Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

Pics of a White Cap goby at the store where I work. This one is actually with a pair of pistols.

PC040011.jpg

PC040018.jpg

This is my Blue Stripe Cave goby(really neat guy, he swims perpendicular).

DSC_0087.jpg

Eviota

DSC_0033-1.jpg

Hector's

DSC_0047.jpg

I also have a Jaguar goby but I never see him long enough to get a pic.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you did somehow manage to find one in a lfs you'd better be prepared to feed him SEA URCHINS!

That's right the Nine Line Goby eats the sucker feet of sea urchins exclusively! Who woulda thought?

• 3 weeks later...
Here are some pictures I posted on my build thread at RC. Yashia Goby, and his sidekick pistol shrimp. Might as well share it here. I love the pattern of the "tissure" between the highfin and body. It's cool looking. They move from burrow to burrow. The goby knows when I'm going to feed the tank, I just drop the pellets in and he zooms in to gobble it whole. I feed it 3 pellets at a time, and whatever the goby misses, the shrimp makes a cameo to tonka truck it back into the hole. :lol:

Jimbo that is a female Yasha I believe.

Pics of a White Cap goby at the store where I work. This one is actually with a pair of pistols.

PC040011.jpg

PC040018.jpg

FU%$^@ N. I WANT THAT FREAKING PAIR. SHO. BAYUD. BAYUD. BAYUD.

Now ya'll just teasing me. The other one is better cuz bigger goby! Man are these guys puny when I see them in person. Could get eaten even by my baby perc!

Now ya'll just teasing me. The other one is better cuz bigger goby! Man are these guys puny when I see them in person. Could get eaten even by my baby perc!

How about the other one has a smaller shrimp :o .

How about the other one has a smaller shrimp :o .

Hahaha, got me there! Is that your white cap? How are they compared to the stonogobiops species?

Hahaha, got me there! Is that your white cap? How are they compared to the stonogobiops species?

They are very unique. Unlike any goby/pistol pair I have ever had. The shrimp is completely unique as well. He literally pushes and pulls the goby around to get him out of the way or for whatever reason. No other goby pistol pair does this from what I have seen.

• 4 weeks later...

I have got to make an account on some site for viewing pictures someday. These are links to pictures I posted on DeviantArt.

Here's the red headed goby resting on a feather duster. http://fav.me/d4re5za

And here's the green-banded goby. http://fav.me/d4raojw

I need to take a better one of the jaguar goby. Maybe I should just stick the one I have in scraps as a snapshot for now. I see him pretty much everyday, but not for long. He comes out to eat.

Do to territorial issues I had to give away the red. The jaguar goby was being abused. Now Jaggy has the lovely little green to hang with, only 3/4" long. The green banded goby is named Raphael after the Ninja Turtle because he's green and has a red bandanna.

Everyone looks happy, but this is my first tank and it's only 5 months old so I'm still learning what "happy" looks like.

Figured out how to upload.

Here's something you don't see everyday! "Raphael" the Green-Banded Goby and "Jag" the Jaguar Goby hanging out together.

post-69545-1331160216_thumb.jpg

And one of the Red Headed Gobies on his feather duster. I really like how this one came out. Had to give the red headed gobies away do to territorial issues.

post-69545-1331160492_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived