Top Shelf Aquatics

Micromussa Thread...

MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

this one I'm really liking... :)

Cherry_1P.jpg

CherryCl_1P.jpg

and this is what Independence micro looks in my tank.. I've had this for a while and now have close to 10 heads... :D

IndependenceP.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef
one nice collection you have going Marv!

Thanks.. I'm just trying... :)

small tank means more streamline and more selective on what I put in it.. :)

Tell me about it my AP12 is so full rite now i had to go get soapdish holders to put my fresh cuttings in lol.

MarvinsReef
Tell me about it my AP12 is so full rite now i had to go get soapdish holders to put my fresh cuttings in lol.

LoLz.. :lol:

as soon as I think I'm gonna have more room, an opportunity seems to present itself to get even better corals that I really like or have been looking for... for a while... :)

newjerseynano

05runner, yours look like favia imo cuz of the fused polyps/skeleton, but i dont kno anything about micros so go figure.

The Propagator

Hell it could be 05XRunner.

Who knows.

all I know is it "HAWT" LOL!

But seriously though look at the polyp shape compared to yours.

Mine are full and you can barely see the skeleton underneath connecting them.

They also have seperated walls ( not fused together)

It looks that way in the pic but they are actualy fleshy and poofed out a little.

Not nearly as much as they usualy are though.

Two "experts" have Id'ed it as a favia AND a micro minuta.

Since solid red favias are very rare to see, one of them suggested it was a minuta ( or was it dimianuta?) because they are found in solid vivid colors.

He also says that minuta and favias are very comonly mistaken for eachother?

Like I said though I am completely new to micromussa so I realy have no ideas formed on experience with them or any background with them at all.

Just what I have read and seen.

:)

05XRunner

yea i have no idea as well. I am thinking its just a favia like i originally figured.

I only have the one micromussa rock i bought yesterday and that was my first. I am sure I will get more.

circusordie16

just a quick question about micros. are they aggressive at all? if they are, how much room do they need around them?

MarvinsReef
just a quick question about micros. are they aggressive at all? if they are, how much room do they need around them?

IME, they are not aggressive at all... keep them away from echinos, torches, frogspawns, and corals that have sweepers... they don't like getting sting..

good luck..

circusordie16

my first micro. not too fancy but i like it. the colors dont come through quite right but im working on that. what do you guys feed yours? mine got a hold of some krill today and managed to eat a piece as big as the polyp itself.

5-13-07006.jpg

circusordie16
Pretty cool looking.. what color is the center

haha excellent question. purpleish and greenish? i dont really know what to call the colors this thing is.

MarvinsReef

Nitro micro... I'm sorry for the blue pic.. it's on a weird angle so the pics always turned out so blue... I'll get a better pic of it when I get some time to move it to a different area for photo purpose..

Nitro_05-16-07P.jpg

Nitro_05-16-07CLP.jpg

Sometimes when I am waiting to see the pics---it feels like riding a rollercoaster. I have a sickness.

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Damn pics are blurry.

IMG_3743.jpg

any of those the ones you got for cheap up at elmers

I wish! I traded my man Jeff---I gave him some Sunset monti and I got 6-8 heads of red/green micro---but nothing like these. These are bonafide "cost me an arm and a nut" micros.

circusordie16

mvite i really like those white, purple, and green ones.

heres my new micro, an orange and white one and a picture of my bluish micro eating lunch.

orangemicro.jpg

bluemicro.jpg

MarvinsReef
Sometimes when I am waiting to see the pics---it feels like riding a rollercoaster. I have a sickness.

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

Damn pics are blurry.

IMG_3743.jpg

HOTTNESS!!!

Nitro micro... I'm sorry for the blue pic.. it's on a weird angle so the pics always turned out so blue... I'll get a better pic of it when I get some time to move it to a different area for photo purpose..

Nitro_05-16-07P.jpg

Nitro_05-16-07CLP.jpg

I keep telling my self not to like micros b/c they cost so much, but pics like this make me want them so bad! :angry: Great pics Marv!!!!

Does anyone have a shot of them decorating the tank?

I struggle with these puppies because while they look so cool----you can't tell unless you are right next to them.

I feel that micros are a "hold in your hand and admire" type coral---but that may just be because I have "the tubs".

They are just so damn tiny---

I agree, does anyone have a shot from farther away of a large colony? Ive never seen a colony over 50 polyps, it would be cool to see one with a few hundred$$$$$

MarvinsReef
I agree, does anyone have a shot from farther away of a large colony? Ive never seen a colony over 50 polyps, it would be cool to see one with a few hundred$$$$$

man, that'll be awesome to have 50+ heads of some nice micros... I plan to have somewhat close to this size colony sometime next year... ;)

here's the closest I've gotten... both were about 30 heads... I'll try to get a farther shot of my main colonies of micrs.. you know it's also relative to what size tank you have... for my 32g, they don't seem to look too small if you have atleast a 15-20 heads mini colony.. :)

UFO_04-24-07P.jpg

StardustCloze1P.jpg

circusordie16

ive got another question about these guys. how do they create new polyps? i was under the impression that they create completely new baby polyps but from the pictures above it looks like they create multiple mouths per polyp and then divide from there.

Archived