Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Wish I could post a pic. of my yellow watchman but my reflexes are too slow to snap a picture before he disappears back into his burrow.

Helfrichs Chick

Only got him yesterday, be he seems VERY happy, eating lots of bugs, and running all around. He is very friendly and lets me come right up to the glass, even with pictures. My hand and the algae magnet doesnt really phase him either. VERY cool little guy.

post-19268-1171247521_thumb.jpg

sweet trimma what do you feed?

You know what, I've tried everything; flakes, cyclopeeze, mysis, brine, pellets. I have NEVER seen this fish eat anything. However, after 3 months, it's as healthy today as the day I purchased it. Always has a full belly too. :)

I wonder what it's eating. Maybe pods? One cool thing I've seen the trimma do that I've never seen before with other gobies I've kept is "hovering". It will stay suspended in the middle of the water column (I have a 10g tall) motionless...just flicking it's fins every once in awhile to stay in position, with it's mouth pointed towards the surface. Weird, huh?

It does the usual goby stuff too...attached itself to things like LR, coral, the aquarium, while sideways, upside down, etc.

Helfrichs Chick

My new guy wont eat either. He is picking the sand rock and glass, eating all the pods. he seems happy enough but i wll still try to feed, he is too cool.

Helfrich’s Chick I have two of them and they both eat Cyclopeeze. Actually the bigger one goes nuts for it. They are coolest fish I have had or seen. The bigger of the two got on the top rock of the reef and puffs up like he is a big bad dog. he will jump up and down on the rock if my hand goes in tank while on there it is so funny.

Heres a picture of my high fin goby and pistol shrimp. Theres another high fin but it wouldn't stay in the picture

im not really sure how to post the picture so it might not come out

post-21654-1171645022_thumb.jpg

i just got a trimma i will post pics soon.

That's great! Hey I just noticed you're in SoCal. Where did you pick it up? Maybe you'll be able to tell me what they eat :)

I decided to get a high fin yesterday because I have been wanting one for a while, plus I needed a surprise for my fiance! After I saw this thread, I had to get him!

I will post pics later!

Archived