Coral Vue Hydros

Micromussa Thread...

MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

some others that I've had for a while but haven't had a chance to post pics.. :)

Saturn

Saturn_05-02-07P.jpg

Saturn Flash

SaturnFl_1P.jpg

Chocolate Fondue

ChocFondue_05-02-07P.jpg

Fwap (new aquisition)

Fwap_05-02-07P.jpg

Fwap Flash

FwapFl_1P.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef

nice for you to join us Prop.. any updated shots on those guys?

what can I say... FWAP!

LoLz, my friend named it appropriately, didn't he?!?

The Propagator

And thi s is what I had thought was a Favia but has recently been ID'ed as a Micromussa minuta.

RedFavites.jpg

got these from my main man Marvin !

Micromussas2.jpg

Shouldn't you carve those red ones out of the skeletons? I haven't ever had luck when they grow like that. They get trapped in little prisons. I carved the sides down and they did great.

Just send them to me and I will take care of it.

ssirishpride

i think within a year or so i am gonna have to get on board the micro train. this guy locally runs a shop out of his house and he is really into micros. everytime i see them i can't believe the color varitions that exist.

i think within a year or so i am gonna have to get on board the micro train. this guy locally runs a shop out of his house and he is really into micros. everytime i see them i can't believe the color varitions that exist.

They are very cool. They are just crazy expensive. I can't believe some of the prices I have paid for a box that weighs 1lb!!!

The guy I have gotten them from--doctor64776 on RC---he's the best seller ever. I get my ass whooped by coral sellers all the time--but he's like a coral concierge!!!

ssirishpride

i was checking out these micros at his shop and my wife almost bought one for me cause she loved the color so much. that was until i said "ummm thats a colony he's selling, not just one indy. animal" her reply was priceless cause i never tell her what i really spend on this hobby. "so like $40 right?" i just couldn't tell her. i would ruin my perfect setup i have going.

what can I say... FWAP!

Man put me down as interested in a couple of heads of that bad boy.

what can I say... FWAP!

I had to re-read this---cuz the first time I thought the FWAP sound came from my shorts.

i was checking out these micros at his shop and my wife almost bought one for me cause she loved the color so much. that was until i said "ummm thats a colony he's selling, not just one indy. animal" her reply was priceless cause i never tell her what i really spend on this hobby. "so like $40 right?" i just couldn't tell her. i would ruin my perfect setup i have going.

You need "man-money". And definitely don't get her concerned about micros yet. Micros should be held for the ultimate in sneaky spousal embezzlement!!!

You need "man-money". And definitely don't get her concerned about micros yet. Micros should be held for the ultimate in sneaky spousal embezzlement!!!

Preach on brother..... Preach on!!

My Micro purchase is useally followed by the phrase "hey did you see Macys is having a sale!" lol Works everytime

Actually, just tell her that colony is indeed $40, so that next time you come home w/some, she'll think that's all you paid for it. :lol:

05XRunner

Here is my first rock of Micromussa

I know they are not as sweet as the ones posted here. I only paid $30 for this rock of about 13polyps on it.

IMG_3130.jpg

Nice--Ol' rotten teeth let that one out, huh?

That's a great deal for $30!

Are they that blue or is that the lighting helping out?

no they are that blue...no i dont deal will with dave

Green teeth calls the shots--your guy still has to answer to el toothe verde.

They are nice dude---$30??? You finally gave the "F" back to the LFS!! Good job! I will buy that off you for $31.

05XRunner
Green teeth calls the shots--your guy still has to answer to el toothe verde.

They are nice dude---$30??? You finally gave the "F" back to the LFS!! Good job! I will buy that off you for $31.

LOL...

Yea I like them. They looked kinda bland in the store

The Propagator

I usualy find alot of nice corals that way.

They look like crap under the stores lighting I can usualy tell what they will look like under my lighting before I guy.

When I get them home under my own lighting in less than two weeks its like angfels are singing

"Ahhhhh AAAAAAAAHHHH" LOL!!

Thats a BIG BIG reason I buy 98% of my stuff retail too.

There is nothing like being able to see before you buy in PERSON. ;)

what can I say... FWAP!

You know how I am lately Marv.

LAZY !!! LOL!

Right now they will probably look like "KWAP" because I was worried about keeping them in my problem tank at the moment. ( my 100 :()

I have been keeping them under 2x96w PC's in my 29 for the time being.

Here is my first rock of Micromussa

I know they are not as sweet as the ones posted here. I only paid $30 for this rock of about 13polyps on it.

IMG_3130.jpg

So I go to my local LFS and they have a nice 17-20 polyp red micromussa. I ask what the price is, and they tell me it's $500 smackers! OUCH! Needless to say, I left the store empty handed! :(

Ummm.....ME WANT SOME MICROS

Marvin or anybody PM me...I'll see what $ i can scrounge up.

^^Yeah, $40 a polyp is so typical :(

Whoever started the micro trend needs to be hung...they are awesome but way too costly :(

05XRunner
And thi s is what I had thought was a Favia but has recently been ID'ed as a Micromussa minuta.

RedFavites.jpg

Prop since you found out those are Micro.

I have this rock. its like 100% identical to yours. Just different colors. I thought they are favites. Are they actually micro like what you got?

IMG_2796.jpg

Archived