Pod Your Reef

Juin21's 20 long

juin21

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, awesome tank Juin. I'd love to learn more about your recent lighting and possibly some pictures of how you have it in the hood. I recently picked up a slightly used 150W Sunpod. The catch is it is 30" which is great for sitting on the edges if I want, but does not leave much room for supplimental lighting on the sides.

The Sunpod is 8 inches wide and I was thinking about placing two of those Current PowerBrites right in front of the Sunpod in the hood end to end so that I have Actinics spanning the length of the tank. They will all be in the front, but I think it could work.

How are you liking that Phoenix 14K with those PowerBrites?

Thanks Juin, again ,great looking tank.

Hoss

• 1 month later...
Wow, awesome tank Juin. I'd love to learn more about your recent lighting and possibly some pictures of how you have it in the hood. I recently picked up a slightly used 150W Sunpod. The catch is it is 30" which is great for sitting on the edges if I want, but does not leave much room for supplimental lighting on the sides.

The Sunpod is 8 inches wide and I was thinking about placing two of those Current PowerBrites right in front of the Sunpod in the hood end to end so that I have Actinics spanning the length of the tank. They will all be in the front, but I think it could work.

How are you liking that Phoenix 14K with those PowerBrites?

Thanks Juin, again ,great looking tank.

Hoss

ECk, sorry for such a late reply. I just recently got a new job and working crazy hours. The Phoenix Bulb is great! The powerbrigts are ok, but the phoenix is bluer and you can tell. If you went with a whiter bulb, the white powerbrites would blend in more. :)

after seeing those zaos I need to hit up adin and make shopping for the girlfriend alot easier.... them be Gorgeous zoas

Is Adin still around, he got a new job too and working crazy hours also.

• 5 months later...
Your tank is amazing! Is it still goin' strong??

Its still going!! I'm battling this black slime stuff, but I'm hoping it will eventually clear up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The tank is top notch. I'm thinking of moving up to a 20g long soon as well your threads been a big help. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words!

• 1 year later...

Archived