Top Shelf Aquatics

Juin21's 20 long

juin21

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here's my skimmer running with the new fittings. I also put in an extra ring to raise the container up 1.5 inch's. After around 8 hours the skimmer cup looks like....

New_fittings_raised_.JPG

I'm just glad it worked ;) I just want to thank Adin for saying he though it wouldn't work, which motivated me to prove his a** wrong!

I think i'm going to run a little experiment with Adin's Tunze 9010 and test the T.D.S. in the chambers of the Tunze and my D.I.Y. skimmer. Should be fun ;)

i'm scared! :(

anyone want to loan us a TDS meter? :)

Us?? lol

I gots a spare, $5!! :D Wait, actually I can give it to you due to terms discussed in recent PMs and such. ;)

tds don't work in salt water -.-

hmmm....I guess if i leave it in the skimmer cup long enough it would break down into nitrites and nitrates and test for that...

Any ideas?

I think mine is skimming really well because its collecting water from the surface skimmer. I'm pretty happy with it right now :)

Ok just got a green with blue tip cap yesterday. Hopefully the polyps will extend tonight so i can take a photo of it. I guess i should also take another photo of the red robot acan I have as well, since its hot :)

Archived