IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

Look how ######ty he looks!!! :( :( :( Im taking him back, i cant stand this!!!!!

He sitll isnt eating any mysis, and hes turning black.. wonderful isn't it? :(

Flick

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr.bojangles

wen u go pick up a damsel ... right now there cheaper than cromis. damsels r even hardier and we hav some nice ones in right now

I cant get a ride in :( So im not bringing him in today :( And he'll probably be dead by sunday when i get back... :( :( :( I should have fallowed my gut and brought him in lastnight... But you all said wait, just give him time :( and how look.. damn it, im actually mad about this all! Poor fish whos suffering... not nice

i dont want damsels. I hate them. They are hardy, but also get fiesty and aggressive :( Thats the last thing i need in my tank.

Im going to come in one day (possibly monday, or tuesday) and order in a yellow heraldi angel. Mr.Bojangles, would it be ok, if i ordered 2 in, then just pick my 1 favourite, healthiest one? Or do i *have* to buy what i order?

Flick

mr.bojangles

i dono if u can

just get ur mom to keep feeding ur fish ... it will eat... have u tried live brine.

also fish can survive almost 30 days without food

She will keeping trying... she loves this lil guy just as much as me, and its breaking her heart watching him suffer so bad :( I have not tried live brine... I dont know how to cultivate them, dont have eggs, or any supplies need to do so. 30 days?!?!! Why is mine only 5 days in, and turning black already?!?!

He's healthy, and still as active as when i got him, just not as plump, and not eating anything :(

Can you check if you have any angelfish food tonight Trevor? Then PM me with the answer? Im looking for Frozen, Oceans Nutrition "Angel Formula"??? Also the price?

Should i grab live brine shrimp stuff today when i go out in like 15min? Or will it be too late? As dont the brine shrimp need to grow for few days? UNLESS!!! :D What if i get it, start them up, then on sunday when i get back, try them??? What do you think? Are they hard to grow?

Flick

mr.bojangles

ill check for u.

ur lucky hes active. most of the time they stay hidden for a while to, ur gona have to get used to it. all u need fo brine if a container ith some s/w in it and some sort of aeration/ current, i.e. airstone.

and before u ask y the cromis was active, it was tank raised

Hey! Im back! :)

I went out and got more RO water. Did not get any new foods though... This is why! :D

Before i left to get all the new water i needed, i was watching the tank. The cleaner shrimp is wondering around like usual, picking at things. Then i look, and theres the bicolor angel, hiding in same spot yet again... oh well. I see him still grey coloured, and figure he's dying. I thought, "Hey, i should try some more mysis"...

So, i got a but of mysis, and brine (both frozen) and added it to the tank. The cleaner ran out imediately, eating it. Then, i look, and Maverick swam out! :D The grey that was covering his yellow areas disappeared! :P and he was swimming around! Definately interested in the food! :D He didn't eat any :( but it shows that they greysih color that was taking over him, disappeared, and he was still active (swimming in and out of various caves..) :D Thats awesome! I was soo happy to see that! He isnt as skinny as i thought, as this is the first time i've really seen him without the grey colour, and he was moving a lot. So, i think you guys are *right*, or shall i say i HOPE you are! lol. I hope he eventually picks at a peice of food, then clues in he likes it, and eats more and more! :D lol

Flick

HEy! :)

Im still at my dads house... i get home today at 2pm to check on poor Maverick!!! We leave in half hour, and it takes an hour to get home...

My mom emailed me, and she said he was out more, and she saw him chasing some food when she fed him on Saterday! :D :D :D So.. well see!!! I want to check a LFS on the way home to get some angel formula fish food... I think it would be worth the $6 investment! ;) lol

Flick :)

***UPDATE***

Ok im now home! :D Maverick is still in his cave... still dark, if not, even darker than before :( Buddy the shrimp, if fine and dandy! :D I put mysis in the tank... and Maverick purked up, and came semi out of his cave! :D Not all the way though :( He was moving towards food, but as he went back into his cave, it was not possible to see if he ate anything or not :( However, after i fed him, i went into a different room. And my mom came in the house, and said he was out of the cave and swimming around!!! So... i bet he was searching for food? Who knows... lol

Water params are great! :D Sooo pleased with that! And the tanks looking awesome! More and mroe coraline, and the xenia are spreading! Mushrooms are getting much bigger, and the tini toadstool is now small, not tini :P lol

Flick

When you feed him, do you sit in front of the tank? Or do you back off to "give him his space"? He may just be scared of the"big strange object outside"

Try stepping back to the edge of the room for observation.

