Cultivated Reef

Qwank's new 24g nano cube!

Qwank

wow! did I forget to update this when i got the RBTA? I guess i did.

anyways added one a month ago. woke up this morning to this:

anemones.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the tank is running alot hotter then my 12g used to. the tank hit 84* today. so I put an A/C in the window next to the tank. I was going to buy a chiller but I dont want to go through the trouble of hooking and up and, oh yeah. they are expensive. at least the A/C will cool the house too and not make it hotter.

I also installed an MJ900 today, which is only 9.5 watts as opposed to the 16 watts of the stock pump. I think flow is only 20gph less but it don't notice the difference.

also added ANOTHER Saphire damsel, hopefully this one dosen't die, and also added a purple feather duster. same look as my old cocoa worm but a fraction of the cost.

Pics tomorrow.

Tank looks happy Jay

B)

thanks. its a little too happy. some of the coral is getting out of control. i had to take the Monti off the frag rack because it was growing so good it started encrusting onto it. I seriously needto do something about the mushrooms.

• 7 months later...

any updates bro? still plans to go 150w HQI? im about to do this and iim weaghing out the ideas of puting it inside the stock hood or just going open top

Archived