Coral Vue Hydros

New 46g bowfront tank!

flick

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone :)

Thanks Toomin you are right. They are very rare to keep past acclimation :(

Anyways the tanks doing good. All quiet, still only have Nemo (clown) and Buddy Shrimp) in it. Im waiting the 6 weeks or so. But im REALLY loosing interest in it :( Im htinking of selling the rock, sand, clown, and shrimp. I have wanted gerbils for ages (i had them before but sold them :( ) and the tank is too much stress for my mom when i go away... So i think it will be better to take it down (keep the tank and all equipment though), get gerbils, and once i move out and have a place, set it all back up, and do how i want it. So upgrade the lights and go all out on corals...

I just don't think this is a good time to have it setup... Plus i go to college in 1.5 years so im going to tear it down anyways... so i might as well now as i only have 2 inhabitants. Rather than wait, add more fish, get into it, then have to tear it down and loose even more money. I really love SW fish, don't get me wrong,l i think it is just bad timing do i gotta do what i gotta do...

Im not sure though, my mom does't know about the gerbils plan :( lol So i may keep the tank up, not 100% sure. I am thinking hard about it though... weighing the pros and cons, thats all.

Flick :)

Hey Flick im sorry to hear about junior but thats no reason to leave us for gerbils come on man.j/k But in all seriousnes i went through kinda the same thing when i was 16 i set up a saltwater tank and i didnt know as much as i know now or as much as you do at your age. So this tank went good for about six months then it went sour and everything died in a matter of days. So i got disgusted and sold all my stuff and bought a bearded dragon. The whole time i didnt have the tank i was jealous of evey saltwater system i saw and finally i made my tank i have now. I still have the dragon by the way. But college is no reason to take it down in fact you should go to your 10g idea and have a true nano in your dorm. Besides a great conversation piece it will help get rid of the stress of college life. Any way dont let a little bump in the road steer you away stick it out you know you want too, PeteyC

P.S. Check out my tank when you get a chance its getting on its way

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...id=1136749&

That looks like Marshal Island rock, is it? If so, you have a very good friend. I started with cichlids too. It's going to be a whole new learning exp. for you. All I can say is go very slow. Don't add any fish for about 4 months, and if you get the brown Alga, just let it run it's course. Cover the tank if it bothers you, just let it be.

Archived