The adventures of Flick and Maverick are becoming one of my favorite serial shows. :)

Keep it up!

Cheers!

I feed the tank, lol, then step crouch down, but i do step back somtimes... Maybe now i will step father all the time, instead of only sometimes... ;)

AHHAAH Adventures of Flick and Maverick are driving me NUTSO!!! :o lol I was, and am stressing for the poor lil fish :( I hope he starts eating more :D :D :D

Flick

**********************************UPDATE************************************

MAVERICK IS EATING!!!! :o :o :o

I put Mysis shrimp in the water, and next thing you see, Maverick LUNGES out like lightning!!! :o He swims right up, and snatches 3 or 4 peices of mysis!!! :D :D :D I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not out of his cave, swimming around! :P He lost the black colour, and is bright yellow again, active, and you can tell he ate! :D Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASEEEDDDD!!!!!! lol

I HAVE to do some pics for ya now ;)

Flick

More like...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D lol

Does anyone in Ontario, know where i can get a nice pair of clowns? Preferibly true percs... (In person, i dont want to order online, or have them shipped)...thanks guys!

Flick :)

Wheres the reef... Where exactly is that?

Oakville Reef Gallery... Is it really that great?

NAFB... THAT ON EARTH IS THAT?!?!?!? lol

Where are you located? Im in Guelph ;)

Flick

Wheres the reef... Where exactly is that?

Oakville Reef Gallery... Is it really that great?

NAFB... THAT ON EARTH IS THAT?!?!?!? lol

Where are you located? Im in Guelph ;)

Flick

Where's the reef is in mississauga

Oakville Reef Gallery is decent but imo Reef raft also in mississauga and where's the reef are much better

North american fish breeders is in the east end of toronto.

I know where's the reef has had percs recentish, best to call ahead. Reef raft has them from time to time as well but usually focus' on more exotic types of clowns.

Where's The Reef is at Cawthra and the Queensway in Mississauga.

Big Al's Mississauga and Reef Raft are both on the South Side of Dundas, east of Cawthra. Reef Raft is farther down, past Dixie.

When I head down there, I will do the circuit, and pop into all three. Makes the day fly by!

I work in Mississauga also, so sometimes I take the LOOOOOOONG lunch ;)

Thanks guys! :)

So, i should go to wtr?!?!?

Jeff... how far away form you is it? Im in Guelph, which is closer to Missisauga than you isn't it? Or how long would it be do you think?!?!

Thanks again guys! I also want to try OFG... i've heard amazing reviews for it! :P

Flick

Hey everyone! :)

Maverick ate SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TODAY!!! :D :D :D He was out and about, picking at the food, and eating it, that would swim by! :D Im sooo pleased! I know this guy will last for a looong time! He's a fightr for sure, and is currently very healthy, bright, and ACTIVE!!! He doesn't stop moving around now!!! Hes like the energizer bunny! :o Here are a few pics i took.. i have many more to fallow ;)

He was this monday night..

IMG_3829.jpg

He's now this today!!!

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

I took more, MUCH BETTER shots of him and the tank... they are uploading now! :)

Flick

Here are the rest of the piccies! :P lol

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

the baby toadstool is growing! :D :D :D

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

What do you all think about him?!?! Im thinking hes GORGEOUS!!!! :D And looks, and seems, VERY healthy now, happy, and comfortable with the tank ;)

Im going to get 2 clowns this weekend! :D :D :D Im sooooo pumped! lol

Flick

eastcoaster70
Here are the rest of the piccies! :P lol

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

the baby toadstool is growing! :D :D :D

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

What do you all think about him?!?! Im thinking hes GORGEOUS!!!! :D And looks, and seems, VERY healthy now, happy, and comfortable with the tank ;)

Im going to get 2 clowns this weekend! :D :D :D Im sooooo pumped! lol

Flick

don't know about all the smiley faces, but that tank looks great, buddy. very realistic looking seascape. i love bi-color angels...

What do you mean you dont know about the smiley faces? You dont like how im happy? :(

Thanks! I just wanted to create as many caves as i could! :D Sure paid off! Maveric loves going in them all... so nice to watch him! :D

Flick

Archived