipes my safety would produce mad bubbles. I thought, well shoot if i could trap the bubbles and figure out a way to stop the bubbles from releasing into my tank I'm set.

My first design was very complicated and had a u with a smaller pipe fed at the end and a t slip joint with another set of u pipes...yada yada yada.

It didn't work :(

I went with a simpler design and gave it a day and it works :)

I'm still making some mod's to it, such as using a funnel instead of a Styrofoam cup, but it's looking good!

Yep, my reaction chamber so far is the down pipe from my overflow box, u tube pipe and lastly a styrofoam cup, which i used to see if it would work before I got plastic fittings.

Here are the new fittings i got from home depot. I'm using the skimmer cup from a sea clone 150. I'm sure you could make your own collection cup easily with a pipe and a plastic cup. The fittings are from storm drains i think...i'm not sure. Strangely enough everything fit EXACTLY!

Here's the three pieces:

3newfittings.JPG

1. seaclone cup, you can make one from a plastic cup and pipes.

2. black storm drain thingy...

3. black storm drain bushing...

3newfittings_combined.JPG

Combined all three. I tested the system before I took the pictures, you can still see some of the skimate in the cup from the testing. I tested for like 5 minutes, works great!

Archived