SaltCritters.com

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
watchmen.jpg

YWG1.jpg

Sorry to go a little off topic here, but what kind of black sand are you using there? And does it get dirty easily? I'm just curious it looks really great!

sorry this is not really about the topic and not really hi-jacking your thread. Do you guys keep a close lid? I'm planning to get a yellow goby but my tank have an open top.

sorry this is not really about the topic and not really hi-jacking your thread. Do you guys keep a close lid? I'm planning to get a yellow goby but my tank have an open top.

I keep a closed lid. As it is, I have had to fish my orange spotted guy out of the back chambers a couple of times. Of course both times he landed in chambers that were full of media and no real water for him to swim in. He is just lucky that I was next to the tank when he decided to take the leap both times otherwise he would be in the big fish tank in the sky!

They are really fun to watch as they are always busy. Only thing is that I got him after my tank was established and I guess I didn't think that he was going to burrow the way that he does and my landscape is now a good three inches lower because everything settled to the bottom because he is buiding so many burrows!!

Sorry to go a little off topic here, but what kind of black sand are you using there? And does it get dirty easily? I'm just curious it looks really great!

It's called tahitian moon sand. After a while you can start to see bits of shell and stuff in it but i think it looks pretty good even after a while.

Picture%20306.jpg

He always ###ed off lookin lol theres a piece of LR that has Hole allway through it so he sits on top and if i make a sudden movement he's down the hole lol!

Got this guy about a week ago, he's still afraid of me so he darts back in the rocks when i walk up to the tank so it's difficult to get a good picture. I'm still trying to get him to pair up with my pistol shrimp who never comes out of his burrow either, on the otherside of the tank.

Tankpicsfeb1007009.jpg

Im about to get a pistol and goby pair.. hopefully a hifin candycane (is this a normail one, a hifin with red stripes instead of black? sorry for the dumb question, but everyone elses hifins are black, and their not called "candycanes"). I already have the pistol picked out just havent taken him home yet. he's not even an inch, just like yotas.. but don't know whats the best goby for him in a 5 gallon with no other fish..

yea im in irvine,

I picked the goby up at coral oaisis, i have not fed yet since he is in my pico i dont want to OD on the feeding.

i will post results. I am going to try some clclopseze

Just got this guy on the weekend. As you can cee I needed something to sift the sand, but now I have a lot of sand floating around in the waterbody. Anything I can do about that?

post-25048-1171933919_thumb.jpg

el_vulture619
post-25975-1172284206_thumb.jpgI had a clown gobie once...RIP :mellow: He died 2 weeks ago.... IT wouldnt EAT!! I guess i should have asked to see it eat before I bought it.
DSC_2315.jpg

DSC_2332.jpg

also hoping he pairs with my pistol, its been a few days and the watchmans bolthole is 3 inches to the right of where the pistol set himself up

DSC_2281.jpg

Wow! What kind of camera do you have?

i personally use a D80, but im sure any DSLR or better point and shoot can get the job done if you know what you are doing.

Nikon D80

Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 G-AFS ED-IF DX

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 APO EX DG Macro

Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 AF Pro D Macro

Nikon SB-600 Speedlight

I'm lookin at another small shrimpgoby, i think the barbershops are the most interesting. I already have a watchman and don't liek it that much, any recomendations? or personal info on barbershop goby?

Archived