Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

you're not worried if the original pistol will fight with the new pistol? :huh:

Or do you a way to sex them? ;)

Never thought about that And they probably will fight. In that case I won't get another pistol. I just get a very nice feather duster the lfs thats about the same price. :D

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
My new Goby

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

You'll love em!!!! If you get him a shrimp you'll see 10x as much of him and they are soooooooooooooo fun to watch with a shrimp. Good luck with him! :D

Anyone keeping Panda gobies? Very interested in these little guys but don't know anyone keeping them. I've read that certain SPS corals are necessary when keeping these fish. However, I've also read that they only utilize these corals for nest-building and don't require them for survival. Any tips or, better yet, pics?

Thanks,

Bill

My little Trimma. He likes to hang out upside down in caves, but, as you can see here, does the rightside-up thing too. I don't know which species he is, as the LFS from which I bought him had no idea whatsoever what he was. I think he's a Trimma. His eyes are so huge for his body.

EDITED_IMG_0653.jpg

Josh, I just remembered that there are quite a few Trimma pictured here:

http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/gobies.htm

Not that you'll probably be able to ID it from just a pic, of course...:)

--Diane

Diane, you rock! I'll look through those pictures when I have time. I hope he's in there. I heven't seen the little guy for a couple of days, I hope he's ok. There are so many mall hidey holes in my tank, I have no doubt he could easily escape detection for weeks at a time, but I still wish he would show himself once a day so I know he's ok.

Thanks much,

- Josh

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a quick question. Does anyone know if two trimma gobies will be fine with a hi-fin red banded shrimp goby, a true percula clownfish, and blood red fire shrimp in a 24 gallon NC?

• 2 weeks later...
2104668404_7a4a3989e2_o.jpg

2104668552_73dcf61821_o.jpg

Pics from my old 10g. They are both currently in a 20L.

Great pics! That last one made me laugh out loud. He's really found a nice niche, there!

Heres my greenbanded goby

goby008.jpg

Ah, I love those guys.! ;)

--Diane

Archived