ReefCleaners.org

Micromussa Thread...

MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef
ive got another question about these guys. how do they create new polyps? i was under the impression that they create completely new baby polyps but from the pictures above it looks like they create multiple mouths per polyp and then divide from there.

IME, they sprout 2-3 separate babies at a time...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm this I just had my single head of Saturn micro out and was looking it over and sure enough 3 new heads all popped on the same side and the same size.

Does anyone have an actually pic of these grown out and covering some space??

I really wondered what these tiny bundles of joy would look like in a large reef.

Marvin where do you get all your micros. Local, other forum people or online stores..Id like to find some more. I got one rock of 14polyps of blueberry micros and thats all i have as of now

Marvin where do you get all your micros. Local, other forum people or online stores..Id like to find some more. I got one rock of 14polyps of blueberry micros and thats all i have as of now

blueberries are nice i am sure you could find someone to trade with you for some.

Also a few websites are starting to carry them mind you they are not cheap.

Myself i purchased around 10-12 different morphs and now use them to trade for stuff I do not have yet :)

i dont really trade though...LOL

I horde...although I might start fragging some of my crap to make some money. I got a few acros that are BIG and could make a few frag packs and maybe frag 1 or 2 polyps off my micro rock.

I posted it a few pages back but here is a crappy pic. since I have taken this about 4-6 babies have popped out

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/05X...nk/IMG_3130.jpg

Don't fight it dude--I heard that they've done tests---and they are more addictive than cocaine, heroin or nicotine.

Soooo true! :lol:

MarvinsReef

I'm blessed to live local to some of the micros addicts so when I see them locally, I normally buy or trade some.. I've bought and traded a few pieces online and on different sites as well...

I need to take some "chill" pills so I can relax on collecting.. LoLz.. :lol:

there is a local guy that has TONS of micros, all kinds. Its just he wants 75-100 per polyp. There have been a few online vendors I seen selling 10-12poylp rocks for $100

I would jump on 10-12 polyp rocks for $100 if i were you.

If those look like some of the ones seen in this thread then that is a super deal.

The cheapest i have paid so far was $50 a head. max being $99.

But i love the little buggers and they grow so fast that i can deal with getting raped on cost.

i cant remember what site it was for teh rock..they where not as cool as some on here but not bad lookin

everything i feed my fish.

Krill, mysis, cyclo, and if you want to see your tank go Ape Shyt Sally's saltwater multi-pack.

I take a bit of each cube and mix it together.

even my FL. rics go nuts for the stuff in that pack

The non-Indo micros/acans are more expensive than Indo micros/acans so you'll see the price difference depending on where they're coming from. Also, price will change with species (e.g. Micromussa amakuensis costs more than M. minuta for instance).

Picked up a polyp of this one this past weekend.

D2X_7424.jpg

Looks very similar to something else that I have in the tank...

Jon in SW Ohio

I've only got 2 so far, gonna have to get more though obviously...

Here's my Orangey Micro, kinda washed out from the actinics:

IMG_3344.jpg

A true color shot from above without actinics(older pic, bottom right):

129_2913.jpg

And the classic Spiderman type:

IMG_3336.jpg

man these micro's are TOUGH little guys.

I fragged my rock of micros lastnight to sell in a frag pack. One head I cut about 1/4 of it off. After like 2min back int he tank its sweepers where out and all like nothing happened to it.

My tiger Eyes under the MH!

thefamily2007006.jpg

They just moved from PC to MH and let me tell you i will never turn back to PC's now

Yeah, there's a huge difference b/w PCs and MH.

Got some more new micros this week from a member in this thread. ;) I'll get around to photographing those a bit later. I also picked up a couple polyps of rainbow and pink lemonade today. Didn't get to shoot the rainbow, but here's the pink lemonade.

D2X_7521.jpg

Yeah, there's a huge difference b/w PCs and MH.

Got some more new micros this week from a member in this thread. ;) I'll get around to photographing those a bit later. I also picked up a couple polyps of rainbow and pink lemonade today. Didn't get to shoot the rainbow, but here's the pink lemonade.

D2X_7521.jpg

aww are you the one who won that ebay auction the other day....I was bidding on that pink lemonade as well..LOL

aww are you the one who won that ebay auction the other day....I was bidding on that pink lemonade as well..LOL

It was pretty much a no brainer for me at that price. I just put a price on it that I was happy with and expected it to ride much closer to it. It wasn't even close. :lol:

I think he lists them pretty regularly, but they don't always turn up well. Some other person, on RC, also ordered from him and received some which weren't in the best conditions. You can read about it here.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1127305

Here's another feedback on the seller.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1124764

Tread with care. Just seems like I got lucky with mine.

Archived