ReefCleaners.org

Nano Gobies PICTURE THREAD

Cam barr

Thanks a lot Matt. It really is so much harder to get good shots of this guy compared to other/larger fish. They can spook quite easily sometimes and other times they don't care as much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
avalanche1201

got myself a yellow clown goby a little while ago...nice little percher for my pico. No good pics yet ill work on it.

but one thing...whats some good food for these guys? He doesnt seem to found of my mysis

got myself a yellow clown goby a little while ago...nice little percher for my pico. No good pics yet ill work on it.

but one thing...whats some good food for these guys? He doesnt seem to found of my mysis

Don't know about these particular fish, but my small gobies like frozen Cyclopeeze.

--Diane

548427806_e21321d121.jpg

548479649_a1846ec95b_o.jpg

713847304_bbb6bbd703_o.jpg

Here are some pictures I posted on my build thread at RC. Yashia Goby, and his sidekick pistol shrimp. Might as well share it here. I love the pattern of the "tissure" between the highfin and body. It's cool looking. They move from burrow to burrow. The goby knows when I'm going to feed the tank, I just drop the pellets in and he zooms in to gobble it whole. I feed it 3 pellets at a time, and whatever the goby misses, the shrimp makes a cameo to tonka truck it back into the hole. :lol:

I am really surprised that nobody has put up an Ascension Goby (Priolepis ascensionis) yet. Here is mine:

Dizzy4.jpg

He swims, hangs and eats upside down. Named Dizzy. He's about 3 cm long.

He's been in the tank (29G with 52 # LR and one Red Firefish) for 6 days, and out in the open for 3 days.

Most excellent guy yet.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

I have been watching this thread for a long time and it is what inspired me to get a few gobies myself.... I really love everyone's pictures and wish I had 200 gallon tank with one of every species..... Here are some shots of my dudes I hope you enjoy....

His name...is Taco...my daughter name him, she's 2 1/2 pretty random

100_0759_00.jpg

This is the best shot I could get of this guy today....I havn't named him yet

100_0761.jpg

Tiny was supposed to chill on my frags and other corals but he sits on top and behind my powerhead yay! :angry:

100_0763.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Terribly blurry shot but you get the idea. One of my favorite fish--it wouldn't ever leave these red and green mushrooms except to snag food. Almost like it knew it was perfectly camouflaged. :)

11417_1094606945.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well here are my babies! They are Yasha Hashe shrimp gobies and live in my 24ap. suprisingly i did not purchase them at the same time i bought them about 6 months appart and they get along fine!

gobies.jpg

I had to wait about four months for my lfs to get the pistol for me.

Well here are my babies! They are Yasha Hashe shrimp gobies and live in my 24ap. suprisingly i did not purchase them at the same time i bought them about 6 months appart and they get along fine!

gobies.jpg

I had to wait about four months for my lfs to get the pistol for me.

Sweet Pair! B)

Sweet Pair! B)

Thanks! I'm thinkin of gettin another pistol friday cause my lfs is havin a sale and the owner is gonna get a ton of new stuff in.

Thanks! I'm thinkin of gettin another pistol friday cause my lfs is havin a sale and the owner is gonna get a ton of new stuff in.

you're not worried if the original pistol will fight with the new pistol? :huh:

Or do you a way to sex them? ;)

Archived