Cultivated Reef

Qwank's new 24g nano cube!

Qwank

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a great video of the two! I have always had small pistol shrimp, but that is amazing how much sand the larger ones move at a time.

That is a great video of the two! I have always had small pistol shrimp, but that is amazing how much sand the larger ones move at a time.

how big/small do they get? hes only about 3/4" same with the Goby

how big/small do they get? hes only about 3/4" same with the Goby

I have always gotten the red striped ones that pair up with the smaller gobies ... I guess the shrimps only get about 1/2" max. My red striped pistols have never paired up with my watchman that I have ... they always paired with the smaller gobies (red banded gobies, yasha, etc). I might consider getting a larger pistol like yours to go with my watchman.

Here is a picture of an old pair I use to have. If you have seen a hi-fin red striped goby before, then you can get a good idea of the size of the shrimp:

IMG_3340.jpg

wow thats a nice pair. i was looking at those gobies too. the YWM was the least expensive though, and i dont like spending a ton on fish, just in case

I took the 12g down today. its getting sold tomorrow :(

Sad day. I think my 40 is going bye-bye too. Going to suck but two tanks is going to be too much I believe. Just when it's starting to get like I want it too.

Sad day. I think my 40 is going bye-bye too. Going to suck but two tanks is going to be too much I believe. Just when it's starting to get like I want it too.

thats how i was feeling, its just easier with one. plus i have the pico going now too. which is good because i had no where to stick my purple psuedo becuase the girl that was supposed to take him didnt show up today.

That sucks, any idea what happened? I've lost 3 fish since I set the 90g up last week, 2 to the overflow and 1 disappeared this morning.

i have no idea. i think just stress. when i put it in the new tank it let go of the rock and left it foot behind. i always heard, once they loose their feet, they die shortly after.

this morning it was retracted into its shell so i knew something was up, and about an hour ago i saw all my hermits migrating towards it and they all climbed on it and started picking. when i caught my female clown inside of it picking i yanked it out.

it was still responsive so i felt bad. but you could see right into the intake and out the other side, so it had some flesh missing. its outside right now rotting on my deck.

My 12g Nanocube is Sold! i put the rest of the live rock from the 12g into the 24g. i'll update pics later

thanks for the tank bro! :) its set up I'll post pics on this and bostonreefers forum tomorrow!

awesome! email me if you have anymore questions

• 4 weeks later...

the Damsel randomly died today. WTF? i thought they were bullet proof? he was fine this morning. when the lights came on, i didnt see him. i found him in a rock with a hermit chomping on him.

thats my first fish death in over 2 years. i figured the purple Pseudo that i condemned to my pico would die before anything else. but hes been in there for almost 2 months and still alive, although i'm sure he isnt happy.

Archived