ReefCleaners.org

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argent- Great shot!! The colors on that fish are beautiful. How big is he??

Mr. Piranha- Lets see some shots of the other two.

phil- Is your 58 taller or wider? I would imagine that it could easily be done. IMO easier if the tank was wider.

musicawal

My yasha in my 5.5, I can't seem to catch his shrimp out much. I also have a YWG and Tiger pistol combo in my 10 I'll try to get pics of them too.

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics he doesn't sit still long!

DSC00336.jpg

Alexraptor
Argent- Great shot!! The colors on that fish are beautiful. How big is he??

Mr. Piranha- Lets see some shots of the other two.

phil- Is your 58 taller or wider? I would imagine that it could easily be done. IMO easier if the tank was wider.

Oh i'd say hes about, lamost an inch.

and theres not going to be any more shots of any of them for the time being, theyve all gone into hiding, they stick around the rockworks these days but they do eat. cant seem to coax them out of there.

nugz - my 58 is 36 long, 18 deep and about 23 tall.... I think it would work just fine.

I'll try to get a shot of my goby this weekend and stick him on here.

brettamey

Here's my addition to the nano goby thread:

rlg0hl8.jpg

This is my neon goby, RLG. He (?) is named in honor of my awesome, but now deceased, clown goby, Little Guy. That's right, folks... this is Real Little Guy.

Here are two more shots of RLG with his buddy, an as yet unnamed Bi Color Blenny.

rlg1ok5.jpg

rlgxk3.jpg

They hang out together all the time, sometimes perching side by side on my center rock structure. RLG is most definitely the braver of the two. Any movement in or outside of the tank and he's there to check it out, while the blenny freaks and goes to hide in his hole in the rocks.

I really do make a concerted effort to find out as much as I can about a critter before I put it in my tank, but somehow I missed the information that a rainfor goby is a sand sifter. I put one in my 10 with oolitic sand and began to see sand on top of my zoanthids and Acan located down low. Finally caught the little bugger, with my eyes, not with the camera!

RainfordGoby070205.jpg

Somewhere along the line, I missed the tidbit about goby/shrimp pairs being so destructive of a tank, continuously moving and re-moving sand and even sizable rocks!

shrimpgobyanimationreduced-1.gif

I've had this pair (Randall's goby/Tiger shrimp) for over 18 months and that's about the scene every day in that tank!

brettamey
Lovely Neons, btw are neon gobies compatible with Eviota gobies?

Cant say for sure, but I would think so. I am only saying this because neons are considered "cleaners" and will clean their tankmates and eat parasites. BUT, unless they are a mated pair, they seem to have trouble with their own kind.

Easily the coolest fish Ive had in a while. Id like another one, but unless I could make sure that the new one is of the opposite sex, it would be a risky endeavor.

nugz - Bruce is probably about 3" long or so - and this morning I couldn't find him! :ohnoes:

no worries - he managed to escape in to my rear center chamber and I was able to net him and return him to the display!

seahorsejl
here's my little guy on his usual lookout:

Great picture! I am trying to get a good picture of when my yellow clown goby hides inside my long tentacle plate ... but the angle is really hard to get a picture (and of course the swaying tentacles don't help much either).

HammyDavisJr

Here is Turd Ferguson before my tank broke.

I got him from our LFS. They had 3 High Fins in the same tank, my friend bought 2 and I bought 1.

Now he's in foster care in my friends 75 gallon, back home with his family where he will stay. There is no way I'll ever catch him again.

DSCF1766_(Large).JPG

DSCF1770_(Large).JPG

My Randall's Goby (w/o his pistol shrimp)

Fishtanks_033.jpg

For some reason the pistol likes to hide.

Fishtanks_035.jpg

Fishtanks_0101.jpg

Fishtanks_014.jpg

I'm looking to get a Rainford pretty soon (after I finalize my rockwork and just have a frag-rack) :P

Danke

Your YWG is pretty too. I think I have a goby fetish :(

Gobies and blennies are about the only fish I like....probably because they dont aggitate too much :P

Archived