Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

What are you talking about? W hat is your "turd ferguson" ? I hope you don't call your child turd ferguson. If that nickname sticks with him then it would be rough. LOL

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seahorsejl
Here's my Hifin. It's very apparent what he's thinking.

HiFinGoby.jpg

:lol: That is a fantastic picture (even without the caption)!

Good topic, awesome fish!

My Yellow Watchman (he hasnt started hanging out w my pistol, and its been a month!!!)

l_867553e9ed62dc7bc59fc7e7c2036d08.jpg

Yellow Headed Sleeper Goby

l_5a023e2648f2bc909b2b50abb02d2b07.jpg

Blue Clown Goby (hard to get pics of this little dude)

livingroomtank095.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking gobies everyone.

this might be off topic but it kinda has to do with gobies. i currently have 2 cleaner shrimp in my 29gal bio cube. can i add a pistol shrimp goby pair or will the pistol take out the cleaners?

thanks for your time.

I just snapped a few pictures of Trimma tevegae (or Trimma caudomaculatum) in my cube yesterday. I'll upload the pictures later today. Been searching for this fish for about 4 years now and I practically stumbled upon it.

You should really enjoy that tevegae. I've had mine for almost 2 years now. Some of their swimming techniques are very interesting.

You should really enjoy that tevegae. I've had mine for almost 2 years now. Some of their swimming techniques are very interesting.

As in, upside down, or vertical? :)

He's great. I've been keeping Trimma spp. for the last 4 years now, just never got my hands on one of these. Where did you get yours?

He'll perch upside down, but he likes to swim looking straight up. Apparently they typically live in caves, so I guess they're used to looking up for food. I had my LFS keep an eye out for Trimma's whenever they placed an order and they finally got one for me. It just happened to be a tevegae.

Yup! Here's a shot Charles Delbeek posted online recently. You can see the T. tevegae group near the top of the wall...doing that thing. :D

fukushima_1_896.jpg

Attached thumbnail is the one in my tank.

And, well, you'll all have to forgive me because it's not a goby, but he doesn't get much larger than one (3"). And judging by some pictures here, he's more reef safe than a Yellow Watchman... :D

sebastapistes_116.jpg

This one's not my pic, but by Dr. Tanaka, Tryssogobius colini. Haven't been able to get a group of these yet.

a-goby-4cm_146.jpg

I thought this was a nice shot of my Trimma goby. It could be sharper, but I like it regardless.

Trimma.jpg

Another shot of the Trimma.

Trimma6.jpg

thankyou. you work at steinhart? me and my girlfriend are still planning on going there, we live in richmond

Yup! You know where we're located now?

from what i heard, youre at a temp location, which isnt as impressive as the original location.... is it worth the admission fee?

Trimma tevegae

Those are great shots, especially coming out of the cave. It's hard to photograph such a small fish!

from what i heard, youre at a temp location, which isnt as impressive as the original location.... is it worth the admission fee?

Eh, hard to say. I didn't work here when we were at the old location, so I don't know. When we move back to GG park in Oct 2008 we're going to have the world's largest reef tank (200,000 gallons). Right now we have a 20,000 gallon reef that is one of the largest in the country, and definitely worth a visit. :)

Archived